Ratings for Dr. Douglas T. Burwell

Dr. Burwell may be a knowledgeable doctor (I don't pretend to know about that), but he is very abrupt and impatient. He doesn't really listen well. My wife has used him for over two years, but we have finally decided we will change cardiologists. Bedside manner is important. My wife went into her last appointment with an upbeat attitude, but left depressed and frightened, yet he never explained why he said what he did, and left so quickly I didn't have a chance to ask questions. As another reviewer noted he is god-like.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

Dr. Burwell was able to help me when other doctors in the area seem to know little to nothing regarding my health issues. Somewhat god-like and impatient but seems to be very personible and calls me personally with my results normally the following day. We have bumped heads but Dr. Burwell is strong willed and is a no nonsense type of person. I have felt good about his overall care.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I worked with Dr. Burwell after having a horrible experience with other local cardiologists. I was never allowed to express my case. He continued to badger me about the notes that the previous Cardiologists had sent and basically brushed me off. I ended up getting treatment in the Portland area and treated wonderfully at OHSU. The Rogue Valley group of cardiologists cover for one another and speaking out I found got me a lot of retrubution and poor care. I do not recomend Dr. Burwell or his colleagues at Cardiology Consultants.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2008

Dr. Douglas T. Burwell's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1972)