Ratings for Dr. Scott Barr

I had facial surgery done several months ago with Dr. Barr and am beyond grateful for what it has done for my confidence. I am very proud of my "refreshed" appearance (I cannot stop looking at my image in the mirror!) It took me many years of indecision before deciding to pursue plastic surgery to feel better about my aged appearance. I chose Dr. Barr based on the many positive comments I have heard over the years from others. I chose to have a facelift, eyelid lift and fat grafting and can't recall the last time I looked so good. I couldn't be happier with my entire experience at Dr. Barr's beautiful facility. All staff and Dr. Barr were kind and caring and made me feel completely comfortable throughout every aspect of my experience. I would (and have many times!) enthusiastically recommend Dr. Barr to anyone seeking facial rejuvenation surgery.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

I recently had a Rhinoplasty/Septoplasty done with Dr. Barr and I am absolutely amazed with the results! Dr. Barr and his team went above and beyond to make me comfortable. I don’t think that words can express how happy I am, I would have never thought that my nose could look this good! I was very nervous to have a surgery done because I had never been under general anaesthesia before and I usually faint every time I get a needle but my experience was amazing. I think it was the best needle I’ve ever got, I didn’t even feel it (and I didn’t faint)! When I woke up I received great care and I felt no pain at all. I had a great recovery and I healed very quickly. Everyone working there is absolutely great, they seem to always have a smile on their faces and make you feel unbelievably comfortable and happy. A huge THANK YOU goes out to Dr. Barr and his staff, they are seriously the best! I could go on and on with how amazing they are!! I would 100% recommend Dr. Barr and his staff to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I had breast implants 5 months ago. I had a few consults with different surgeons prior to my surgery. After meeting Dr. Barr and his staff I knew this was where I would have my surgery. The entire staff were very welcoming and gave me the information I needed to feel comfortable with my decision. All my meetings with Dr Barr were very professional yet his warm manner always made me feel at ease. He really made me feel like I was his only patient when I know that is not the case. I just received my pre-op and post-op photos and cannot believe the change! I am so happy with the outcome of my surgery. The results are even better than what I anticipated. Only regret is not doing this for myself sooner. Dr. Barr is amazing and I would highly recommend. He is truly a gifted doctor and I am so thankful for what he has done for me.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

I could not be more pleased with the results of my breast reduction surgery. Dr Barr and his staff were attentive, easy to talk to, and very professional.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Scott did a phenominal job fixing my deviated nose septum.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Rhinoplasty. I had a broken nose that had be reset. He never reset it, but made the job more difficult for the next plastic surgeon by moving around cartilage on my nose. Also, he used a dressing around my nose that didnt breathe (non-permeable). This resulted in acne developing under the dressing which got worse and worse until after it was removed i was left with a large boil. This resulted in permanent scarring. I went back to ask him to correct my nose; that I was not happy with results. . . He told me to use nasal spray and wash my nose out in shower to correct breathing problems he was supposed to correct in surgery. This man takes no pride in his workmanship and primary motivated by the almighty dollar. Once he receives funds from your surgery forget about getting him to address or correct any deficiencies. Nor with he give you any empathy after waiting for a surgery and recovering from it, when it was a complete waste of your time. I would never recommend this doctor, especially for rhinoplasty.

Submitted January 20, 2017

Dr. Scott Barr

Dr. Scott Barr's response
One of the problems with anonymous reviews is that the accuracy of the post cannot be confirmed. While it is apparent to us that this is NOT one of Dr. Barr’s 52,000 patients, the content of the post does allow us an opportunity to educate anyone that takes the time to read the post and this reply. In Ontario, the resetting of a nasal fracture is covered by OHIP and is done at the hospital. No patient would ever have to pay for this procedure. During the resetting of a nasal fracture, the bone is repositioned back to its original position - no work is done on the cartilage and the cartilage is never “moved around”. After the nasal bones are repositioned, a small thermoplast cast is placed on the nose to maintain the corrected position for 6 days. In 27 years of performing cosmetic Rhinoplasty and hundreds of cast applications, Dr. Barr has not seen one case of infection or scarring related to the use of a nasal cast. Dr. Barr performs surgery only within his private surgical facility and does not treat nasal fractures at the hospital. If you were a patient that had come for a cosmetic rhinoplasty consult (as opposed to a nasal fracture), you would have had a thorough consultation. During the discussion, Dr. Barr would discuss your aesthetic concerns and he would have done a complete analysis of your facial aesthetics and facial proportions. The surgical process would have been discussed in complete detail and together a decision would be made with regards to the goals and outcome that you could expect. The decision of a “closed” vs. and “open” rhinoplasty would have been made. To further enhance your understanding of the outcome, while you were in the office, digital before / after images of your new nose on your face would have been created by Dr. Barr and reviewed with you in detail on a high resolution large video screen. These images would have been sent home with you to allow you to revisit your images leading up to your surgery date. Some patients choose to share these images with other important people in their lives. Dr. Barr’s staff would have worked with you to find a day that was convenient for you for your surgery. On the day of the surgery, you would have been treated at Northern Ontario Surgical Centre / Barr Plastic Surgery. You would know that a rhinoplasty is painless. None of Dr. Barr’s patients have ever needed to take narcotic medications after rhinoplasty surgery. Post operatively, you would have had some swelling and bruising that would have taken approximately 10 days to settle and some nasal congestion and “stuffiness” that would have lasted 4 to 6 weeks. Dr Barr and his staff would have seen you at 1 week, 6 weeks, 3 months, 6 months and at one year. If there were any issues, and you were Dr. Barr’s patient, he would have addressed them at those visits or at any time if you have contacted the office. As you would have known, Dr. Barr is always available by pager, if you had any urgent concerns after normal office hours. While we do not routinely respond to posts, we did feel that it was important to correct the misinformation in this post. Barr Plastic Surgery Team

