Ratings for Dr. Farah H. Garmany

Called the office after reviewing some of the comments as my child had an upcoming appointment to verify that she was indeed a certified pediatric cardiologist. She is a certified dr. but not a certified cardiologist. When I asked I was told that I needed to discuss this with my pediatrician and they would not tell me if she was a certified cardiologist. I called my pediatrician and cancelled this appointment. I gave a rating of on not on time and knowledge as one as I did not see her but wanted people to know that the staff will not answer any questions you have about the doctor prior to seeing her. It did not take me long to figure out this is not the place for us.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2013

I found Dr. Garmany to be very knowledgeable and thorough. She is patient and has a good bedside manner. Her office staff was nice, as well. The office environment is also very kid-friendly in its decor.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2011

If you have ever had problems with Dr. Garmany and especially with misdiagnosing your child, please go to the below website and file a formal complaint. http://www.wvbom.wv.gov/COMPLAINT%20FORM.pdf

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

This is the worst Dr. I have ever in my life had to deal with. My daughter was dagnosed with an innocent heart murmmer at birth. Her pediatrician sent her to Womens and Childrens Hospital for an echo just to check on the murmmer. Dr. Garmany read the echo and told me that my daughter had ASD, Atrial Septal Defect, and that she would need to have a heart cath within 6 months but she needed to see her every month until then. I refused to settle for that and requested a second opinion in which I was referred to Dr. John Eckard. Dr. Eckard was amazing! He did an echo on my daughter and let me stay in the room with her while he did it. He explained everything to me and even drew me pictures of a good heart, a heart with an innocent murmmer, and a heart with ASD. My daughter had nothing more than a heart with an innocent murmmer. I thank God that I had sense to ask for another opinion. I can't believe that this crasy DR. wanted to give my baby an unnecessary heart cath. GO TO DR. ECKARD!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2011

The office staff was always rude to me. At one point, they billed me more than my EOB said I needed to pay. When I called them about it, they acted like I owed the amount anyway but said they would check. It took weeks to resolve the issue and they got irritated at me when I called to inquire about it. In addition, every time we went, they tried to break the appt. into two seperate dates so they could bill more and I had to pay two $20 deductibles. After nearly two years of dealing with her and her rude office staff, we found out that she had mis-diagnosed our son. I would not recommend her. Find someone else.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2011

Dr. Garmany is very rude. She wants us to drive an hour so she can listen to my daugthers heartbeat then tell us she cant do an echo that same day. So she wants a low income to have to drive an hour each way to come back in a week or so. I called the office prior to our visit and said Dr. Garmany would beable to do the echo the same day. Well when we got there she told us no she couldnt and wouldnt. She is very unprofessional and rude yelling at us. Will not be returning this office ever.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2011

She read my son echo as abnormal and requested to see him. At her office she done another echo and said she couldn't see anything that she needed to so she sent us to Morgantown. At morgantown they said they could find nothing wrong with him thank god just to keep appt with Dr. Garmany. I cancelled the appt. after finding out she is not board certified in cardiology. She completed a fellowship but could never passs her boards. Her staff has been rude since day one and when I told them I would not be back Elaine got extra rude. I have never seen a office run like this before. I have worked for doctors for several years and I know that if anyone would treat pt. this way they would be fired. Dr. Garamany just wants people to keep coming back so she can get more money. They expect a percentage paid at each visit and will not accept credit cards. My advice would be stay away from her practice. If needed we will see Dr. Eckered.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Dr.Garmany was the cardiologist called to the hospital when my son was found to have a heart murmur. She spent about 2 minutes telling us that it would probably go away on its own and to schedule an appt. with her in one month.She was in such a hurry to get out of there she never even took her coat off or her purse off her shoulder,let alone ask us if we had any questions! I have since spent hours on the phone with her billing dept. because they don't correctly know how to read an explanation of benefits and will not give time for an insurance check to be sent to them. They sent me a second bill, for the same claim, only 10 days after sending the first one!Elaine, from billing, unfortunately knows nothing about billing or insurance and this has resulted in a lot of stress and time being spent on my part. Furthermore, when trying to ask a question,I was hung up on. Elaine should be fired and Dr. Garmany needs some lessons in bedside manner!Please ask for another Dr. if referred here.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2010

very rude staff, will not provide copies of actual records, instead they give you dictations. they asked us why we wanted copies, we told them we wanted a second opinion, she was very offended. they now refuse to give us copies of the original records, and claim to have a broken vhs machine which prevents them from giving us copies of the doppler. they do not like parents that ask questions and show concern for their children. this office has no compassion whatsoever. when we told her we wanted all his cardiologist to have every bit if information possible, she told us "they can get their own information."

flag | Submitted March 16, 2010

Absolutely horrible,all she wanted to do was order tests not needed and run up the bill, which her office wants you to pay in full before they bill the insurance, I'm so glad we took our son somewhere else and had another opinion, Take your child elsewhere, this office is horrible, I am a person who pays my bills, the person in their office is very sarcastic and demeaning. Know your rights and make sure they bill the insurance first.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2009

Dr. Farah H. Garmany's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Charleston, WV