Ratings for Dr. Heidi K. Straughn

I always went to Brookwood, but switched to Dr.Straughn when I became pregnant based on the reviews. I am so glad that I did. She made us feel so welcome. Explained everything very clearly. Its just so easy to reach her office on phone as well. She did see me late once, but that was because she had a delivery come up. She was very sweet and told me about it. You cannot go wrong picking her. She is the best!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

She has been my Obgyn for 12 years and is GREAT!!!!! Great bedside manner too will be sticking with this doctor for a very long time!!!! She ROCKS!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2017

Love Dr Straughn!!! Fantastic OBGYN. Wonderful bedside manner and has the personal experience of have children both naturally and csection so she understands both avenues!!

flag | Submitted April 9, 2017

I drive all the way from Montgomery to see Dr. Straughn if that tells you how much I love her and her staff. She delivered our daughter July 2014. I had an all natural birth and Dr. Straughn was very considerate of my birth preferences. Love her and the nurses I had at Brookwood Labor and Delivery.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2015

LOVE DR. STRAUGHN I HAVE SEEN HER FOR ALMOST 4 YEARS NOW. I AM ON MY 2ND PREGNANCY AND HAVE HAD COMPLICATIONS WITH BOTH. DR. STRAUGHN HAS MADE ME FEEL AT EASE WITH BOTH. ESPECIALLY WITH THIS 2ND SHE TAKES TIME TO MAKE SURE YOUR CARE AND THE BABY'S CARE IS TOP PRIORITY AND NOT TO WORRY. SHE SEEMS TO TAKE TIME TO GET TO KNOW HER PATIENTS AND THEIR CONCERNS. I SAW HER FOR COMPLICATIONS WITH THIS 2ND PREGNANCY AND SHE WAS CONCERNED ABOUT THE AMNIOTIC FLUID SHE CALLED AND GOT ME IN TO SEE THE HIGH RISK OB THAT DAY! SHE CALLED ME THE NEXT DAY HERSELF AFTER GETTING THE RESULTS BACK AND REASSURED ME EVERYTHING WILL BE OK. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER. IVE BEEN TO ST VINCENTS AND SEEN SEVERAL. NOBODY HAS MADE ME FEEL COMFORTABLE AND SATISFIED ABOUT MY HEALTHCARE.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

I will drive almost 3 hours to see this doctor. she is amazing!

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

This was my wife's ob for two pregnancies and one miscarriage ( molar pregnancy) she is the best . Plain and simple she is a steward in what professional , caring physicians should be .

flag | Submitted July 21, 2014

Wonderful doctor! I was recommended to Dr. Straughn by one of my friends that is a nurse that works with her. I am so happy to have found Dr. Straughn. I have had an IUD that was put in several years ago, she eased my mind with issues that I have had questions about, she even ordered an ultrasound to rule out any displacement. No other doctor seemed to be interested in answering my concerns before. I recently had an appendectomy and have a keloid scar from the laparoscopic surgery on my stomach. I have never had a child but Dr. Straughn said that it helps I have that because if I ever have a c-section we could prevent large scars like that by injecting a steroid in the incision. She's so personable and I would recommend anyone to her. She never seems rushed and makes a normally unenjoyable doctor visit into a time that you feel like you're talking to a friend that is genuinely concerned with you and your health.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2013

Dr. Straughn is the best OB/GYN I have ever seen. I used her for my pregnancy and she was so thoughtful and truly concerned about me and my baby. She answered all of my questions as well as my husbands and my mothers when they would go with me to my appointments. I had a high risk pregnancy and she was excellent and the pregnancy ended up being normal because she was very cautious. She is also great when I see her for my yearly appointments. She is very thorough and if there is something that you have worries about even if it isn't gynecology, she will help you to find an answer. I would recommend her to everyone. I even drive almost 2 hours to see her and don't think twice about it.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Great doctor and staff. Dr. Straughn was recommended to me by a nurse that works with her. I had been to several other doctors and was never completely happy or comfortable. Dr. Straughn is very thorough and goes above and beyond! She is awesome! I'll never go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2013

Dr. Heidi K. Straughn's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)