Ratings for Dr. Adriana M. Spellman

Terrible bedside manner.Was very rough during pap smear and I bled for a day after.She explained there may be spotting but at 51yrs of age,I have never spotted after a exam.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I have to say I have not had a good experience with OB- Gyne Associates of of Libertyville. I am pregnant with my first child and I feel like a new patient every time I'm in the office even though I have been going back once a week. Nobody seems to remember me. Its like impossible to get an appointment at the place even though have 4 doctors on staff. Not once has any of the doctors ever let me know the progress of pregnancy unless I asked. The doctors are always in a hurry and have no interest in getting to know you. For a first time mom who has no idea what is going on they should be a little more informative. I have never waited less than 30 mins to be see by a doctor on average an appointment takes about an hour. When you call in to the office with a question or concern you can never talk to someone right away you are always put on hold. OR even told the will call you back, they never call back. I will not be going back to this place once I complete my care for this pregnancy.

Submitted April 21, 2015

Dr Spellman is not my usual Dr at this practice, but I did end up seeing her for a problem I was having. She was great- extremely knowledgeable and seemed very interested in getting to the root of my problem. I had read some negative things online and didn't know what to expect, so I was pleasantly surprised to experience the opposite at my visit.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

-- The standard phone greeting at this practice is "OB-Gyne Associates, please hold..." with a wait time between 5-30 minutes! -- Follow-up calls for lab results are non existent. I've had to call them each and every time after patiently waiting for their call that never came. -- In office delays are a given. Over the last 15+years that I've been going to this practice I've probably been seen on time just a handful of times. Not to mention how many times I've arrived early, or worse yet, been half dressed in the exam room waiting on the doctor only to find out that the doctor has been called away for an "emergency" delivery. -- These doctors also frequently push services/procedures on you without really covering all options. -- The proof is in the pudding. Check out a quick internet search on yelp, health grades, etc I've stuck with this practice too long and I wish I'd have left a lot sooner.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

I went to Dr Spellman years ago due to two reasons: terribly painful periods, period spaced 2-3-4 months apart. I was only 18-19 at the time. She did a needle biopsy on breast cyst (came back normal), looking back not sure that was a necessary procedure. She wanted to put me on rheumatoid arthritis meds (I refused) to help my menstrual cramp pain (which was severe). Years later I begged another doctor to test my thyroid levels (family history), I was dx with autoimmune thyroid issue (TSH 37 -- normal is 1-2). Going on meds, my periods became normal (28 days) and pain lessened greatly. If Dr Spellman had just tested my thryoid levels (simple blood test) I could have avoided years of pain.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2014

Wow, I'm shocked at these comments! I've been a patient at this practice for over 9 years and love, love, love all the docs! The staff is ever changing, however, the care has always been great. I do agree, sometimes the wait can be long-but then again, I know I'll be getting the same attention when the doctor sees me. I've recommended this practice to many friends and family members, and they are all very happy with this group :)

flag | Submitted December 31, 2013

I thought she was very knowledgeable and took me seriously and listened. She made me feel comfortable despite this always being an unpleasant exam. The only fault I see is with the wait time, but she addressed all of my concerns and I did not feel rushed.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2013

Horrible bedside manners! Do not recommend this Dr. to anyone. I love my new Dr.Chan. Spellman should learn some bedside manners from her.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2013

I stopped going to this office after a few years because I found some of the nurses to be very unfriendly and condescending. I had developed a couple of problems that required surgery, and whenever I called to speak to the doctor (twice), (Spellman) I was always directed to the robotic gate-keeper that one must speak to before one can speak to a doctor. I had two abnormal tests and was not notified about them until two weeks after. Dr. Spellman is aloof and blocks her number on the rare occasion that she does call.She is an intelligent doctor, but doesn't seem really interested in her job. I have found another practice.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

I have never cried after leaving an appointment before. Dr. S strong-armed me into an Rx I was not comfortable with. She was condescending and rolled her eyes when I expressed my concerns. She did not explain why she would not perscribe the same Rx that another doctor in her office had given me. I felt very disrespected and hurt and will never go back. Ladies, please keep looking for someone else. You deserve respect!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2011

Dr. Adriana M. Spellman's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Delta Dental