Submitted January 26, 2017

I decided to see Dr. Barr for a consultation for breast implants in the beginning of august 2016. From the moment I walked thru those doors I felt at ease. The consultation was lengthy and not rushed. I was able to get all my questions answered. In the end I decided to go ahead with the surgery and was able to book it only weeks after the consultation. Dr. Barr is a skilled surgeon but it doesn't stop at that as far as his qualities. He is charasmatic, soft spoken and knowledgeable surgeon. On the morning of the surgery he came to talk to me to reassure me everything would go smoothly and he even personally called me that night to make sure I was feeling alright post-op. My breasts look better than I could have imagined. Dr. Barr's skilled hands insured that I would heal with minimal scarring and he has given me confidence that I had lost after having babies and breastfeeding. My only regret is that I didn't get this done sooner! Thank you Dr. Barr!!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Was a very patient and understanding staff. Dr barr was really informative and very comforting to talk to. Surgery went great and follow ups have been great! Recommend them all!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I was beyond thrilled with my experience. Dr. Barr as well the rest of the staff treated me as though I was the only client they had. I went in wanting implants right away and Dr. Barr suggested the Vertical Mastopexy ( breast lift) which resulted in an amazing transformation, all for less money. What an honest Doctor to suggest that! Thank you

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

From time to time almost everyone wishes that they could change something about themselves. I'm was a slender woman with an athletic build, with very little curve appeal. I would avoid clothing items that showed off too much and I wore layers to hide my flat silhouette. Flattering right? Not if your a thirty some year old woman. All I ever wanted for the last fifteen years was an equally proportioned body that fit the profile of a woman, not a girl. I have always wrestled with the idea of any surgical procedure unnecessary to sustain life and well being. I am a slave to the fear of pain. It is a major blockade in what I do in life...up until I noticed how often my partners eyes wondered towards other women with a voluptuous centre piece. I have a shy disposition, and began feeling withdrawn, inadequate, and embarrassed with my appearance. I felt down right ugly in his eyes. That was my breaking point in seeking out Dr. Barr and his team of compassionate and caring individuals. I emailed his office late one evening in the fear that I would change my mind if I had left it to a phone call the next morning. To my surprise I was called by his office the next day and my appointment was booked for consultation. I was excited but mostly terrified about my hasty decision. Most of those fears evaporated when I met with Dr. Barr. I was so nervous and couldn't help blushing with embarrassment when I first saw him. Dr. Barr pleasantly surprised me, by his appearance, but it was his laid back, easy to joke with and friendly conduct that won me over. Never once was he rude or make me feel rushed or unimportant. I was amazed by how attentive and patient he was as I attempted to explain what outcome I wanted. His calmness and confidence was mesmerizing and infectious. I could feel myself calm and the embarrassment drift away as we talked about breast augmentation and expectations. Dr. Barr was direct in explaining the different procedures and implants available, what to expect post operatively, and possible complications that can arise. Not knowing where to start with choosing implant size or type, Dr. Barr's expertise with developing bodily symmetry, helped me to make a well informed decision that would suit my body type and personal physical desires. The big day came quickly and I found myself extremely nervous and on the verge of calling the whole thing off, but I didn't. Dr. Barr met with me pre-surgery and his enthusiastic manner lightened the atmosphere enough for me to push my fears aside. His team of nurses were wonderful at breaking the ice and keeping me calm. They were professional, kind, and reassuring throughout every interaction. Postoperatively the pain was a tiny fraction of what I expected. It was tolerable and short lived. Dr. Barr took the time to touch base a day or two after surgery to ensure that no complications had arised and that the pain was being managed properly. All interactions with Dr. Barr after the surgery were always pleasant, and all concerns addressed appropriately in his continuous unhurried demeanor. He is a super cosmetic surgeon with the patience of an angel and is acutely aware of and understands his clients needs. In my eyes, Dr. Barr and his staff are near flawless in their remarkable caring attitudes towards their clients and their clients needs. Now here I am, ten months after surgery and I feel beautiful, my lovely new silhouette has help to boost my confidence and surprisingly entices me to wear that elegant dress with the risky low plunging neckline to the next x-mas party. I can honestly say that I'm 100% satisfied with my newfound confidence and the enchantingly lovely outcome of my surgery. The pain was minimal, the scaring barely visible, I was well informed and given extra reading material, and everything is settling to look more natural month after month. I have no regrets, only praise for the wonderfully gifted doctor who could bring about such an unexpected wholistic change in a shy girl who showed up in his office scared to death of surgery and who had no idea what to expect. Although I have no desire for any other cosmetic procedures, I openly encourage anyone seeking a professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and superiorly skillful cosmetic surgeon, to choose Dr. Barr and his professional and caring team. They are Ontario's diamond in the rough when it comes to leading in cosmetic surgery. The facility is comfortable and spotless, and privacy is taken very seriously. Thank you so much Dr. Barr and staff. I am profoundly and forever grateful of your wonderful care. MsNov3rd2015

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

Dr. Scott Barr's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1988)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1993)

• Exceutive member of the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic surgery, Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery,Canadian Plastic Surgery

Request an Appointment