You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Peter Gutmanis

I was pleased to get to see Dr. Gutmanis around 3 weeks after my GP referred me. Their office called me and set up an appointment. The receptionist I dealt with was nice. I really appreciated everything Dr. Gutmanis had to say to me. He really listened to my concerns and took the time to explain things to me. I can see how his no-nonsense style would be perceived as arrogance - I prefer things not sugar coated... I came for medical service, I got it. He was very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

The worst health care experience I've ever had.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr Gutmanis is a pompous and arrogant person. He ridiculed me for never having worked due to a car accident when I was a child that left me with chronic pain. I was left in tears! I tried to work and got tendonitis so badly my toes were curled upwards and I couldn't stand. I had numbness down both legs and arms. He did a CT scan that my family Dr. requested. He only did my lower spine. When I asked him what could be causing all of the pain if he didn't see anything on the scan, "He replied, " Well maybe you have degenerative spinal disease." Then he said, "Well we're done here."

flag | Submitted December 21, 2015

Three years ago dr G did arthroscopy to my left knee and since that I have been handicapped person. Before this procedure I was normal physically active working person. Right now I can't do my job anymore, a cant be physically active, my life is over at 55 and I feel like crying all the time. I wish I would have never met this doctor. Why Doctor like him is even allowed to see patients, and perform surgeries. He should have been fired long time ago.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

When I was 15, I broke my arm badly and had to have it set and casted from my shoulder down. When the cast came off, my arm had a massive curve to it......Gutmanis grabbed my arm, shook it and said "what do you want me to do with it, its a calcium build up it will go away with time. After a week of my parents arguing over who was right, my mom or the doctor and went and saw my GP. I showed him my arm and without saying anything and his face reddening he left the room, came back 5 minutes later and said you're scheduled for surgery in Campbell river on tuesday to have this fixed. He was beyond pissed, Ive never seen a doctor so wholly upset before. Gutmanis was the most arrogant prick I've ever met, my arm had to be rebroken and now i have two 7'' plates and 14 screws in it.....thats alot of hardware for a calcium build up. My arm will never be the same, it is mildly deformed and hurts like crazy out of seemingly nowhere periodically. Had the mistake been admitted and the whole thing rectified right there, I would have accepted it , everyone makes mistakes and I have no idea whether or not it was set incorrectly by the doc or if it was something I did. However, the rude arrogant attitude he gave me when I was already scared as heck, brought me to tears. Now I'm a grown man and I often fight back to urge to smash that piece of sh** when I drive past that hospital. Never again.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Dr. Gutmanis performed surgery on my husband for knee replacement and myself for heel spurs. We couldn't have been in better surgical hands. He has a good sence of humor even in the operating room. I hope to have my second heel done by Dr. Gutmanis in the near future. He will be a gret loss when he retires.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

Dr. Gutmanis is the most rude and incredibly arrogant doctor I have ever met, hands down. He removed bunions in both my feet and I have had pain and trouble walking ever since. When I complained to him he was not helpful and brushed me off, like I was beneath him. I could never recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2015

Never even got in to see him! Called his office after my doctor put in a referral and not only was the office staff extremely rude, she said there is a one year waiting list AND he is not taking any new patients. They didn't even inform my doctor! No new patients? Isn't he a surgeon? That means he keeps operating on the same people? And he has changed his phone number! Good luck all. Not me!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

I'll admit I was concerned with having Dr Gutmanis as my sons orthopedist after reading all these posts. But we are happy with his service and feel a lot of these posts are very undeserving. We have had no problems with this doctor. He has been very thorough and good at explaining my sons broken leg and recovery. Excellent wit and sense of humour. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

Dr. Gutmanis left my heel in a mess, I had minor surgery to remove Lipoma on my heel and it did not heal properly... also his receptionist screwed up everything, kept changing my appointments and not telling me....giving me times and phoning back and telling me she gave me the wrong time....never again....

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. Peter Gutmanis's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. " I was pleased to get to see Dr. Gutmanis around 3 weeks after my GP referred me. Their office called me and set up an appointment. The receptionist I dealt wit..."

February 6, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "The worst health care experience I've ever had. "

January 7, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Gutmanis is a pompous and arrogant person. He ridiculed me for never having worked due to a car accident when I was a child that left me with chronic pain. I..."

December 21, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Three years ago dr G did arthroscopy to my left knee and since that I have been handicapped person. Before this procedure I was normal physically active wo..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "When I was 15, I broke my arm badly and had to have it set and casted from my shoulder down. When the cast came off, my arm had a massive curve to it......Gutma..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gutmanis performed surgery on my husband for knee replacement and myself for heel spurs. We couldn't have been in better surgical hands. He has a good sen..."

July 29, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gutmanis is the most rude and incredibly arrogant doctor I have ever met, hands down. He removed bunions in both my feet and I have had pain and trouble wa..."

June 29, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Never even got in to see him! Called his office after my doctor put in a referral and not only was the office staff extremely rude, she said there is a one year..."

June 22, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "V9R1" to "V9S 2B5". Address has been updated from "None" to "1125 Dufferin Crescent". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12507141983".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I'll admit I was concerned with having Dr Gutmanis as my sons orthopedist after reading all these posts. But we are happy with his service and feel a lot of th..."

April 30, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Gutmanis left my heel in a mess, I had minor surgery to remove Lipoma on my heel and it did not heal properly... also his receptionist screwed up everything..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "First time seeing him and I walked out as he was rude and not willing to listen to me and very poor manners...will not recomand him to anyone..."

November 27, 2014