Ratings for Dr. P. HAINES Ely

flag | Submitted June 19, 2014

Not thorough Did not check body for melanoma Told us to check our own Lumph nodes!!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2012

The best dermatologist I've ever had. He is extremely knowledgeable. He knows exactly what's wrong every time I go to him. He gives me medications that work the first time and doesn't waste my time. I have been his patient for over ten years.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

New to the area. I have been searching for a derm. for about 6 months. I have had two spots on my face that have been bothering me for serveral months. This place was a HORRIBLE experience.. I wish I would have read others reviews before I set my appointment. Everyone is correct the staff is rude, and just plain NOT PROFESSIONAL!! Dr. Ely walked in for 3 minutes.. Looked at my face and took my word for it that the two places on my face were sun damage, he took his freezing device and began freezing. He did the two spots and then decided for some reason to freeze my birthmark.. It is a small strawberry that I have had for 35 years.. I am so dissappointed. I feel violated..ripped off and I would never go back nor work I recommend you even giving it a shot... Save your money and your health..

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

My wife, child and I have been going to Dr. Ely for at least 20 years. He has always done well in diagnosing the various things we have seen him for and his treatments have always been effective. Granted his office staff could do a little better in customer service, but I don't consider them to be terrible. I've never had a problem with them. And, so far as Dr Ely, he's a little different, but I actually enjoy his type of personality and it does show his confidence. If you want to be treated with kid gloves and you want to spend a lot of time talking to staff and the doctor then you should see another Derm. However, if you want to get the facts, be treated and get on with your day then Dr Ely is your guy.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

I had a serious, and rare pregnancy complication that had manifestations on the skin. This guy had no clue what he was doing and prescribed a steroid that I found out later could have killed my unborn baby. He tried to blow off my appointment by claiming there was a painter at his house waiting to be paid - and it was more important to go take care of that than honor his schedule (we had just driven two hours to get there!). He and his staff were rude, flippant and condescending - which can only be an attempt to cover their incompentence. He cared more about getting a picture of my malady for his blog than actually trying to treat it. Fortunately, we found a PA in Chico, Ca that was able to make the correct diagnosis and issue the correct prescription in time to save me and my child. Please do not trust this hack with anything - not even a pimple!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2010

When I was in college, I visited Dr. Ely because skin cancer runs in my family. After waiting for almost an hour, he glanced at me for 10 seconds and told me to come back in 10 years. I couldn't believe it. Since then, I have had three cancerous moles removed (within 10 years of that horrid appointment). His staff was not helpful, either. They derided me for not knowing my insurance information and made me pay out of pocket ($50 was a lot to me at the time), when in fact they had the information in their files (they refused to look while I was there!). Yes, this was over 10 years ago, but I still can remember this awful experience very clearly.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Dr. Ely and his staff are rude. DR. Ely made me fell as though I was taking up his time. He removed some cancer off my shoulder and then told my he never had to see me again, will here it is less than one year later and I'm having more taken off because Dr. Ely did not get it all.This is being done by a different doctor. When I went to Dr. Ely for my 3 month check-up and showed him the redness at the spot he had removed the cancer he told me it was a bug bite, it was not it was the cancer. That is when he said he never had to see me again, he said it was all gone that he had gotten it all.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

Dr. Ely does have poor bead side manner, however if you can get past this, he is very good at what he does and very helpful if you just ask questions. He knows almost every skin condition he see. I would not trust just any derm. however I have grown to trust his opinion very much.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2009

I went to see Dr. Ely and found his manner to be abrupt and perfunctory. His staff was rude and not helpful with billing issues. Dr. Ely seemed disinterested in discussing patient concerns. I think it's time for this doctor to retire.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. P. HAINES Ely's Credentials

• Univ Of Southern Ca Sch Of Med, Los Angeles Ca 90033 (Grad. 1971)

• Alberta Blue Cross