Ratings for Dr. Charles L. Callaghan

The quick summary - seems like a fine doctor, but awful staff (and is unwilling to listen to and address concerns about his staff). Dr. Callaghan was fine to deal with in my first visit and I planned to come back but I couldn't recommend dealing with him. His staff threatened to stop refilling my prescription until I set up an annual physical, and then actually failed to set up the appointment when I told them I would come in. It took eight attempts over a two week period to reach Dr. Callaghan to discuss the issue. Overall, Dr. Callaghan seemed to be a sharp and professional doctor - but his staff are unprofessional, disorganized, and borderline bullies, and he was unwilling to address this when I raised it. Patients would be wise to look elsewhere for a physician.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I thought that Dr. Callaghan has also been on top of his game and has been very proactive with me.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2011

Excellent and thorough physician who takes time to understand and is very helpful, often going the extra mile. Even when he's super busy he takes the time to do a complete and exacting physical exam, and he respects the knowledge of medicine this patient has in an allied health care profession. I only wish I wasn't 600 miles away or I'd be in his office whenever I had a medical need. Top notch, hard working doc!

flag | Submitted April 3, 2009

I'm leaving this doctor because he wrote a vague prescription and would not take responsibility for it when it was filled incorrectly. I was treated very poorly by his nurse, who always passed the buck and didn't return my phone calls. Very disappointing and downright maddening........

flag | Submitted January 29, 2007

Dr. Charles L. Callaghan's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)