Ratings for Dr. Sarah Forbes

Now fighting with billing. Learned that recently they lost their ability to bill Medicare/Medicaid due to fraudulent billing, i.e., search Case Study: Sarah Forbes, MD, OB/GYN Virginia Beach, VA Assistant US Attorney for eastern district seeks settlement agreement. Personally now is billing fraudulently under nurse practitioners with pseudo doctor. Am filing complaint with the AMA and the Va Dept. of Health Professionals.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2010

I was seeing another gynecologist in the area, had some trouble so switched to Dr. Forbes and glad I did.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2010

the thing people must understand is that she is from the tafey fortune and her chosen lifestyle did not sit well ... She has no business as a dr but in her day all it took was money which they had tons of, she is cold and bitter. Never meant to be an md. Sorry but that's the truth.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

She needs to hurry up and retire. She has no patience and really do not want to hear anything the patient has to say. I have been dealing with irregular bleeding for 3 years now, and still don't have reason for why it is occurring.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2010

This office is a mess! I look back and can not believe I actually spent precious with this unprofessional medical office. I never had blood pressure problems before coming to this office. All of a sudden I have high blood pressure. I think they must get kick back from company to buy the medication. Now I have been seeing another doctor for the pass 18 months and my blood pressure was great from the very first visit. Now explain that. Dr. Forbes is probably knowledgeable, but I would not want her to treat me for any kind of emergency. I absolutely would not recommend wasting your time with this medical facility.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2009

Dr. Forbes saved my life. She took me on as a patient at the age of 40 with deadly eating disorders. Yes, she is a paternalistic doctor but that was what I needed in order to live. Someone who would tell me everything I didn't want to hear but would make me well again. And she did. I weighed 69 lbs. the day I walked into her office and today I am a normal, healthy 61 year old woman who has a happy life. I would wait 8 hours to see her if necessary because there is not another doctor like her in Virginia. Elizabeth Cunningham

flag | Submitted February 6, 2009

I have to agree with other comments regarding the office cleanliness for starters. The office is extremely over-decorated and there is not one wall that is not covered with some sort of photo, award, or random wall hanging. Additionally, I too had to give a urine sample in a dixie cup with no lable on it and then had to walk across a main hallway with an open container full of urine. There were men in the hallway working on the electric so they too got a glimpse at my urine sample. Very unprofessional. I only saw Dr. Forbes once and saw her Nurse Practicioner a few times. Dr. Forbes is older and a little hard to understand, but I believe she does know her medicine. Her Nurse Practicioner, Pat, was extremely nice and thorough and I enjoyed seeing her. I changed doctors because they no longer take Tricare, but I would have eventually changed anyways. The atmosphere in the office is unprofessional and I would not reccommend their offices.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2008

Nurse practitioner did not review my records prior to my visit, then ordered three tests that I'd had two months prior, saying she wanted them for comparison. One business day prior to two of the tests, her staff called to cancel one of the tests because "there is no such test as the one ordered" and to schedule me for another test. Only when I reminded the admin that I'd had these tests did she talk to the nurse, who called me back to cancel all tests, saying she didn't realize how recently I'd had the tests.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2007

I have not seen the actual Dr. ever. The whole clinic, equipment and all looks as though it has not been updated in 37 years. The office staff is unprofessional and unpleasant. I called them in Sept. to check on my next appt. I was told I didn't have an appt. until Feb. Yesterday I received a bill in the mail for a $75 no show fee. Called and told them I had called in Sept and was told I didn't have an appt until Feb. They said they can't do anything and I need to pay because my appt was in OCT! I have only seen nurse practitioners and they have never seemed very friendly or helpful. One last thing, I was given a cup (the ones you use at parties then throw in the trash) to give a urine sample. There was no label or a cover on the cup and I had to walk thru a main hallway with a cup of open urine in my hand. I hope that shows everyone how unsanitary this place is. Never seen anything like it. Wouldn't release my medical record either. Very unprofessional!!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2007

I have been to her 3 times and each time waited no LESS than 3 hours. Horrible bedside manner. Wanted to send me to specialist to "run tests" when I shouldn't have been at that point in my treatment yet. Did not know that once pregnant, all military dependents must go to the Naval Hospital, wanted to send me out to civilian doc. Very old woman. I would not go to her for anything else. One time I waited for almost 5 hours to see her.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2007

Dr. Sarah Forbes's Credentials

• Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll Of Va Sch Of Med, Richmond Va 23298 (Grad. 1954)