Ratings for Dr. Sylvia Anne-Marie Whalen

I have been a patient of Dr. Whalen for many years. With the exception of one appointment, I always find her thorough and knowledgeable. She has even taken time to call me at home with test results from time to time. My only complaint is with punctuality, which could be much improved. My time is important too. It may be that too many people are being scheduled; I have always had to wait at least 30 minutes past my appointment and often much longer, even when I book the first appointment of the morning or afternoon. Overall, the staff are quite nice; however, there is one nurse who is extremely rude and condescending.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

Dr. Whalen has been a great family doctor. She is thorough, great with my kids, and has been excellent to refer and follow up as needed.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

have been seeing Dr.Whalen for 12 years! She is a great doctor. She really does care. These bad ratings that ppl give her are misunderstood ppl who have passed judgments on her from their own messed of perception of her. I do agreee she is quiet but that is just her personality. She is human, she sees a lot of ppl all day, i am sure that can be draining. So maybe she has her off days like everyone. She is human. I have been seeing her for 12 yrs and i am 27 yrs old now. Ive never seen a bad bone in her, the bad ratings come from insecure bitter ppl in my opinion. Dr. Whalen has always cared about my health. She does her job professionally and efficiently. Great with follow ups, and making sure you get all the neccesary tests. She makes sure you are up to date on bloodtests and pap test etc. She is a great doctor

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

Dr. Whalen is great, I've been seeing her for years and she was my parents doctor before they moved away. She's incredibly thorough and concerned about your overall health, and makes sure to refer out to specialists and for tests whenever she thinks it might help. I don't even live in the area anymore and still prefer to head out to Orleans rather than get a doctor who is closer. Lots of trust in her abilities and professionalism. And she is nice.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Best Doctor ever! Smart, careful, doesn't quit until she finds the answers. Follows up herself. Even phones your home.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

After my mother encountered exceptional service from Dr. Whalen, I transfered the care of my entire family to her. She is incredibly thorough, and does not hesitate to refer to a specialist if there are any irregularities. She is also very prompt with follow-ups. While not an extroverted person (perhaps the reason some comments mistakenly attribute to rudeness), Dr. Whalen clearly cares deeply about the well-being of her patients.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

This Doctor is probably the worst Doctor I have ever seen in my life. She was rude, had no compassion or sympathy for the way I was feeling. I had gotten food poisoning and the best she could say was, well..theres not much I can do. Never bothered to give me suggestions on things to eat or not to eat. Not ONCE did she ever smile or gave me the impression that she cared. When she told me to lay down on the table, instead of asking me to take my sweater off, she started unzipping it on her own without even telling me. This woman should not even be a Doctor!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

flag | Submitted December 10, 2013

I have seen this Dr. on a few occasions when my Dr. was not available. I have found her to be extremely rude, condescending, and unprofessional. She as no qualms about peer reviewing her colleagues. When she examined my 9 year old son last year, she pulled down his pants without warning and left him uncomfortable. Since then, I have found myself waiting several hours in an emergency room in order to avoid dealing with her as she is often the only available physician. One has to wonder why that is!!!o

flag | Submitted August 16, 2013

A nice person but not thorough enough in examinations. Patient must remind always of tests and when they should be done. Soft spoken - has to be reminded to speak up. Never feel as though anything has been accomplished. OHIP rules or suggestions adhered to even when not in best interests of patient..So you have had bowel cancer. So what. Every five years is enough for colonoscopy. That should put a lot of people under the sod fairly quickly. I feel as if I don't have a family physician and that in itself is worrisome.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011