Ratings for Dr. Chun Hwang

He is very efficient and not a chit chatter. He took care of my mother after another cardiologist tried to put in a pacemaker and the wire and punctured the artery wall. He is well organized and always answered all of my questions but I had my questions written down and I let him know that I had questions right away. He always answered them very efficiently. I liked that. If you are a warm and fuzzy person and need all the extra personal interaction to make you feel secure with your doctor you may not like him. It was more important to me that he was good at what he does. He is one of the best in his field. I wish we had gone to him first.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

Had my ablation 1/23/2014. Woke up back in my room and wasn't sure they had done anything. Absolutely no pain or discomfort and had 4 catheters in my groin and 1 in my neck. Incredible team and Dr. Hwang is simply one of if not, the best electrophysiologists in the business.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

This doctor saved my life with a cardiac ablasion in 2007. He is the reason I'm alive. Dr Hwang is in the top 3 in the world for this procedure and may others he does. Not only does he do these procedures, he spends countless hours teaching other cardiologists how to do them in his spare time. I love this man of endless energy and ability. Dr Hwang is #1

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

Seemed knowledgable, but very aloof. Not responsive to questions. Didn't return for treatment, because I didn't trust that him.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2012

He's one of the top Dr.s in his field, but he didn't listen to me and didn't answer my questions. I know others who had better experiences, so maybe he's not always like this? Bring a tape recorder, he doesn't wait for you to take notes.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2011

Dr. Chun Hwang's Credentials

• Fund Univ De Brasilia, Fac De Cien, Brasilia-Df, Brazil (Grad. 1982)

• BCBS Illinois