Ratings for Dr. George W. Poutous

Dr Poutous almost killed my baby. Put off my section until my baby was in major distress. Baby was in distress for at least 24 hours and he did nothing. Please do not let this office deliver your baby.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

I love Dr. Poutous! I have been his patient for 27 years. He makes me comfortable and at ease. He has a great sense of humor and bedside manner. I just had a hysterectomy and he did not force it on me. Follow up care was awesome too. However, the staff is rude. Especially in Monroeville!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

Love both him and his partner! The office staff is a different story. Some of the girls are very rude and not caring at all. Mainly Homestead and Monroeville location. Love Carol in Robinson!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

never on time, forgets bloodwork, waste of time-------------do not go to

flag | Submitted December 2, 2011

great doctor! Love the practice with the exception of some of the office girls. They can be very rude. especially homestead location.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Poutous has been my doctor for the past 8 years! He delivered my son and also delivered me!! I am very pleased with his professionalism and how he can make even the most uncomfortable situations bearable. I miscarried 4 years ago, before my son, and he was compassionate about it. He told me what to expect when I went to the hospital. I would really recommend this Doctor. :)

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

love the doctors at this practice. The answering serivce isnt very friendly.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2011

I have been a happy patient for the last 5yrs, until this year. I will not be going back. He wanted to place me on HRT and explained all the benefits. I explained my health concerns and risks regarding taking it. I am a past cancer survivor with very good health and I am careful about what l put in my body. He seemed very uninterested in my concerns and only wanted to highlight the benefits of HRT.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009

I have seen this guy once and my biggest problem with him is that I felt like he kept pushing drugs on me. He commented on my choice not to be on mental health drugs despite being in the room with me for a minute, kept insisting I get the Gardasil vaccine which has now shown many instances of side effects and death, and he also suggested I go on birth control despite me telling him that several different types had sickened me in the past. It was difficult to get it through to him that I was not going to take any drugs. That being said, he was good at answering questions I had and did take the time to do that- something I find lacking in other people. I just didn't feel comfortable with him overall- I felt like he was judging me or something because I wasn't into pharmaceuticals.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2009

I have been seeing Dr. Poutous about 6 years. He delivered my second child. He is a warm, and funny man. I had some incision complications with my c section and he saw me sometimes 3 times a week and had home health nurses come to my house to make sure the incision stayed clean and it did. It didn't get infected. I thought that it was some crazy complication but he put my fears to rest. I had seen his partner a few times throughtout the pregnancy which is normal and I definately prefer Dr. Poutous, he puts you right at ease. I'm done having children but I will always go to him and I always refer my family and friends looking for an excellent obgyn.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2009

Dr. George W. Poutous's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)