Ratings for Dr. Joseph A. Hud

Avoid this place! The check up went OK. The continuing nightmare began with their repeated failure to properly code the visit with my insurance (Cygna). Cygna says they will pay 100% of the check up, however the doctor's office coded it wrong, so they have to resubmit. I conveyed the info to the doctor, and they promised to correct. When I got another statement from Cygna, the amount owing was the same. I called them and was informed the doctor resubmitted with the exact same (wrong) code. Over the next few months, I wrote the doctor's office twice, and never received a reply. The second time I offered to settle with them for a lesser amount I so I can be done with it. They accepted and cashed my check, and then placed the balance for collection -- which I am still fighting. Others have told me that some unscrupulous doctors intentionally miscode claims so they get more insurance money, and don't care if costs their patient's share of the cost ends up being a lot more too. I suspect this may be the case for this doctor too. Avoid this place at all costs!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

Dr. Hud is very thorough when checking for skin cancer and I find him to be a very good dr.and would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Hud for at least 10 years and he is one of the best doctors I have ever had. He is caring, thoughtful, communicates well as well as being very friendly. He has been available whenever I needed him as well as emergencies.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

I was experiencing hair loss, and he asked if he could bring in an intern to show him what was going on. When the new doctor came to observe, Hud grabbed a chunk of my hair at the roots and literally tore it out. Seeing me wincing in pain, he arrogantly stated he wouldn't do it again; as if I would have allowed it. Shortly before my follow-up visit, his office called to reschedule. This was inconvenient, as I'd had to rearrange my own schedule, but perhaps he'd had an emergency, so another appointment was made. Prior to the following scheduled visit, they called yet *again* to reschedule. At this final red flag, I declined. In my experience as a nurse, docs who behave this erratically are dealing with psychological and/or substance abuse issues. I don't know or care if this is the case here, but his disregard to inconveniencing the patient, callousness and incompetence are reasons enough to avoid him. I then saw another dermatologist who correctly diagnosed my condition.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

He was extremely arrogant and unfriendly. I think he has never smiled a day in his life. I had a skin issue from being in contact with some foster puppies from the shelter that I contracted from them, and he said it looked more like just dry skin and to put some lotion on it and left the room. I went and saw a different doc who tested my skin and turned out I had a staff infection. He is the worst!!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Terrible doctor! Avoid him at all costs! He can't treat skin and he is a rotten human being. If you don't believe me, ask all of his teenage patients! He's crude and arrogant and thinks he's all that but really he has no clue what he's doing. He was also very insulting and he really hurt my feelings. I have never had a bad experience going to a doctor until I went to Dr. Hud. He's a stinker!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2010

Been going to Dr. Hud for over seven years. I have problems with skin cancerous cells. Dr. Hud is very thourough in his examinations.His front office that makes the appointments, however, can use a major overhaul. He is part of about a six or seven Dr. office so can be hectic

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

Dr Hud is very knowledgeable and friendly. He thoroughly explained what was happening with a problematic mole my primary care physician removed which reoccurred, even drawing a diagram. After treatment no follow up problems.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2009

Dr. Hud is the most materialistic, immature and arrogant doctor on the face of the Earth!!! I made an appointment to visit him on account of my moderate acne and a few beauty marks I had questions about. When he came into the examination room, I instantly noticed that he had a very arrogant quality about him. He examined my skin and told me that my acne was horrendous, all the while making faces and twisted facial expressions. When looking over some of my moles, he cringed and stated verbatim "Wow...you have a lot of moles!" What kind of Doctor makes such degrading comments about a patient that visits them for help? He has no room to talk...he is bald and fugly! I'm a runway model, so my skin is a very important to maintain for my career. Everyone experiences skin problems at a point in their lives, and Dr. Hud is no outlet for succour or relief. I hope everyone out there who reads this will avoid Dr. Hud and save themselves pain and anguish. Dr. Hud is nothing but a heartless creep!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2009

Dr. Joseph A. Hud's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)