Ratings for Dr. Andrew K. Bean

Dr. Bean misdiagnosed the problem and did not listen to anything I had to say. I would not recommend a Dr that is so fast to give the wrong diagnosis and not listen to anything the patient says.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

I went to about 4 other dermatologists, who could not help me. I had a rash all over my face. He sat in the room introduced himself to me and my partner with a handshake asked me many questions,looked at my skin and gave me a prescription.He seem to know his stuff quite well.I got the prescription, and the condition that I had been suffering from for over a year basically disappeared. I was so happy with his services and would recommend him. I would agree however his assistant was not the best. But it is rare these days to pay for a dermatologist and actually get to see one, usually its just an assistant or etc. I called all over Des Moines and most Dermatologist will only take cash paying clients like cosmetic stuff, because thats where the money is. Dr Bean came in and saw me for a real skin condition that four other very popular Dermatologist in DM just sent in their PA's all when I was paying cash. I would say try him!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2012

I went to see Dr. Bean for my severe acne on both my face and back. I saw the man for all of ten minutes and what I saw was a man with no bedside manners, but he seems knowledgeable. All of the treatments were dictated by his assistants. The oral medications contained ingredients that made me vomit (that I told him I was sensitive to)and the topical prescription did nothing for my acne, but made my skin flakey, red, and so tender that when I cried over my appearance, I was in pain because of my tears. I feel that if he was actually helping me as opposed to his idiotic assistant, I might have gotten a result that helped me. Instead, I had an ugly, puffy, red, swollen face and had to throw up while driving. I would NEVER recommend him, even to my wost enemies.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2010

Dr. Andrew K. Bean's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

GHI