Ratings for Dr. Scott Barr

I recently had a rhytidectomy and lower eyelid blepharoplasty (4 wks ago) and am totally thrilled with results. Very little swelling left and no bruising. It has taken years off my appearance. I was able to go out in public with some makeup in one week. Dr Barr and his staff are very professional; yet down to earth and very approachable. He has a great sense of humour and answered all my questions and explained surgeries in detail. I would highly recommend dr Barr and go to him for any further procedures

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

I recently had an Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) procedure performed by Dr. Scott Barr. I was delighted with the professionalism that was displayed by Dr. Barr and his staff the day of the surgery. My post-operative follow-ups were always helpful and I felt that I was receiving their full attention. The results of the surgery were exactly as Dr. Barr had predicted and I was extremely pleased with the outcome.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I had facial surgery done several months ago with Dr. Barr and am beyond grateful for what it has done for my confidence. I am very proud of my "refreshed" appearance (I cannot stop looking at my image in the mirror!) It took me many years of indecision before deciding to pursue plastic surgery to feel better about my aged appearance. I chose Dr. Barr based on the many positive comments I have heard over the years from others. I chose to have a facelift, eyelid lift and fat grafting and can't recall the last time I looked so good. I couldn't be happier with my entire experience at Dr. Barr's beautiful facility. All staff and Dr. Barr were kind and caring and made me feel completely comfortable throughout every aspect of my experience. I would (and have many times!) enthusiastically recommend Dr. Barr to anyone seeking facial rejuvenation surgery.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I highly recommend Dr. Barr to anyone thinking of having a tummy tuck. After several years of thinking about having the procedure done, I was seen by Dr. Barr and had the procedure done this past fall. All of the staff are amazing. I was treated with respect and never once did I feel unimportant All my questions were answered and any fears were discussed and put at ease. Should I want or require any other procedure I'd have no problem booking again. Very professional. Thanks Dr. Barr and all your wonderful staff

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

If you wish to seek professional advise and expertise from a Plastic Surgeon, then I would highly recommend Dr. Barr and his staff without any hesitation. At the initial consultation I was presented with enough knowledge to make an informed decision on the surgery that was best for me, I felt that I was a part of the process right from the start and not just another "patient" or "number". All of my concerns were noted and I was able to address issues before the surgery that put my mind at ease. All of the staff that were involved in my care were compassionate and always available to speak with me both pre and post surgery. The surgery went very well and I am now one year post surgery and I still feel positive about the entire experience. Dr. Barr took extra time in follow up appointments to ensure that I was pleased with my results and his kind words have stayed with me and continue to provide me with encouragement and motivation. Dr. Barr is a very kind, compassionate Doctor who cares about his patient's well-being.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2016

Was refered by my doctor for a breast reduction and was told I am too overwheight for him to do surgery- with no other explanation - yet this surgery would remove some weight and probably help my back and neck so i could go do more exercise - but was told by secretary that he won't see me till I lose 75lbs

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

Dr. Scott Barr's response
Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding the need for your surgery to be postponed. We understand that this is disappointing information to receive. While we always strive to ensure patients understand the reasons that excess weight must be lost before proceeding to surgery, patients often feel frustrated with this information. Dr. Barr has performed thousands of breast reduction procedures over the past 21 years. His extensive experience has led him to establish some criteria to be applied to some patients and procedures in order to optimize the patient’s aesthetic outcome, postoperative recovery and long term health. One such criteria is the need for preoperative breast reduction patients to be at a BMI of 31 or less. This is based on established research that has shown that patients who undergo this operation over this BMI are more likely to experience many more complications after surgery, such as infections and poor wound healing. Statistics show that breast reduction patients enjoy dramatically improved outcomes when their BMI is 31 or less at the time they have their surgery. A BMI is a ratio of weight to height. A BMI of 31 is still a fairly generous BMI and although some patients have to work hard to get there, the improved postoperative outcomes are well worth their additional weight reduction effort before surgery. We would be happy to arrange for you to be seen in consultation for a reduction mammoplasty with the understanding that the surgery will be delayed until the BMI is in a range that will result in your best outcome. As you would have to be seen in consultation again after your weight loss, we share this information with you so that you can consider weight loss prior to the consultation and therefore avoid additional visits to the office prior to surgery.

Submitted April 1, 2016

Words can't express how I am thrilled with my experience! I had a tummy tuck and a breast lift after having two c-sections then losing 70 lbs. It was the best decision I could've made! 5 stars aren't enough! Thanks a million Dr. Barr & staff!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

My experience was an easy one thanks to Dr barr and his exeptional work..I am very pleased with my results..He was very infomative and his staff was accommodating. .Anyone seeking surgery should consider seeing Dr barr.. Thank you so much!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

Dr. Barr did 4 procedures on me in the last 7 years. Every procedure was done with perfection. He cares so much about his patients, before, during and after each procedure. I would never have anyone else, only Dr. Barr. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I had breast reduction surgery in November. Dr. Barr made me feel extremely comfortable, he listened and answered all my questions. His skills and bedside manners are exceptional! great experience! Awesome staff!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Dr. Scott Barr's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1988)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1993)

• Exceutive member of the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic surgery, Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery,Canadian Plastic Surgery

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had an Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) procedure performed by Dr. Scott Barr. I was delighted with the professionalism that was displayed by Dr. Barr and..."

