Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Hegewald

He minimized my symptoms. Only checked my heart rate (pulse at the wrist) and sent me on my way. I had another heart attack and went to a different dr! Would not recommend to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2009

After two+ years care under Dr. Hegewald, sought a second opinion and never went back. Dr. Hegewald is unapproachable and apathetic; acted disinterested in treating me and my chest pains actually worsened under his care. Dr. Hegewald never tried to get to the root of my cardiac problems. My husband attended my annual 2007 check-up with Dr. Hegewald and said the doctor was "dismissive" of my heart concerns; it was obvious Dr. Hegewald had not reviewed my chart prior to entering the exam room. Exam lasted 5 minutes, consisted of checking my heart rate only. New doctor treats me as a "whole person", took about 45 minutes to figure out cause of my sinus tachycardia, doubled my Toprol dosage, found a 50% blocked carotid artery, and has me feeling the best I have in more than three years. Never would I refer anyone to Dr. Hegewald.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2008

Dr. Michael D. Hegewald's Credentials

• Univ Of Wa Sch Of Med, Seattle Wa 98195 (Grad. 1984)

AHC