You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Marilyn Mets

20 years ago, I had surgery in which dr. Marilyn Mets performed. To this day, I remember her warmth and gentle manner in helping me at Children's Memorial. I vividly remember her because she made the process smooth. While my strabismus is healed, my eye sight has slowly hindered and she told me this could happen but atleast my eye are not crossed anymore. She is the first person I trust to go to regarding this.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2014

Our son, now 7 years old, has been seen by Dr. Mets annually since he was a baby. She is a fabulous physician. She took the time to explain his condition, as well as directions the condition could take as he developed. She is extremely polite, friendly and professional. We highly recommend Dr. Mets and the entire staff at Children's Hospital in Chicago.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

Obviously very knowledgeable. Does have a very kind and caring manner. I was referred to her for specific testing and her follow up with my doctor was very good.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2006

Dr. Mets is the head of the department of opthalmalogy for Children's Memorial, and on the faculty of Northwestern University's med school. The breadth of her knowledge is matched only by her terrific, gentle and calm bedside manner. The practice primarily handles well, urgent and surgical eye care for children, but Dr. Mets is always happy to care for adults as well. I've had eye surgery with her twice; once at Children's, and once at Northwestern. Both times, the after-care was extraordinary; she doesn't care how many times she has to see you to ensure that everything is healing properly and that you as the patient are comfortable with the results. I'm extremely glad that both my children don't seem to have my eye musculature problems and poor vision at this point, but if they develop problems, Dr. Mets is the only doctor I'd ask to treat them.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2005

Dr. Marilyn Mets's Credentials

• George Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)

• Bcbs Illinois