Ratings for Dr. Andrew R. Altman

I have been going to see Dr. Altman for over 5 years. He is straight shooter. He does not waste his time trying to sale creams or services you do not need. Normally, I spent less than 30 in his office. I feel very comfortable with his medical treatment.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Dr. Altman is always in a rush and very rude I would not recommend him at all, I'm sorry but I have to tell it as it is.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I consulting him for 3month and my skin did improve, but Dr. Altman has no bedside manners. He looks like is always in a rush and any question you have he makes you feel like you are over reacting or make you think he is in such a rush that you are waiting his time. I will recommend this doctor to please take time with his patients. Some skin problems might not be really serous for some people but they are for others.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

When I left the appt I wanted to cry! He was very uncaring & uninterested in helping me -I made an appointment almost two weeks ago, I was looking forward to finally seeing a dermatologist that could help me with clearing up my skin that had been blemished from breakouts. I got there over an hour & a half early, filled out my paperwork & waited for only a short amount of time to see the 'Doctor'. His asst brought me to a room & a few minutes later, Altman walks in, seemingly hurried, VERY briefly going over my medical history & asks me what my problems are, I told him, and his very short, point blank, insensitive response was that there was nothing I could do about my blemishes. His only tip was that I wear sunscreen! WTH?! He didn't suggest any skin tests or medications- nothing! The whole appt was maybe 2- 2 & 1/2 minutes long. I was so disgusted at the total lack of regard for me as a patient seeking help. I plan to see Dr. Glick next month, I'm told he actually cares!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2014

This office is well-run and efficient, You are welcomed with a smile and made to feel comfortable. Dr. Altman is a very approachable, down-to-earth dermo, who really knows his stuff. No pushing of expensive, unneccessary treatments - love this practice - highly recommend...

flag | Submitted November 3, 2011

First of all people need to learn that if they have insurance, what they pay is based on the plan THEY chose. Whether it's a copay for each visit or a deductible that has to be met. The doctor does not set insurance prices - your insurance company does. Dr. Altman tells it like it is and treated my condition professionally and adequately. His bedside manner is excellent and he is definitely patient-friendly. I would and have recommended him to my family and friends.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

I really like Dr. Altman and trust him 100%. I do not trust his former partner who was very cold to me the one time I had met him and Dr. Altman was not available.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2011

My family did not like him at all. He sees you for 5 min. then that's it. he tells you to see him every 2 weeks (short time to see improvements) most derms tell you to come in 2-3 months. He charges $35 for nothing and if youtell him that one of his meds is not working, he will say ''oh please, use all three''. Also, what kind of doctor tell you to not wear sunscreen. I WILL NOT be recommending this doctor to anyone. He charges you every two weeks and tells you the same thing.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2010

I have been going to Dr. Altman for at least 5 years now. I have always found him to be exceptionally timely, kind, polite and knowledgeable. Have referred my whole extended family to him and they are all equally pleased. Would recommend Dr. Altman to anyone looking for a dermatologist in Fort Lauderdale.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. Andrew R. Altman's Credentials

• Baylor College Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)