Ratings for Dr. Stefan C. Weiss

Rude and unprofessional. I would not recommend this Doctor to anyone!!!

Submitted October 19, 2015

Just awful. You get the heebee geebies just sitting in the office where the receptionist/money shakedown artist hassles you for your payment before you even sit down in the office. The office itself looks like some kind of creepy, futuristic asylum with bland colors, no TV, and it's so small it's as if everyone is on eggshells just sitting there in this awkward, uncomfortable environment. Then, the doctor, I'm sorry PA, Physician Assistant, not a real doctor, sees you. Apparently, Dr. Weiss is too busy counting his money to actually see patients. So he only does the "surgeries" AKA mole removals. Every time I would go there, I would have precancerous moles, at least according to the office. They never produced a thread of evidence proving it. So, Dr. Weiss would do the mole removals, and to tell you the truth my pet rock has more personality than the Doctor. The place is just a big ripoff factory and I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to go there. For the same price you could see a real doctor instead of a PA, and believe me, Dr. Weiss is no prize once you finally meet him.

Submitted October 11, 2015

Front desk lady at Dr. Weiss told me to pay $40 copay and since we don't have copay & met out of pocket max I said if they want I can call my insurance myself and put them on on speaker phone to confirm I'm COVERED 100%. After they confirmed that I'm covered 100% the doctor glanced at my body for 30 seconds saying I have 5 pre-cancerous spots and he needs to have a biopsy done; it took him 2 minutes to get the samples and he walked out of the door. Nurse applied band aches and said in 10 ten days will notify me if I have cancer and if so will schedule a surgery. WHAT A SURPRISE I got when I took off band aches... All suspicious spots were removed, I have huge holes all over my body and one spot was removed only partly - 50% of it is NOT removed. I honestly felt like I was brutally raped by the doctor. I'm sure he will bill my insurance for good and I will NOT be surprised to hear back from him that I have cancer and they need to schedule a surgery in order to suck out the rest of $ from my insurance. Dr. Stefan Weiss is a TOTAL FRAUD. If you love yourself please STAY AWAY!

Submitted September 5, 2015

Dr. Weiss takes care of my mother and he has always done a great job, both advising her on what needs to be removed and what is normal. I felt that the other dermatologists she saw used to just cut her into pieces taking 8-10 biopsies each visit. I appreciate the judgment used by both him and his PA.

Submitted June 18, 2015

I made an appointment with Dr. Weiss and when I arrived I was examined by a nurse practitioner. When I questioned when the Doctor would come examine me I was told that he would not, that the nurse practitioner would do the job. I felt this was fraud since Dr. Weiss advertisement spouting the educational background he had was the reason I went there. I will not return and advise others the same.

Submitted May 27, 2015

I feel so ripped off! I am filing a grievance with my insurance company. When I called to make an appointment I was told they could see me in a couple days if I wanted to see the PA. I said no because I wanted to see Dr. Weiss because I have a couple things I want removed. I had to wait 3 weeks to get an appointment with the actual doctor. They took my $75 co-pay as soon as I got there, but when I get in the room...I get the PA!!! She tells me that Dr. Weiss only sees you if she determines it is something he needs to look at. The PA said the two growths I want removed from my face are benign and the doctor's policy is to send me to a plastic surgeon for that. So I never even got to see the doctor at all. I was in the office for all of 3 minutes! I am filing a complaint with Avmed. For me... a $75 co-pay and god knows what the insurance will get billed...and I never saw a doctor. I chose the Doctor because of his credentials, NOT the PA's. NOTE: I may not remember the term for the little growth on my face that I wanted removed... but I have had 3 or four removed in the past in a dermatologist office. The only reason I did not go to THAT doctor is because of insurance changes and "networks."

Submitted February 13, 2015

Horrible bedside manner and poor surgical skills combined with arrogant attitude. Left a gaping wound on my leg with suture material extruding out and poor healing after almost 8 weeks. Think twice before you subject yourself

Submitted February 10, 2015

The staff is very rude and unprofessional! Left with a big scar on my arm! They overcharged me! AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Submitted February 9, 2015

I just left the office and what a great team Dr. Weiss has in place. I saw him and his PA and found it to be one of the best dermatology experiences I have ever had. My wife and I are thrilled.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2014

Very bad experience with the staff here. No one was friendly, no actual Dr. On hand, and rushed out. They attempted to overcharge me. Refused to speak with my insurance rep. And had a bad attitude about refunding me when it was their mistake. AVOID !!!!

Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Stefan C. Weiss's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2001)

UnitedHealthcare