Outstanding Staff Badge
World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Scott Barr

I recently had a Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty done with Dr. Barr and I am absolutely amazed with the results! Dr. Barr and his team went above and beyond to make me comfortable. I don’t think that words can express how happy I am, I would have never thought that my nose could look this good! I was very nervous to have a surgery done because I had never been under general anaesthesia before and I usually faint every time I get a needle but my experience was amazing. I think it was the best needle I’ve ever got, I didn’t even feel it (and I didn’t faint)! When I woke up I received great care and I felt no pain at all. I had a great recovery and I healed very quickly. Everyone working there is absolutely great, they seem to always have a smile on their faces and make you feel unbelievably comfortable and happy. A huge THANK YOU goes out to Dr. Barr and his staff, they are seriously the best! I could go on and on with how amazing they are!! I would 100% recommend Dr. Barr and his staff to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I have just recently had a breast reduction performed by Dr Barr. I am extremely happy that I made the decision to have this procedure with him. From my very first appointment I received the best of service. This team took great pride to ensure I was completely comfortable and that all my questions were answered. Everything was handled with the utmost professional care before and after the procedure. I am 100% satisfied and would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Barr.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

I had my eyelids done and chin liposuction done recently. I am thrilled with the results. He is and his staff were extremely friendly and knowledgeable. He is ver good at explaining realistic expectations. I am thrilled with the results. Highly recommend him for anyone contemplating any form of plastic surgery. No better Dr. For this kind of specialty!

flag | Submitted April 16, 2018

I have had the pleasure of being Dr. Barr's patient on two occasions both of which were handled with the utmost professional care before and after the procedures. The staff as well were always very pleasant and available if I required any assistance. Very pleased with the outcome. Thank you Dr. Barr.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2018

I chose Dr.Barr for my breast reduction after much research, and was not disappointed. Everything from start to finish went seamlessly. Dr. Barr, the nursing staff and administration staff were all amazing. If you are having any doubts about where to go, I would absolutely recommend Dr. Barr!!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2018

Underwent Breast Augmentation and couldn't be happier with the overall treatment. The level of professionalism and state of the art facility is beyond compare. I felt comfortable during consultation, exam, was provided with the perfect amount of information and was allowed to go retry different implant sizes three separate times for as long as I needed to ponder. The day of surgery was easy because I knew I had made the right choice and I awoke from general anesthetic feeling great. Right away I was taught by excellent nurses specific exercises to do routinely for optimal results. This is different than many of my friends who underwent same procedure and we all notice a significant difference in healing and end results. I highly suggest Dr Barr for any and all plastic surgery needs.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

20 years ago after a divorce, I had Dr. Barr insert breast implants and was quite happy for 20 years. With age, weight gain, etc I decided to have them removed along with a breast lift. I’m still healing but am more then pleased with the results. The entire staff was helpful, knowledgeable and attended to my every question and concern. I wouldn’t go anywhere else for plastic surgery. While I was there I had some liposuction as well and although it is only 3 months later I can already see results. What a confidence builder. Thank you to the entire team at Barr Plastic Surgery.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Went there not knowing how much they could help me. Was pleasantly surprised that Dr. Barr said he could do the surgery. The surgery was a success and everyone was wonderful at the clinic. Would recommend Dr. Barr and his clinic anytime.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

My son broke his finger. Dr. Barr ended up seeing him. He needed surgery. The day came. We were waiting all day for an anesthesiologist. Was told by doctor Barr it would take till two in the morning for one to be available so he decided to freeze him and use ultra sound to put the pin in. Well, guess what. My son’s finger is now messed up. Asked him how we can fix it?? He stated he would need another surgery and they would need to take a piece of his hip bone to repair his finger! My son was freaking out! Needless to say, we declined the second surgery. My son now suffers from pain to that finger frequently and has a croaked ring finger. Wonder if it was his son instead of mine. Do you think he would of waited for the anesthesiologist?

Dr. Scott Barr's response
I do not do hand surgery and have not done hand surgery for years. I have no recollection of this case. It is common for hand surgery to be done safely and effectively under local anaesthesia. The choice of anaesthetic method does not affect the healing of bones. Ultrasound is never used in hand surgery. A surgeon cannot be certain of how a fracture will heal. It can be affected by child activity, compliance with cast use etc. From this review, it is obvious that there was an issue with the fracture position that was conveyed to you by the doctor at the time the cast was removed. The surgeon offered you a solution, which unfortunately would have required another operation. It is unfortunate that your sons anxiety prevented him from undergoing the revision procedure and now he has a crooked finger. It is likely that a revision done at that time would have resulted in a more optimal outcome.

Submitted March 10, 2018

2 hour removal. Of. 2 moles took 3and a half hours. Never had needles in my face before and found them quite painful. One near my eye made me tear. He proceeded to make fun of me. When finally taken into the operating room after sitting there isolated with no information for who hours i told him the freezing near the eye had worn off, not completely but certainly not as frozen. He again disregarded me, him and the staff asked how i managed to go the dentist, ridiculing their perception that i was being a baby. Felt the snip as the mole removed, quite sharply. He could have cared less. My minor procedure was obviously beneath him. Won't go back.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Dr. Scott Barr's response
It is unfortunate that this was your experience. I apologise for my part of any miscommunication we may have had. A review of the EMR indicates that you were not in the office for 3.5 hours but when a patient is anxious and waiting it can seem longer. it is unfortunate that local anaesthetic is uncomfortable when it is injected. I appreciate that and tell all my patients that each injection will be uncomfortable for 20 seconds. As you know the local lasts for 16 hours and while you may have sensed some pressure (which can be misinterpreted) it would not have been possible to remove your moles without the local providing anaesthetic effect. I do recall how anxious you were during this minor procedure and was trying to provide some levity during the procedure. At no time was i ever making "fun" of you. I was attempting to make the experience less difficult for you and i apologise that we did not have better communication before, during and after your minor procedure. As with all my patients, I would be happy to discuss this with you further at the office at any time .

Dr. Scott Barr's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1988)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1993)

• Exceutive member of the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic surgery, Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery,Canadian Plastic Surgery

Request an Appointment