Ratings for Dr. Barry J. Weckesser

I would NEVER recommend Dr. Weckesser! He ordered a serious procedure, an arteriogram of the kidneys, which after the procedure Dr. Weckesser’s staff discovered this procedure was meant for ANOTHER patient whose report was filed in my medical records. When he found out, he stated it had happened before and apologized by not charging for the office visit. Also, the other patient had not been informed of the needed procedure. Medicare and secondary paid twice! His staff does most of the care with him dropping in for 5 minutes. He does not stay in the room during stress tests. There are also other issues with this doctor including several diagnoses in my medical records that are NOT factual! Dr. Weckesser should NOT be allowed to practice medicine.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

This doctor saved my life and is now the Cardiologist for my family. His staff is excellent, can't say enough good things about my experiences with him. I highly recommend him and his office!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2013

Dr. Weckesser is a very nice man who treated my mother for 5 years but never diagnosed her properly. After the first visit, he never spent much time in office with her and we eventually started another cardiologist successfully.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

This Doctor was awesome.. He saved my fathers life. He was able to do testing inthe office and send him for a cath that saved his life.. THANK YOU DR WECKESSER!!!

flag | Submitted March 17, 2007

Told my Mom nothing was wrong with her, she was just overweight. When in fact she had asthma,chronic bronchitis,and high blood pressure which ,thanks to Dr. Weckesser,went untreated for 3 years. She now has an enlarged heart and decreased lung capacity and chronic cough,problems that could have been dealt with if Dr.Weckesser did his job. Today,1/29/07, a real doctor looked at her past records and discovered all the test results that Dr. weckesser had in his hands when he told my Mom nothing was wrong and that it was all in her head.All the test results that should have been treated back then. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EVERYONE AVOIDS THIS DOCTOR AT ALL COSTS.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2007

Dr. Barry J. Weckesser's Credentials

• Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Gainesville Fl 32610 (Grad. 1967)

Top Hospitals in Venice, FL