Ratings for Dr. Lawrence J. Shapiro

I could never, in good conscience, recommend Dr Shapiro Hair Institute to anyone. I didn't trust him, but I went forward anyway. I'll regret it forever. Dr. Shapiro sold me 3744 grafts at $2 graft. During the procedure and the next day, I had a bad feeling. So, I immediately hired a professional photographer and had images taken of my head, so I could attempt to count the incisions. It's difficult to get to an exact number, but after counting and recounting several times, I kept landing in the 1400-1600 range. The incision to graft ratio for this type of procedure is supposed to be 1:1, so that means that my count was between 1400-1600 grafts. I see no net gain in the density of hair on my head and I find it hard to believe that 3744 grafts (supposed to equate to 5000-11,000 hairs) wouldn't make a visible difference under the worst of possible circumstances. I believe I was not given what I paid for.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

I had hairtransplant with this butche in 2002 . No results and huge scar!!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2011

Dr. Lawrence J. Shapiro's Credentials

• Nova Se Univ, Coll Of Osteo Med, Ft Lauderdale Fl 33328 (Grad. 1988)

Beech Street Corporation