Ratings for Dr. Andries Van Heerden

Doctor VanHeerden has been our family doctor for years. He is always very helpful and makes sure all tests are run and answers are always given and fully understood . He has called after hours to give results that were being waited for with my new baby. He is extremely patient and understanding I feel very fortunate to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

I am sure glad that this particular Dr has been nothing but the best for you. I am very glad for everyone. My husband did not make it out of St. Paul's hospital after they did 3 surgeries. He was only 66 years old. We asked to be sent to an specialist in Regina and we were told they he could not because Dr. wanis has already sent him to Saskatoon for surgery, which at the time we were not sure if we were going for surgery or not. No one would give us other options even though there were other options. I am very very disappointed in this Dr. My husbands ordeal started in Aug 2017 and ended with his death on the 18th of Dec. 2017. I believe what goes around comes around.

Submitted December 31, 2017

Girls are doing awesome in a very busy environment. Doctor is very accommodating and I never feel rushed. Hes been right on with diagnosis.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2017

Dr Van Heerden has been my doctor for years! The best and he make sure he sends you for more test if needed to find out more. Yes, sometimes I feel rushed if it's an after 5pm appointment. As for one of his new secretary, from a previous drs office. She was talking with omg teenager attitude, and was not too understanding! Like I didn't know what I was talking about. I've told her I've been down this road before with previous app. and wait time to see a specialist. I was very polite with her. Also is the wait time to get through on the phone. Wanted to make appointment for my husband and she gave me a time and day was next available. Then I asked if there was another time because that time wouldn't work. Then I got kinda like a teenager attitude again, saying then what time do you want to come in then, that same day. Miranda and the previous secretary were way better to talk too for appointments etc...

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Has hired 2 new receptionists and they still can't answer the phone when it rings. Constantly goes to the voice messaging system. I've waited on hold for over 10 minutes. He had excellent staff prior to these new hires. Once in with the doctor, you feel rushed to get out.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

The secretary is very rude and acts very condescending. Noticed on more than one occasion, when people she knew or are her friends would come in, they would be put ahead of other people. Has happened to me more than once. So instead of the usual one hour wait, it would turn into two or more hours. Very annoying because of living an hour away from Yorkton, especially in the winter. Made a comment about it to her boss and he acted like he didn't care, so that pissed me off even more.....

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

arrogant and quick to prescribe medications, does not give any other options

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

There is no better doctor than Dr. van Heerden! He has been our family doctor for over 10 years. He explains things well and is very friendly to the children. They love him even though sometimes they are shy. He is a thorough, compassionate doctor. He is extremely accommodating with trying to fit us in the same day if one of the children is sick. He has even met us at the hospital Saturday morning once. We appreciate him and hope he stays in the area until he retires.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. van Heerden is an amazing doctor! He is very caring and compassionate. He is very knowledgeable. He works extended hours so it usually isn't too hard to get in to see him. I never feel rushed when my kids or I go in to see him. He is very calm and has a sense of humour as well. He is extremely well respected in the community. My family and I have been seeing him for years and he has never let us down.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Don't think I could ever find a better one. His bedside manner is exceptional as he explains things in layman terms, is current with his knowledge and isn't afraid to refer you to a specialist when he doesn't know something.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016