Dr. Brenda Selwyn

5 1 4.2

You may also like

Rate Dr. Brenda Selwyn

Dr. Brenda Selwyn's Ratings

Thank you Dr Selwyn, Sue and Karen for all you do. I work in a doctors office as well and understand how difficult it can be. Trying to do your best for everyone while being yelled at, harassed or trying to deal with some really rude patients. Your professionalism and kindness doesn't go unnoticed by those of us who appreciate what you do. To the person who left the last review, there's lots of doctors taking new patients in Hamilton, I happen to work for one. However if you are as nasty in person as you are online I don't think we would want you as a patient.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2901107].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2015

The only reason to visit this Dr is Sue. She is the saving grace of this outfit. The old receptionist was AWFUL and the new one is barely any better. They make you come in for everything, solely so they can bill OHIP. Dr Selwyn seems to have ZERO interest in diagnosing what you have. I am desperate to get out from this crew but it is so hard to find a family Dr in Hamilton that is taking patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2900464].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2015

Been with Selwyn and her crew for over 10 years now. Receptionist Karen is amazing and returns calls very quickly. She even had me email pics if my newborns rash so I didn't need to come in as it was a simple sweat rash. Dr. Selwyn takes her time and doesn't make you feel rushed. She listens to me. Her nurse Sue is amazing with my daughter. LOVE THEM. So friendly.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2715959].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 10, 2015

I have been a patient for over 25 years. I have been a difficult patient st times also I must admit. Tanya her old receptionist wasn't very accommodating with making appts, but her new receptionist KAREN is a dream , does her best to get you in and is very easy to talk to, very kind woman. Sue is absolutely wonderful. Ive never waited more then 10 minutes to get in for my appt. dr selwyn has been wonderful. I think people should remember this is a doctor you are seeing not a mind reader and not God. They actually dont know everything as some people might think, they are family physicians and anyone would be lucky to have her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653821].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 15, 2014

I am sorry but I disagree!! Dr. Selwyn and her staff have been wonderful. I feel that we are fortunate to have her as our family doctor.....go ahead and change doctors.....grass is not always greener. My mother usually has a 50 min wait at her doctor and they also charge for forms, etc. If you check with the ministry of health.....there are charges for these things!!! I for one am grateful....thanks Dr. Selwyn and staff....a lot of us appreciate all you do for us. A great doctor, helpful and knowledgeable.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2569222].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2014

In agreement with most of the reviews I read. Her reception staff has been horrendous. Went from one grumpy receptionist to another. Tolerated it only because there was such a shortage of doctors in Hamilton.
Dr. Selwyn is normally punctual, I don't think I have ever waited for more than half hour.
I have been seeing her for about 25 years and am actually considering changing doctors now.
I find that she has changed the past few years and is not thorough and has overlooked many things, one in particular which were multiple symptoms that identified a serious problem that I was recently hospitalized for.
They charge for everything, signing passports, faxing prescriptions. Just to renew simple prescriptions, you need to make an appt. and visit the office. There is no check up for the appt., just a time waster for you to come in and get your prescip. and she charges OHIP.
They abuse the support they have with backup doctors, I have actually been told by the old receptionist to call back AFTER the doctors hours and LIE and say my sons FEVER was worse than what it was, so that I would be seen. I am sure Dr. Selwyn's backup doctors are overwhelmed by overflow because of this.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2565814].votes_count ]]

Submitted Oct. 6, 2014

Dr. Selwyn is very professional and knowledgeable and her nurse practitioner is very friendly and helpful as well. Reception could sometimes use a bit of improvement in terms of friendliness/accommodation. Dr. Selwyn is very knowledgeable and always looking to solve the root of the problem (as opposed to over-prescribing meds or treating temporary problems that may stem from deeper or more serious issues). Appointments are always on time but there is no allowance for addressing more that 1-2 issues. You must make a separate appointment for anything other than what you went in for. Probably how they stay "on time".It is very hard to get a convenient appointment and same day is usually impossible. Other than the office administration details, she is a superb doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2451206].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2014

Receptionist used to be PURE EVIL, but now the new one is pretty nice. In my experience Dr. Selwyn has no real desire to diagnose or no sense of urgency of care. I have been dismissed several times with a "Take some advil/tylenol/antibiotics" treatment, without her making an informed diagnosis. I went undiagnosed with lactose intolerance for my entire youth, despite seeing Dr. Selwyn many many times, and explaining my symptoms perfectly. Its lactose intolerance, how hard is that to diagnose? Recently I've been having the issue of when I make an appointment, I have no idea who I'm actually going to see: Dr Selwyn, or one of her Nurse Practitioners. If you have Dr Selwyn as a doctor, you have to take your life in your own hands. You have to do your own research, and push for what you know you need. Above all, push to see specialists (don't let her pick them though), and push for real answers. Don't let her sweep you and your problems under rug.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516350].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

i found the staff, nurses and doctors, more than helpful in regards to the birth of my great grandson. i would like to thank everyone involved in his birth . if i could i would give them a 10/10 thankyou terry

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1516349].votes_count ]]