Ratings for Dr. Scott Barr

I had facial surgery done several months ago with Dr. Barr and am beyond grateful for what it has done for my confidence. I am very proud of my "refreshed" appearance (I cannot stop looking at my image in the mirror!) It took me many years of indecision before deciding to pursue plastic surgery to feel better about my aged appearance. I chose Dr. Barr based on the many positive comments I have heard over the years from others. I chose to have a facelift, eyelid lift and fat grafting and can't recall the last time I looked so good. I couldn't be happier with my entire experience at Dr. Barr's beautiful facility. All staff and Dr. Barr were kind and caring and made me feel completely comfortable throughout every aspect of my experience. I would (and have many times!) enthusiastically recommend Dr. Barr to anyone seeking facial rejuvenation surgery.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Was a very patient and understanding staff. Dr barr was really informative and very comforting to talk to. Surgery went great and follow ups have been great! Recommend them all!

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

I was beyond thrilled with my experience. Dr. Barr as well the rest of the staff treated me as though I was the only client they had. I went in wanting implants right away and Dr. Barr suggested the Vertical Mastopexy ( breast lift) which resulted in an amazing transformation, all for less money. What an honest Doctor to suggest that! Thank you

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

From time to time almost everyone wishes that they could change something about themselves. I'm was a slender woman with an athletic build, with very little curve appeal. I would avoid clothing items that showed off too much and I wore layers to hide my flat silhouette. Flattering right? Not if your a thirty some year old woman. All I ever wanted for the last fifteen years was an equally proportioned body that fit the profile of a woman, not a girl. I have always wrestled with the idea of any surgical procedure unnecessary to sustain life and well being. I am a slave to the fear of pain. It is a major blockade in what I do in life...up until I noticed how often my partners eyes wondered towards other women with a voluptuous centre piece. I have a shy disposition, and began feeling withdrawn, inadequate, and embarrassed with my appearance. I felt down right ugly in his eyes. That was my breaking point in seeking out Dr. Barr and his team of compassionate and caring individuals. I emailed his office late one evening in the fear that I would change my mind if I had left it to a phone call the next morning. To my surprise I was called by his office the next day and my appointment was booked for consultation. I was excited but mostly terrified about my hasty decision. Most of those fears evaporated when I met with Dr. Barr. I was so nervous and couldn't help blushing with embarrassment when I first saw him. Dr. Barr pleasantly surprised me, by his appearance, but it was his laid back, easy to joke with and friendly conduct that won me over. Never once was he rude or make me feel rushed or unimportant. I was amazed by how attentive and patient he was as I attempted to explain what outcome I wanted. His calmness and confidence was mesmerizing and infectious. I could feel myself calm and the embarrassment drift away as we talked about breast augmentation and expectations. Dr. Barr was direct in explaining the different procedures and implants available, what to expect post operatively, and possible complications that can arise. Not knowing where to start with choosing implant size or type, Dr. Barr's expertise with developing bodily symmetry, helped me to make a well informed decision that would suit my body type and personal physical desires. The big day came quickly and I found myself extremely nervous and on the verge of calling the whole thing off, but I didn't. Dr. Barr met with me pre-surgery and his enthusiastic manner lightened the atmosphere enough for me to push my fears aside. His team of nurses were wonderful at breaking the ice and keeping me calm. They were professional, kind, and reassuring throughout every interaction. Postoperatively the pain was a tiny fraction of what I expected. It was tolerable and short lived. Dr. Barr took the time to touch base a day or two after surgery to ensure that no complications had arised and that the pain was being managed properly. All interactions with Dr. Barr after the surgery were always pleasant, and all concerns addressed appropriately in his continuous unhurried demeanor. He is a super cosmetic surgeon with the patience of an angel and is acutely aware of and understands his clients needs. In my eyes, Dr. Barr and his staff are near flawless in their remarkable caring attitudes towards their clients and their clients needs. Now here I am, ten months after surgery and I feel beautiful, my lovely new silhouette has help to boost my confidence and surprisingly entices me to wear that elegant dress with the risky low plunging neckline to the next x-mas party. I can honestly say that I'm 100% satisfied with my newfound confidence and the enchantingly lovely outcome of my surgery. The pain was minimal, the scaring barely visible, I was well informed and given extra reading material, and everything is settling to look more natural month after month. I have no regrets, only praise for the wonderfully gifted doctor who could bring about such an unexpected wholistic change in a shy girl who showed up in his office scared to death of surgery and who had no idea what to expect. Although I have no desire for any other cosmetic procedures, I openly encourage anyone seeking a professional, knowledgeable, friendly, and superiorly skillful cosmetic surgeon, to choose Dr. Barr and his professional and caring team. They are Ontario's diamond in the rough when it comes to leading in cosmetic surgery. The facility is comfortable and spotless, and privacy is taken very seriously. Thank you so much Dr. Barr and staff. I am profoundly and forever grateful of your wonderful care. MsNov3rd2015

flag | Submitted September 13, 2016

I have had 3 procedures by Dr.Barr. He is kind, considerate, attentive, down to earth, and professional. His staff is also outstanding and professional, yet caring! I was very nervous before my first appt with Dr.Barr, however, after 5 minute I knew I was in good hands. I never felt pressured to have any procedures done. My procedures were..Abdominalplasty, Smart lipo and Breast Augmentation. I highly recommend Dr. Barr! 😊

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

I have had the pleasure of being Dr. Barr's patient on more than one occasion. The entire experience was a fantastic one. Dr. Barr is extremely knowledgeable and skilled at what he does besides an added bonus he has exceptional and professional beside manners. He truly cares about his patient's and will do what it takes to ensure you are comfortable and confident in the decisions you make. The results were just as I had hoped and very minimal scarring. Do not hesitate to book with him you will be glad you did. Staff is extremely pleasant and always very accommodating as well. Beautiful clean facility.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

I recently had a breast augmentation and I am completely thrilled with my results. I went from an extremely small A to about a 38 C which is exactly what I wanted. Dr Barr and his staff were very knowledgeable and helpful in making the right choice for my frame and body. Surgery day was very efficient and I always felt calm and taken care of. The day after surgery Dr. Barr called me at home to see how I was, which I thought was a great touch. 5 months later and my scars are barely there. I would 100% refer Dr. Barr to anyone

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

I had 4 hair transplants before by one of the best in Toronto. I was pleased with my results but I was really impressed by Dr. Barr and his staff. The whole experience was pleasant and professional and the cost was modest compared to what I paid in Toronto. I was really impressed by the thoroughness of the pre-surgery preparation and the after care was the best I have ever experienced. As a veteran of hair transplants you are in good hands with Dr. Barr and his staff.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Dr Barr is by far one of the most pleasant doctor out there, he is very detail oriented and attentive to the needs of the patient. Prior to my bilateral reduction mammoplasty he explained in detail the procedure and answered all of my questions. His work is very impressive and I now live without shoulder and neck pain, simply incredible and highly recommended.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

The most pleasant, caring and knowledgeable surgeon and office staff. Had a breast augmentation and extremely happy with my results. I was afraid of the side effects of the anesthesia but it I was happy to have no nausea and very minimal pain. I highly recommend him to any of my friends looking at plastic surgery.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

Dr. Scott Barr's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• English
  • French

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1988)
  • University of Western Ontario (Grad. 1993)

• Exceutive member of the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic surgery, Member of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, Canadian Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery,Canadian Plastic Surgery