Ratings for Dr. Claudia N. Gaughf

I have used Dr. Gaughf fr years... Lately for a scar on my chest. I just had a bad experience at your Pooler office... I had an appointment. I have come in twice before for Cortisone shots for a scar... The receptionist took my file placed it in the hopper for me to be seen and told me to wait to be called. I told her that I had a balance of $84. I explained that I could pay the today;'s charges but not the past balance. She called and verified that that was OK. She said the $84 was not in collections but I would have to pay it before my next visit. I said OK. I asked her what todays balance would be? I assumed that it would be the same as my last visit. She put my file aside and kept me waiting for 20 minutes while she checked and helped other customers. She finally got back to me. And said that now I had to pay the the $84 plus the $60. I said 20 minutes ago you told me that I only had to pay todays balance. She said that had changed and I now had to pay it all. If she did not want to see me with a past due balance... I completely understand. But keeping me there 20 minutes and then changing your/her mind was not right.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

I have been to several Dermatologists in the past and I will have to say that Dr Gaughf and her medical staff are far and above anyone that I have ever been to. Her assistants not only were very efficient and knowledgeable, but were the most friendly and understanding staff that I have ever been to in any medical office. And to top it off when Dr Gaughf arrived in the room it continued with her. She was very professional and understanding and explained to me what my rash was all about. I had asked her about something entirely different from my original problem, and once again she was outstanding and took the time to address what I had asked. I not only will return to her if need be, but I will recommend her to anyone that asks me for one.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Dr. Gaughf and her office and staff are the fast-food of physician's practices: quick, unfriendly, with no customer service. I've never been seen by anyone who was so cursory, rushed, and seemingly uninterested. I didn't even know she was the doctor when she came into the examining room; she flew in, didn't make eye contact or say hello or introduce herself, or acknowledge me in any way. With her back to me for a few minutes, writing in a chart, I finally said, "Hello, are you Dr. Gaughf?" "MM-hmm" was her reply, and then she did the quickest (supposed) whole-body cancer screening you could imagine - basically just pulled back the sheet, glanced up and down, more "mm-hmm's." I had to ask about certain moles I was concerned about, and she brushed me off, saying "Yeah, they're fine." Unfortunately some of this is on me - because if you look anywhere on the web (which, admittedly, I didn't prior to my appointment) you'll find similar reviews.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I did not read the reviews prior to using this dermatologist and that was a huge mistake on my part. Please understand when you see her reviews and the majority of them are negative, there is a reason. Ask your doctor to refer you to someone other than Claudia Gaughf.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

Very disappointed. I was interviewed from across the room. My skin wasn't examined at all. Very abrupt staff... Here's prescriptions, took my money & out the door. Prescriptions were so expensive couldn't afford them even with insurance. Took several days to gt the office to even call me back. What a scam this office is! These jerks need a lesson in how to treat their hard working, well intentioned patients.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Bad experience! For the rash on one side of my face I received a prescription for Clocortolone Pivalate Cream o.1% ($170). After one application my face got badly swollen overnight. I called the office first thing in the morning, but got only the answering machine where I left a message. I searched Clocortolone on Wikipedia with the result: ..”do not use in the face, groin, or underarms”… I wanted to talk to Dr. Gaughf, and asked for compensation of the expense. After two weeks only, my husband could talk finally to the office manager. A week later, I received a letter talking of ..”your misunderstanding”..; of course no compensation.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

Dr. Gaughf did not listen or even give me much opportunity to speak. She was brusque and rude and practically yelled at me. She made me feel horrible about a condition that I already felt self-conscious about, but made no effort to find out what was causing the condition. I had another condition that I never had a chance to ask about before Dr. Gaughf left the room. Her nurse was very receptive, helpful, and competent, thank goodness, because Dr. Gaughf has no beside manner at all. If you are sensitive about doctor examinations or your condition, find another doctor. The staff was very friendly and professional. The office was very easy to locate. I would never visit them again. I was very disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

Explained everything thoroughly and anwswered all questions and concerns

flag | Submitted July 11, 2012

I will start off by saying the office is BEAUTIFUL and so is the staff! I was referred by a friend of mine to see Dr. Gaughf for Botox since she was running a special, which I think is awesome! I always love a good deal! The wait time was very little. I was probably in and out within 30 minutes. I got to meet the new Esthetician on board and was introduced to a line of cosmetic products and different types of facials that they offer. Looking forward to my next visit with the esthetician to start me on a new regiment of products! Can't wait to start looking younger ;)

flag | Submitted October 12, 2011

The doctor and all her staff were very friendly. The office was very clean. I even saw her PA, amy who was very nice too. I was seen promptly I waited about 10 minuets.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2011

Dr. Claudia N. Gaughf's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1992)