Ratings for Dr. Andries Van Heerden

There is no better doctor than Dr. van Heerden! He has been our family doctor for over 10 years. He explains things well and is very friendly to the children. They love him even though sometimes they are shy. He is a thorough, compassionate doctor. He is extremely accommodating with trying to fit us in the same day if one of the children is sick. He has even met us at the hospital Saturday morning once. We appreciate him and hope he stays in the area until he retires.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. van Heerden is an amazing doctor! He is very caring and compassionate. He is very knowledgeable. He works extended hours so it usually isn't too hard to get in to see him. I never feel rushed when my kids or I go in to see him. He is very calm and has a sense of humour as well. He is extremely well respected in the community. My family and I have been seeing him for years and he has never let us down.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Don't think I could ever find a better one. His bedside manner is exceptional as he explains things in layman terms, is current with his knowledge and isn't afraid to refer you to a specialist when he doesn't know something.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I've been seeing him for years and am frustrated by his arrogance. He will lie to my face about issues he doesn't know about, instead of admitting he doesn't know. Very stubborn if a patient has their own ideas and will not listen to them if it's not his idea. He has to be right all the time. It's unfortunate that there are no new doctors accepting patients in our town. Receptionist is very rude also.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

He is so courteous, professional, very thorough. Always listens and explains things. He is the BEST!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Always knowledgeable and willing to send you on if he feels you need specialist

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

My husband and I have had a very rewarding experience with Dr. vanHeerden's care since we moved to this area. We couldn't have found a more caring person

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Had a bad experience with this Doctor. Needs to be more thorough in reading reports from other doctors. Very quick to diagnose and write a prescription. A bit of a pill pusher.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Has been my doctor since he arrived in Yorkton, if he doesn't know he sends me for further testing or to specialist. Always polite, friendly and interested in what I have to say. Couldn't ask for a better doc.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

arrogant, for sure does not know his antidepressants, prescribes it to my friend , who asked for a few days of rx for sleep before her exams

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016