Ratings for Dr. Pamela A. Lui

I love Dr Lui. I delivered my daughter and my twins with her, and I was very very happy with the way she handled both deliveries. She is a wonderful doctor, very knowledgeable and capable. I recommended her to all my friends.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2014

I find Dr. Lui perfectly pleasant and competent. Her office staff, however, is the reason I am leaving the practice. Despite my filling out the correct paperwork over a month ago, I have not been able to get copies of my records for my fertility specialist. Her staff never contacted me about lab results to detect an ectopic pregnancy, despite me calling several times and being told that I would be notified when the results came in. I ended up having surgery for the ectopic pregnancy a week later because it was too far along to treat with drugs. I wonder if surgery could have been avoided had I gotten the lab results sooner. I am currently on hold mid-IVF cycle until they provide the paperwork I properly asked for a month ago. Dr. Lui is good, but not good enough for me to put up with this nonsense. My primary care physician ran into similar issues trying to get my records from them.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

Dr. Lui delivered my first baby. I had to switch doctors because we had to pay out of pocket for my second and Northwestern was 2x more than Lake Forest. So I found a Dr. who delivered there. This group was excellent and I really liked the Northbrook staff. Dr. Lui always listened to me, made eye contact and never seemed in too much hurry. She was also very thorough in following up on my abnormal paps and would educate me on what the path would be. She would call me personally to discuss my health situation and not have a nurse do it. Dr. Kamel was great help with post baby blues. Avoid Dr. Katz at all costs. She is not a nice person. Dr. Lui is a great doctor at a mostly great practice. (City appointments have a longer wait).

flag | Submitted July 16, 2008

This was my first visit with Dr. Lui. Everything went well. I am a little annoyed, though. I started the Gardisil vaccine and now that I am ready for my 3rd of 3 shots in the vaccination process, the practice no longer carries the vaccine in the office. I have to go to a pharmacy and bring it to the clinic. This is an inconvenience, but I will probably stay with the practice.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2008

Very upsetting experience. Dr. Lui performed surgery on me and several days later dismissed my concerns when I had severe pain and swelling. I ended up in the emergency room with an infected incision which had to be lanced and drained. Instead of apologizing, Dr. Lui was defensive, combative, and unbelievably rude. She has an ego as big as they come and is totally lacking in compassion. She doesn't seem to want to help people. Seems to be only interested in $$. Stay away.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2008

I love Dr. Lui. She does not have one hand on the doorknob when she sees you. She is funny, compassionate, persuasive but not pushy, intelligent and caring. But beware, if you are not part of a PPO, they will charge you to make up for the difference. A Pap was over $300. This is not Dr. Lui's fault but of the group she is affiliated with. I was outraged. Even the nurse sympathized. Planned Parenthood did it for $10.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2007

I love Dr. Lui. She and her nurse practitioners are very good at detailed care. They are knowledgeable and run their practice with best technologies including wet prep for paps. I have referred 4 people to Lui in 6 years and all are patients, from single women with no problems, to problems and pregnancies, everyone's been very satisfied.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2006

flag | Submitted October 10, 2005

Would have been nice to be able to get my condition looked into but this doctor charges $275 for an annual and pap. And the office could care less if you are uninsured. My old doctor back home charged no more than $80 for an annual.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2005

Dr. Lui is terrific. She is warm, friendly, patient and accomodating. She is also incredibly knowledgeable and direct about treatment options. The practice of which she's a member is all women, headed up by Elena Kamel. It's a very large practice and therefore wait times can sometimes be excessive. However, the support staff is terrific, and Dr. Lui's bedside manner rocks. She has been great at treating me for endometriosis, and handled both of my pregnancies and deliveries with gentle good humor. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2005

Dr. Pamela A. Lui's Credentials

• Northwestern Univ Med Sch, Chicago Il 60611 (Grad. 1987)