Ratings for Dr. Andries Van Heerden

Dr Van Heerden has been my doctor for years! The best and he make sure he sends you for more test if needed to find out more. Yes, sometimes I feel rushed if it's an after 5pm appointment. As for one of his new secretary, from a previous drs office. She was talking with omg teenager attitude, and was not too understanding! Like I didn't know what I was talking about. I've told her I've been down this road before with previous app. and wait time to see a specialist. I was very polite with her. Also is the wait time to get through on the phone. Wanted to make appointment for my husband and she gave me a time and day was next available. Then I asked if there was another time because that time wouldn't work. Then I got kinda like a teenager attitude again, saying then what time do you want to come in then, that same day. Miranda and the previous secretary were way better to talk too for appointments etc...

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

Has hired 2 new receptionists and they still can't answer the phone when it rings. Constantly goes to the voice messaging system. I've waited on hold for over 10 minutes. He had excellent staff prior to these new hires. Once in with the doctor, you feel rushed to get out.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

The secretary is very rude and acts very condescending. Noticed on more than one occasion, when people she knew or are her friends would come in, they would be put ahead of other people. Has happened to me more than once. So instead of the usual one hour wait, it would turn into two or more hours. Very annoying because of living an hour away from Yorkton, especially in the winter. Made a comment about it to her boss and he acted like he didn't care, so that pissed me off even more.....

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

arrogant and quick to prescribe medications, does not give any other options

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

There is no better doctor than Dr. van Heerden! He has been our family doctor for over 10 years. He explains things well and is very friendly to the children. They love him even though sometimes they are shy. He is a thorough, compassionate doctor. He is extremely accommodating with trying to fit us in the same day if one of the children is sick. He has even met us at the hospital Saturday morning once. We appreciate him and hope he stays in the area until he retires.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Dr. van Heerden is an amazing doctor! He is very caring and compassionate. He is very knowledgeable. He works extended hours so it usually isn't too hard to get in to see him. I never feel rushed when my kids or I go in to see him. He is very calm and has a sense of humour as well. He is extremely well respected in the community. My family and I have been seeing him for years and he has never let us down.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2017

Don't think I could ever find a better one. His bedside manner is exceptional as he explains things in layman terms, is current with his knowledge and isn't afraid to refer you to a specialist when he doesn't know something.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I've been seeing him for years and am frustrated by his arrogance. He will lie to my face about issues he doesn't know about, instead of admitting he doesn't know. Very stubborn if a patient has their own ideas and will not listen to them if it's not his idea. He has to be right all the time. It's unfortunate that there are no new doctors accepting patients in our town. Receptionist is very rude also.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

He is so courteous, professional, very thorough. Always listens and explains things. He is the BEST!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Always knowledgeable and willing to send you on if he feels you need specialist

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016