April 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had facial surgery done several months ago with Dr. Barr and am beyond grateful for what it has done for my confidence. I am very proud of my "refreshed" app..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend Dr. Barr to anyone thinking of having a tummy tuck. After several years of thinking about having the procedure done, I was seen by Dr. Barr ..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "If you wish to seek professional advise and expertise from a Plastic Surgeon, then I would highly recommend Dr. Barr and his staff without any hesitation. At t..."

April 3, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Was refered by my doctor for a breast reduction and was told I am too overwheight for him to do surgery- with no other explanation - yet this surgery would rem..."

April 1, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Words can't express how I am thrilled with my experience! I had a tummy tuck and a breast lift after having two c-sections then losing 70 lbs. It was the best d..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "My experience was an easy one thanks to Dr barr and his exeptional work..I am very pleased with my results..He was very infomative and his staff was accommodati..."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Barr did 4 procedures on me in the last 7 years. Every procedure was done with perfection. He cares so much about his patients, before, during and after e..."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had breast reduction surgery in November. Dr. Barr made me feel extremely comfortable, he listened and answered all my questions. His skills and bedside man..."

March 19, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am a pretty shy person, but as soon as I met Dr.Barr, he made me feel so comfortable and relaxed. One of the best bed side manners I've seen in a doctor, frie..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had breast augmentation done in November from Dr. Barr and it was amazing. He's a attentive to what you actually want. As great as he was his staff r..."

March 14, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I went to see Dr.Barr for fillers and Botox. From start to finish Dr.Barr and his staff were exceptional. His facility is absolutely impeccable. He made me fe..."

March 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Barr did my breast augmentation and I am thrilled with the results. Can't express how pleased I was with the first call I made to book the cosmetic consult..."

February 24, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After extensive research, I chose Dr. Barr for my breast augmentation based on his experience and the very positive feedback I had read and received after speak..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "2nd surgery...Breast implant after lift as well as Botox on separate occasion. I am very happy. Post-Surgery pain was minimal. Only needed over the counter p..."

December 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Loved Dr. Barr, just had a breast reduction and liposuction today. His staff is amazing, accommodating, and friendly. He is reassuring, comedic, and polite. The..."

December 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "ok, so im all done, i went into doctor barr all excited to put on sizers, i got in there n he measure me n said look there NO way I'm doing your breast without ..."

November 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had both liposuction and brachioplasty, on my upper arms, following a 76 lb. weight loss. I found the Barr staff very caring and professional. The c..."

November 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Barr is an exceptional Doctor who cares about how you feel and look about yourself ,does amazing work "

September 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a tummy tuck with him , he is gentle kind and a great doctor his skill is second to none my husband is like WOW the scar is going to be so clean n low it ..."

September 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had such an excellent experience with Dr. Barr and his staff from the consultation to the procedure and there after. I got a tummy tuck done and never thought..."

June 12, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.barrplasticsurgery.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "P3A0" to "P3E 1E9". Address has been updated from "None" to "205 Douglas Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "17055234900".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent experience with Dr.Barr and his entire staff. He took his time to explain in detail about the procecure I was interested in. I never felt rushed or pr..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am considering a Tummy Tuck with Dr Barr ,I have had Lipo to abdomen and waist and new implants .I was wondering if anyone has heard if he will fix hernia at ..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had had a tummy tuck done by Dr Barr as well as muscle repair. I am seriously thrilled with my results. I had 5 kids all by c section so it was really needed..."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Barr Plastic Surgery!! I recently had breast augmentation and I am so thrilled with my results that I wished I'd done it sooner. They're were times afte..."

March 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Barr! I've been getting hair removal from the medispa upstairs, and I was a little nervous about continuing my treatments because I was told that the..."

March 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had a rhytidectomy and lower eyelid blepharoplasty (4 wks ago) and am totally thrilled with results. Very little swelling left and no bruising. It..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr Barr 2 1/2 years ago for my tummy tuck consultation. I had lost nearly 100 lbs after weight loss surgery and had hanging skin but he wouldn't do the ..."

November 20, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I finally decided to get a rhinoplasty after thinking about getting it done throughout my life, it was the perfect time in my life to get it done and I'm really..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I recently had a breast reduction done by Dr. Barr. I never once felt like I was just a number. At my first consultation Dr. Barr could not have been more patie..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am so pleased with the results after my surgery with Dr Barr! He was super awesome when answering all my questions and his all of his staff were extremely pa..."

September 14, 2014