Ratings for Dr. Andries Van Heerden

I've been seeing him for years and am frustrated by his arrogance. He will lie to my face about issues he doesn't know about, instead of admitting he doesn't know. Very stubborn if a patient has their own ideas and will not listen to them if it's not his idea. He has to be right all the time. It's unfortunate that there are no new doctors accepting patients in our town. Receptionist is very rude also.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2016

He is so courteous, professional, very thorough. Always listens and explains things. He is the BEST!!!

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

Always knowledgeable and willing to send you on if he feels you need specialist

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

My husband and I have had a very rewarding experience with Dr. vanHeerden's care since we moved to this area. We couldn't have found a more caring person

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Had a bad experience with this Doctor. Needs to be more thorough in reading reports from other doctors. Very quick to diagnose and write a prescription. A bit of a pill pusher.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Has been my doctor since he arrived in Yorkton, if he doesn't know he sends me for further testing or to specialist. Always polite, friendly and interested in what I have to say. Couldn't ask for a better doc.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

arrogant, for sure does not know his antidepressants, prescribes it to my friend , who asked for a few days of rx for sleep before her exams

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

WTF? Prescribes ELAVIL on my best friend for his severe migraine pains that are unbearable? And then switches it up to Cymbalta? I dont think anti-depressants are the answer. WHat does that have to do with Migraines and brain pain? SSRI's? sorry, but the only answer my best friend gets from doctors for his severe migrain pains are "take more anti-depressants". Thats the only answers he gets: take this anti-depressant for your migraines.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

My family has been seeing this doctor for coming on 10 years now and we have nothing but praise for Van Heerden. He always takes time to listen to your concerns and always gets down to the bottom of things. I went in for issues with sleeping and he discovered my heart has an extra beat from time to time and there is a slight murmur. I am going for all needed tests now. I feel safe in the hands of a doctor with such care and compassion for every person he treats.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

One of the most intelligent, caring doctors I have met. He makes sure that you get the full treatment you need and makes sure you're fully satisfied with the way things turn out. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015