Ratings for Dr. Mark E. Johns

I would never go back to this again all they care is your insurance and get another copayment. When I call for a stat it took 5 days and took 2 weeks to take test

flag | Submitted October 18, 2014

Dr. Johns and his staff are seriously the most responsive and caring medical team I've ever been to! I think Dr. Johns is not only kind and patient, but funny and personable too. I can't understand some of the reviews on here. Are they SURE they met Dr. Johns? He was my Mom's cardiologist and now he is mine...wouldn't trust my heart to anybody else!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

He was very nice and compassionate and never gave up on my mother. I would recommend him to all of my family and friends.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

Horrible bedside manner. He asked my mother "just how long do you need to live?". I have never been so shocked and repulsed by a physician. I would not recommend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

We were very dissatisfied with the service we received from this doctor. His bedside manner was flippant and he was not responsive to our continuous pleas for help when we knew there was still something wrong. He insisted everything was fine and six days later we found ourselves in CCU near death...thank God for another doctor that had much more compassion and knowledge of the illness we were presented with...

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

Dr. Johns was there for my family when my father was very ill. He went above and beyond to make sure he got the best care available. He is a busy guy, but I can see why. He is an excellent cardiologist and I would recommend him to anyone. His staff is very friendly and helpful and they are good at returning phone calls. If I ever need a cardiologist, I'll drive down from D.C. to see this man. He's worth it.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

I am still in shock at the total lack of compassion this man has. I will not choose to use the Chippenham facilities for my medical needs and hope that I do not have to go there when my status is terminal. If you do go at that time you will find yourself in the "street", in panic mode and having to address issues that no one should have to think about at this time. I feel nothing but total disgust for this physician.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2010

Dr.Johns put me at ease from the start. He is quick to have an answer and doesn't pull punches. While in the hospital, under his care, the nurse staff spoke very highly of him. I found Dr. Johns to be quite knowledgeable in his field and willing to take the time to answer all my questions. Dr. Johns does not sit around and shoot the breeze. So, when he visits, usually very early in the AM, have your questions ready and he will answer you. There will be no down time during visits. No grass grows under his feet.He is not "matter of fact" in his bedside manner. He is caring, knowledgeable and accurate.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2008

Very smart man...very knowledgable. For some, he may have a poor beside manner. He is very fast, both in speech and visit. Personally, do not feel he spends enough time explaining things...can come off as flippant. If you are fast paced and willing to look up info he gives you on line, instead of him explaining it to you, then you should be okay. He is pleasant and very laid back, which I like.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2008

Dr. Mark E. Johns's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1987)