Ratings for Dr. Cynthia A. Knutson

Dr. Knutson, after 1 visit, told me that I was "fixating" on my medical concerns and that I should see a psychologist. I am not kidding. As someone who works in emergency medicine and understands the importance of bedside manner, this was the most unbelievable response I have ever heard. Never have I felt so insulted by a medical professional. I wish I had read more reviews before seeing her. Terrible, terrible experience. See someone else.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Had a sad and disappointing experience here with Dr. Knutson with an Accutane treatment for my moderate/mild acne. She was very uninvolved, really did not listen to my concerns, and always needed my reminding of what month we were on in my treatment. She assured me that Accutane would work, and it might have if she had listened to my concerns and observant, but I felt she didn't pay enough attention to know that my treatment needed MORE attention. I truly feel it would have been successful had she taken my request and concerns into account, but instead she didn't treat me with a full course(6 months)and my acne returned less than 6 months after my last dose. Now without health insurance anymore, I cant afford the treatment to finish what we started and SHOULD have worked. I'm stuck until I have insurance again, to fix the problem she didn't.If she had only listened to my concerns, it would have been successful the first time around.It was a very disappointing experience overall :(

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

Dr. Knutson seems to rush her patients through and does not always listen to their concerns. She did not explain the possible outcomes of the treatment and the precautions the patient should take for follow-up.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2011

I have had chronic problems with warts for years and was being treated for them with the ice-spray stuff. I tried going to her because there is only one dermatology clinic in Flagstaff and there is a two-month wait to get in to see the other doctors. I soon found out why her schedule isn't as full -- she looked at my wart, said it was scar tissue (despite the fact that I had already been diagnosed and was being treated by other doctors at the same office) and refused to treat me. You're better off waiting the extra time for the more knowledgeable doctors at this office.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Truly cares about her patients. Excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Cynthia A. Knutson's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Banner Health