Ratings for Dr. Andrea D. Olanescu

After waiting 2 hours and half i asked to see Dr Olanescu personal not her assistant regarding my test result and I had an appointment that day her manager LILLIAN assaulted me verbally and humiliated me front of everybody's she told front desk to call 911 for me can you believe this happened in GYN office just because I asked to see my Dr it was very baaad experience. This manager LILLIAN is big racism and treating patients without respect and dignity. Please do a big favor and find a proper place that treat patient without ethics background. If this is zero star I'll post it.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

As a practicing medical professional myself, I had never encountered such poor customer services from another private practice before. I previously read about the bad reviews about the clinic prior to making a visit, but I limited options as it was the only clinic that was available at the time during my scheduled day off. I went in for a gynecologic exam, bloodwork, and ultrasound. I was told that the results of my bloodwork and ultrasound will be available through their patient online health portal. One month later, I have neither received a call from the clinic about my results and nor have I seen any lab report posted on the patient access health portal. I called the clinic to find out about the delay and they stated that it takes time for the report to be updated on the patient health portal and that I will be able to get my lab report if I showed up in person. Thus, I made time out of my work schedule to go in. I even I called twice to confirm with the receptionist that I will be coming in to pick up my report right before I left work. When I arrived at the physician’s office, the receptionist denied me access to my own medical record and lab report, stating that I must sign a release with the on-site physician before I can receive my lab report. Furthermore, their on-site physicians were too busy to sign the release even though I called earlier to confirm that it will not be an issue. The receptionist sat idle and did not at any time attempt to contact the on-site physician, thus denying me of seeing a physician. At the time, the clinic was not busy and there were only two patients in the waiting area. As a practicing medical professional myself, I can confidently say that this is a HIPAA violation and a violation to statute 15 of the New York State Patient’s Bill of Rights because I was denied access to my own medical record. This is illegal. Prospective patients be warned. You can certainty get better medical care somewhere else.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2016

I met her once, only in my first visit. No breast exam. I'm pregnant and in every visit I only saw the ultrasound technician. The staff is very unprofessional and the waiting time is an eternity more than 2 hours in every visit.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2014

Just got home:1st visit, 3hrs. Met the gyn which lasted 25secs, no breast exam. Says, go in the next room for sonogram. Less than 5 mins and was told to go back to wait for another test so go pee but don't void completely. Ok, what other test lady "a test to see you pee"-wtf, ok-"they're going to watch me pee?" "yes,just wait"-10 mins later-"follow me" I ask the new tech, "what are you doing exactly"-"they asked me to check your bladder I guess"- "you guess??? Hold on,nobody is explaining anything here-is that a catheter???" "yes,I don't know why they requested the test" "well find out cause I'm not doing that, are you crazy, why is nobody communicating anything"-she left to go confirm "ok, you don't have to do it if you don't want"-what type of unprofessional crap did I just experience??? After 3hrs, I don't know when I get my results. Doc should've come in to explain to me why the heck was I about to have a catheter shoved in my urethra!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

I LIKE HER AND I DON'T THINK SHE IS NASTY, SOME PEOPLE JUST HAVE A BAD ATTITUDE AND THAT IS WHY SHE GETS FRUSTRATED FROM ALL THE STRESS THAT IS ALL A DOCTOR NEEDS. JUST LIKE TEACHERS, STUDENTS GIVE STRESS AND WHEN THEY YELL THEY ARE NOT GOOD. AS LONG AS THEY DON'T OVER DO IT OF COURSE SHE IS GENTLE AND SWEET. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM. THE WAIT IS AVERAGE LIKE ALL OFFICES, I'LL ASK HER IF SHE HAS AN APPOINTMENT SO I CAN GO ON A DAY NOT SO BUSY. WE LL SEE

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

I waited 3 hrs to see this dr, crowded waiting room, everyone complaining and rude staff!!! She rushed thru the exam and spent only 15 min with me (the exam was incomplete by the way) !! I will never go back there , awful experience. They should not practice medicine.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2011

worst medical office i've ever been to. First time there and regret it badly. All the comments are true, these people do not value your time. I had a 1pm appointment scheduled and waited until 3:30pm to be seen in a CLINIC!! Its disgusting, they think you have no life and no responsibilities, that you can be there waiting forever while they chit-chat and snack. What a turn-off for a first-time patient. The workers/assistants are so unprofessional and careless. After i was in i saw one doctor, then was sent to another room to be seen by a technician for a sonogram and she never came i waited 40 minutes half naked in a room, until finally i came out and insisted in being seen.Its ridiculous,i really expected better. There are many other gynecologists out there who value their patients wellbeing that its disgusting to even go here. I do not recommend anyone going to this doctor, you'll be better off going somewhere else, seriously you'll just end up frustrated and in a very bad mood.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2009

Unprofessional office. Horrible RUDE staff...I was 9 weeks pregnat and the fetus only measured 6wks, the NURSE had no idea what was going on, she did not even mention there could be something wrong! I went back 3 wks later, and still no heart beat, i needed a D/C right away. The Dr only sees you for 5 min tops, everything else is done by nurses, assistants who lack knowledge! They CHARGED my insurance for services they did not perform. Crowded wait room...waited 2.5 hrs!!! every single time I went there...took a bunch of tests NEVER explained my results, shes a poor excuse for a dr. she dosent care about you or your health, she only cares about making more and more money!!! dont go her!! do your research there are better Dr's in Astoria!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

I needed surgery for cyst removal, this was the reason for my visit. I was told to undress from the waist down, from the moment she'd entered the room she was talking up a storm and I didn't even realize what she was doing. I didn't expect to have a pap smear taken as I'm due for one next month with my regular doctor. She hardly let me get a word in edge wise, it was like a tornado came and entered the room and left just as quickly. Two of the staff members were helpful. One was entirely unprofessional, this was the one who was supposed to discuss surgery with me. She had nothing to say about the surgery except "Do you want this? Well you should go home and talk to your family about it." ? She was so unprofessional and soon became nasty. I had to prevent an argument.?! Upon leaving I'd learned I must come back to get my "pap smear" results (usually notified by phone or postcard,) basically a hustle to book another appointment. I left feeling disgusted and afraid to trust this place.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

The wait time was almost unbearable and unapologetic. 2 and a half hours delay from original time of appointment. Makes me not want to be bothered getting the results which will probably be a further 2 hour wait.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2009

Dr. Andrea D. Olanescu's Credentials

• Inst De Med Si Farm, Carol Davila, Bucharest, Romania (Grad. 1992)