Ratings for Dr. Craig Berger

For over three years I was looking for an eye surgeon who not only was knowledgeable and skilled at cornea transplants, cataract surgeries and Fuch’s Dystrophy but also compassionate to his / her patients. Dr. Craig Berger is all of the above. I have spoken to many of his patients while we were waiting to be seen by Dr. Berger and everyone had the same respect and feelings for Dr. Berger that I have. His staff treats you with respect and is friendly. Excellent surgeon and staff.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2017

Last September after a visit to the optician I had a recommendation to go to an ophthalmologist and Dr. Berger was specifically recommended. The question was why did my vision in my left eye deteriorate so rapidly over the course of a year. Dr. Berger explained that I had a cataract in my left eye and that it should be removed. His explanation and professionalism made me very comfortable having him perform the surgery. The surgery was performed a month later with no complications. Presurgery Dr. Berger's team answered every question and even got me started on eyedrops and antibacterial wipes to ensure that I had no issues at the surgical center. After the surgery, I was able to see clearly within three hours. My follow-up visits were short and sweet with no-nonsense plain English updates on how I was doing. I should also mention unlike many other doctors, and 11 o'clock appointment is at 11 o'clock. There is no waiting around for the doctor to see as many patients as he can. It's this combination of professionalism, expertise, and interaction that makes me strongly recommend the Bay Area Eye Institute and Dr. Berger.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2017

No bedside manner at all. Wasn't called back until over 1 hour after appointment time. He would ask questions and not wait for my response.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Fantastic doctor and staff. Very knowledgeable and caring.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

I had a corneal transplant that was not an easy process. Dr. Berger and his staff have been great to respond to problems promptly. I will definitely have the same surgery on by other eye, and I would not go anywhere else for the procedure. ( Snickers were a big draw!!)

flag | Submitted October 25, 2016

Dr. Berger is a knowledgeable doctor and is willing to take the time to explain the various complex functions of the eyes. He and his staff are very friendly and helpful. After three months of infections and seeing two other doctors, he was able to clear my condition and assured me that my condition would get better and it did. I am very happy with Dr. Berger's treatment and would recommend him. His staff is friendly and very accommodating with scheduling appointments. My initial appointment was for a second opinion. I was able to see him the next day and I am glad I did.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

Fantastic complete team effort in my experience for cataract surgery Thank you all.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I went to Dr. Berger to be seen for a corneal abrasion that ended up being an ulcer. Although he seemed knowledgeable and competent, he lacked any and all compassion as he painfully took cultures of my eye. He placed numbing drops that did NOT work. Although this was a painful experience, it would have been made that much better if Dr. Berger showed a little compassion for me as I cried in pain.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Craig Berger

Dr. Craig Berger's response
Infected and inflamed eyes are often difficult to fully anesthetize with eye drops. You may remember that I paused the procedure to give you a rest then applied more anesthetic before resuming the culture 5-10 minutes later. My apologies if I did not seem compassionate but we added you on last minute to a very busy Friday afternoon clinic and it was a very hectic day. In the future you may want to reconsider posting online criticism while your doctor is trying his best to help you save your eye. At the very least you may want to discuss it with him/her prior to a rush to judgement.

Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Berger did my cataract surgeries with excellent results. I no longer need glasses! His meticulous pre-op measurements and preparation paid off. He spent as much time with me as I needed- as he does with all his patients. His staff was friendly and easy to work with. I recommend him without reservations!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

His staff and office manager are terrible to work with. The appointment took forever and the staff was rude. On top of that their billing procedures are shady at best. I would never recommend this doctor. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Craig Berger

Dr. Craig Berger's response
I'm sorry that we did meet your expectations. We try our best to run the clinic efficiently and respect your time as a patient but sometimes fall behind. This occurs occasionally in all offices. Insurance co pays and deductibles can be very confusing. Please contact me directly by calling the office or with my personal email craigbergermd@hotmail.com so that I can personally address your billing issues.

Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Craig Berger's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)