After extensive research, I chose Dr. Barr for my breast augmentation based on his experience and the very positive feedback I had read and received after speaking to other clients. From my initial phone call to book a consult up to now, 8 months post-op, I have been so impressed and satisfied with my experience! I was slightly terrified about optional cosmetic surgery but I still can't get over how painless, literally and figuratively, the entire process was. After my 2 children, my A/small B cup breasts had lost all volume and were very droopy. Dr. Barr clearly went over my options and made an implant suggestion based on my desired outcome and body shape. I feel that he took everything "about me" into account and was very honest in what the outcome would be. My pre-op appointment was thorough and I went into surgery knowing exactly what to expect. His staff -in particular Karin, who is an angel- made me feel so informed and comfortable. The facilities are impeccable and comfortable. I woke from the surgery with such minimal discomfort I only took the prescribed pain meds for less than 12 hours and I was back at work 2 days later. Dr. Barr personally called me 1 day post-op and the conversation did not feel rushed "just part of the job". My scarring (under the breasts) is only slightly visible when I lift my breast and I couldn't be happier with my final results! Those who know I had the procedure have said how amazing they look and I have even received compliments from strangers...something I never thought would happen to me. I am still noticing change and they are only getting more natural looking each month (and that is not saying they look unnatural now!) The before and after photos he sent me blew me away and my only critique is that I didn't seek out this procedure earlier. At the end of the day, I would absolutely see Dr. Barr for any further procedures (I have already had a consult for a mini-tummy tuck) and would highly recommend him to my dearest friends -and have! In my opinion, Sudbury is very lucky to have such an experienced doctor and facility.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

2nd surgery...Breast implant after lift as well as Botox on separate occasion. I am very happy. Post-Surgery pain was minimal. Only needed over the counter pain killers as early as 24hrs after surgery. Scars are minimal but the perfectionist in me affirms you need to be prepared and accept some level of scarring. I feel back to my old self. Any future surgery will be done through Dr Barr's office. He is very matter of fact....and guides you toward an aesthetic look that will keep everyone guessing (but think you look great, nonetheless.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2015

Loved Dr. Barr, just had a breast reduction and liposuction today. His staff is amazing, accommodating, and friendly. He is reassuring, comedic, and polite. The staff at health sciences north was also great and made me feel comfortable in the OR. When I paged him for some nearly severe pain he called back within minutes and helped me solve my problem. Now to wait for the healing! Thank you Dr. Barr!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

ok, so im all done, i went into doctor barr all excited to put on sizers, i got in there n he measure me n said look there NO way I'm doing your breast without a lift first, and he (***LISTENED**)) when i spoke as i was saying i want BIG double D in end result, so,, he said that i had to do a lift first let it heal then implant,, i wanted to cry, beg he was very to the point and would NOT budge, well.. i said I'm just doing it BOOKED my tummy tuck , breast lift n my implants later date, i payed everything right there,,, but no sizes were done < he was willing , but like he said once I'm done lift my sizer won't be rite will have to be re done, so,,, lift away n tummy tuck done,, BEAUTIFIL JOB scar super low, and tight my husband was very impressed, dr barr is a exceptional caring doctor, he CALL me at home, to check up, then my final surgery my breast, i go for sizing he has your limit you can do, i can see now for good reason, my implants he placed i could not be happier, he is excellent ! i am so glad i saw this doctor

flag | Submitted November 8, 2015

I'm very surprised to read such positive comments about Dr Barr. My experience was very different. He seemed very competent and knowledgeable at the consultation although arrogant. I accepted the arrogance as confidence, a good characteristic for a surgeon, so I booked appointments for liposuction and breast augmentation. The liposuction that he performed left a very large indentation that is very visible, even while clothed . Dr Barr advised that fat grafting (at my expense for some reason) would be the only way to correct for the excess fat that was removed. I've held off on having this problem fixed as the next situation, I will describe, has taken precedence. After the augmentation the breasts looked like Snoopy in profile with a very high lump on top and very low nipples. I was advised that the implants had been placed high but that they would drop to provide a more natural look once the swelling was gone. Dr Barr had told me that my nipples were a bit low to begin with but that the implants could correct the problem. He also said that a lift may have to be done so I was prepared for that possibility. Dr Barr decided that a Benelli lift should be done to correct the positioning of the areolae and nipples. This involved making an incisions around the circumference of the areolae. He said that the scarring should blend into the colour of the areolae and that within a couple months, if I was changing at the gym no one would notice the scarring. It's been many years since these surgeries and I've had a chronic infection that started the day after I had the stitches removed after the Benelli lift. I now have extremely disfiguring scars, misshapen areolae and the breasts still look like Snoopy. I communicated with Dr Barr's office and attended a couple followup appointments with Dr Barr. He prescribed a number of rounds of antibiotics and told me there was nothing he could do about the scarring and thought the positioning of the implants was good. He became rude and hostile and spoke to me with a very condescending tone as if I was annoying him with my issues. I've since been advised by a general surgeon that the breast will need to be cleaned out to remove the recurring infection. Once this has been successful a subsequent surgery will be required to properly position new implants and correct the positioning and scarring around the areolae. I've held off on further surgeries and have continued to treat the infection by alternating antibiotics. After the last infection, the breast formed a hole in the areola. Puss drains through this hole on an ongoing basis, which although gross, keeps the pain at a minimum and keeps the infection under control. I'm researching to find another plastic surgeon but feel hesitant to accept online ratings. I had read the reviews for Dr Barr and made my decision to choose him as my surgeon because of the positive feedback. I suspect that people feel hesitant, as I did, to leave negative comments. This makes it difficult when trying to choose a new plastic surgeon. I find it difficult to accept that I was the only person with such negative outcomes.

