Ratings for Dr. Peter Bell

Staff is awful Dr. Bell is a complete imbicile. Doesn't care about anyone else but himself. refuses to fill out paperwork. won't refer to a specialist. Pretty pathetic

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

Staff is completely rude and do not take confidentially seriously. The only Dr is Dr Bell, who you can never see... instead you are pushed to a nurse practitioner who is impossible to work with. I have been waiting g for four months for paper work that still hasn't been filled out and once lost. A referral to a specialist that was supposed to have been made 6 months ago which I have found out was never sent. I am looking for a new family Dr, this medical center is only able to push drugs and not give care... and hugely lacking on ethics!!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I'm waiting for a sinus scan. Almost a month no word from anyone. My mother waited and got shuffled and misdiagnosed due to lack of attention and follow up. I'm only here because my other doctor quit😐

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Dr Bell has been my doctor for many years. He has done this small town a huge favour by providing a medical centre here for so long but I now feel it is time for him to retire and let a new, younger, faster and more knowledgeable Doctor take over. He is often running more then an hour behind, he never completes forms, referrals or test requests on time. Twice I have been referred out for imaging and I called every day for nearly 2 weeks before he completed the requisition. It seems he just wants to push pain pills (which I will not take). Our community now has a growing pain pill addiction rate and most of the people get the medication right from Dr Bell. I have seen other providers there who I was quite satisfied with. The nurses have all been amazing and most of the support staff, however the front receptionist can be quite rude sometimes. All in all the Family Health Team model is working for our community but I think it is time for Dr Bell to retire and allow someone else to come in.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2015

I have been seeing my doctor for over 20 years. He is very knowledgeable. Even thouf you don't always get to see him when ever you are I need all you have to do is call.. I have on many occasions called and got right in. As a mother of three busy boys, it is nice not y have to go and sit at an emergency dept.. I have had many medical(seroius) that Dr. Bell has got me into specialists right away.. I am here today able to comment because of his degree of care for his patients.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Dr. Bell does take time to listen, and this is a commendable quality. However, he seems to have absolutely no empathy and limited knowledge and I leave his office feeling like he did not believe a word of what I said. He treats each symptom individually and if the symptom doesn't fit precisly within a well-defined category he dismisses it outright or apathetically shrugs and says he doesn't know (to symptoms that seriously impact quality of life!). He will not see a cluster of reoccuring symptoms as part of an underlying disease. I have started bringing in photographs of the visible aspects of my symptoms and have personally gone to dig up my past medical records to prove that I had a past diagnosis of an autoimmune disease consistent with my present symptoms, but even this has not been enough to sway him to do anything but shrug and say he has no idea -- have a nice day. If you are an elderly person in heart failure he would probably be stirred to do something useful to assist your condition, but if you are younger with an autoimmune disease he is a terrible doctor. Invalidating and apathetic are the two words I'd use to describe my experiences with this doctor. After several frustating years I'm going to find another physician.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

takes time to listen. often late because he does not rush you. can speak openly and comfortably. not a lot of eye contact because of his computer. slow.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2012

I do not have Dr. Bell as a patient, but I help people apply for the Disability tax Credit and I had several of his patients contact me to ask Dr. Bell to fill out the form for them. One elderly woman has osteo arthritis and has difficulty walking. Another of his patients, has degenerative disc disease, a child has learning disabilities and ADHD. He told them all they weren't severe enough to qualify. He has an obligation to his patients to fill out 3rd party forms with accurate medical information. He doesn't believe in this tax form, and thinks that the money is coming out of his own pocket so he refuses to fill it out. It's not his choice to decide who qualifies and who doesn't. It's a CRA form and their decision. He is arrogant, no empathy for his patients, and rude. I tried to reason with him on the phone and he hung up in my face. Hopefully he'll retire some day soon.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2011

worst Dr ever, arogant, thoughtless. would NEVER reccomend him

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

very pleasant manner, little inquisitivness. Little recollection of previous condition of patient.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010