Dr. Craig Berger

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Craig Berger

I have had 6 surgeries from Dr. Berger including corrections for cataracts and Fuchs dystrophy. The surgeries have been excellent and Dr. Bergers knowledge of the field has been outstanding. I highly recommend him for these problems.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Dr Berger is one 0f a handful of Opthamologists in FL performing Corneal Cross Linking for Keratoconus. His out of pocket charge is comparatively more reasonable. Under his care, my eye is progressing positively within 6 mos. My other eye will undergo the same procedure. During my first appointment, Dr. Berger answered my numerous questions but his personality was flat,distant w/minimal patient interactivity. Within 6mos his personality is less stiff and interacts more easily. Fabulous staff!! I do suggest appt. reminder calls or text or emails to patient.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Excellent staff and I’m very happy with the results. He was patient, answering questions and also helped me to understand the procedure.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Berger's for over a decade and highly recommend him. he is a cornea expert and has been treating me for Chronic dry eyes as a result of GVHD. He also very successfully preformed cataract surgery on both of my eyes! I can't tell you how skilled he is and how caring!.I highly recommend him. Staff friendly and office is very clean.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2017

For over three years I was looking for an eye surgeon who not only was knowledgeable and skilled at cornea transplants, cataract surgeries and Fuch’s Dystrophy but also compassionate to his / her patients. Dr. Craig Berger is all of the above. I have spoken to many of his patients while we were waiting to be seen by Dr. Berger and everyone had the same respect and feelings for Dr. Berger that I have. His staff treats you with respect and is friendly. Excellent surgeon and staff.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Last September after a visit to the optician I had a recommendation to go to an ophthalmologist and Dr. Berger was specifically recommended. The question was why did my vision in my left eye deteriorate so rapidly over the course of a year. Dr. Berger explained that I had a cataract in my left eye and that it should be removed. His explanation and professionalism made me very comfortable having him perform the surgery. The surgery was performed a month later with no complications. Presurgery Dr. Berger's team answered every question and even got me started on eyedrops and antibacterial wipes to ensure that I had no issues at the surgical center. After the surgery, I was able to see clearly within three hours. My follow-up visits were short and sweet with no-nonsense plain English updates on how I was doing. I should also mention unlike many other doctors, and 11 o'clock appointment is at 11 o'clock. There is no waiting around for the doctor to see as many patients as he can. It's this combination of professionalism, expertise, and interaction that makes me strongly recommend the Bay Area Eye Institute and Dr. Berger.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

No bedside manner at all. Wasn't called back until over 1 hour after appointment time. He would ask questions and not wait for my response.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Fantastic doctor and staff. Very knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I had a corneal transplant that was not an easy process. Dr. Berger and his staff have been great to respond to problems promptly. I will definitely have the same surgery on by other eye, and I would not go anywhere else for the procedure. ( Snickers were a big draw!!)

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Berger is a knowledgeable doctor and is willing to take the time to explain the various complex functions of the eyes. He and his staff are very friendly and helpful. After three months of infections and seeing two other doctors, he was able to clear my condition and assured me that my condition would get better and it did. I am very happy with Dr. Berger's treatment and would recommend him. His staff is friendly and very accommodating with scheduling appointments. My initial appointment was for a second opinion. I was able to see him the next day and I am glad I did.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Dr. Craig Berger's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)