Submitted November 6, 2015

I recently had both liposuction and brachioplasty, on my upper arms, following a 76 lb. weight loss. I found the Barr staff very caring and professional. The clinic was spotless. Every detail of the procedures was explained. Written concise information and instructions and forms were also provided. Staff were very available to answer questions and give helpful support and advice. Dr. Barr did a super job. My surgery went well and I had lots of follow up inquiries from the staff including a phone call from Dr. Barr, himself, when I had returned home. I received all the medical supplies (bandages, compression sleeves etc.) in a take home bag. ) I am very pleased, so far, with the results. The incision was thin, did not pucker and is healing nicely. While I still have some bruising and a bit of swelling, it is only two weeks after the surgery! I expect, that it will look pretty good when a bit more time has passed. When I looked at a before photo, I was amazed at the difference! I had almost forgotten how baggy and large my upper arm was and now it is almost svelte, which is pretty awesome for a 65 year old. My sincere and heartfelt thanks to Dr. Barr and staff. I feel more like an attractive woman for the first time in many years. Sue Thompson, Iron Bridge, Ontario

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

I had a tummy tuck with him , he is gentle kind and a great doctor his skill is second to none my husband is like WOW the scar is going to be so clean n low it will be invisible the way he did his work he doesn't rush you he is informative in the consult and he won't do more than you need but he won't compromise eathor and that's a good thing for u end up with super results

flag | Submitted September 3, 2015

I had such an excellent experience with Dr. Barr and his staff from the consultation to the procedure and there after. I got a tummy tuck done and never thought I could be this pleased. I recommend him to everyone I know :) Thank you so much for changing my life!!!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

Excellent experience with Dr.Barr and his entire staff. He took his time to explain in detail about the procecure I was interested in. I never felt rushed or pressured. Will definitely be going back! Highly recommend this very professional MD and staff to everyone. Keep up the great work:)

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

Dr. Scott Barr's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After extensive research, I chose Dr. Barr for my breast augmentation based on his experience and the very positive feedback I had read and received after speak..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "2nd surgery...Breast implant after lift as well as Botox on separate occasion. I am very happy. Post-Surgery pain was minimal. Only needed over the counter p..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Loved Dr. Barr, just had a breast reduction and liposuction today. His staff is amazing, accommodating, and friendly. He is reassuring, comedic, and polite. The..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "ok, so im all done, i went into doctor barr all excited to put on sizers, i got in there n he measure me n said look there NO way I'm doing your breast without ..."

November 8, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm very surprised to read such positive comments about Dr Barr. My experience was very different. He seemed very competent and knowledgeable at the consultatio..."

November 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had both liposuction and brachioplasty, on my upper arms, following a 76 lb. weight loss. I found the Barr staff very caring and professional. The c..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Barr is an exceptional Doctor who cares about how you feel and look about yourself ,does amazing work "

September 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a tummy tuck with him , he is gentle kind and a great doctor his skill is second to none my husband is like WOW the scar is going to be so clean n low it ..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had such an excellent experience with Dr. Barr and his staff from the consultation to the procedure and there after. I got a tummy tuck done and never thought..."

June 12, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.barrplasticsurgery.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "P3A0" to "P3E 1E9". Address has been updated from "None" to "205 Douglas Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17055234900".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent experience with Dr.Barr and his entire staff. He took his time to explain in detail about the procecure I was interested in. I never felt rushed or pr..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am considering a Tummy Tuck with Dr Barr ,I have had Lipo to abdomen and waist and new implants .I was wondering if anyone has heard if he will fix hernia at ..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had had a tummy tuck done by Dr Barr as well as muscle repair. I am seriously thrilled with my results. I had 5 kids all by c section so it was really needed..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Barr Plastic Surgery!! I recently had breast augmentation and I am so thrilled with my results that I wished I'd done it sooner. They're were times afte..."

March 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Barr! I've been getting hair removal from the medispa upstairs, and I was a little nervous about continuing my treatments because I was told that the..."

March 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had a rhytidectomy and lower eyelid blepharoplasty (4 wks ago) and am totally thrilled with results. Very little swelling left and no bruising. It..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Barr 2 1/2 years ago for my tummy tuck consultation. I had lost nearly 100 lbs after weight loss surgery and had hanging skin but he wouldn't do the ..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I finally decided to get a rhinoplasty after thinking about getting it done throughout my life, it was the perfect time in my life to get it done and I'm really..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I recently had a breast reduction done by Dr. Barr. I never once felt like I was just a number. At my first consultation Dr. Barr could not have been more patie..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so pleased with the results after my surgery with Dr Barr! He was super awesome when answering all my questions and his all of his staff were extremely pa..."

September 14, 2014