You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Craig Berger

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

I went to Dr. Berger to be seen for a corneal abrasion that ended up being an ulcer. Although he seemed knowledgeable and competent, he lacked any and all compassion as he painfully took cultures of my eye. He placed numbing drops that did NOT work. Although this was a painful experience, it would have been made that much better if Dr. Berger showed a little compassion for me as I cried in pain.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

Dr. Craig Berger's response
Infected and inflamed eyes are often difficult to fully anesthetize with eye drops. You may remember that I paused the procedure to give you a rest then applied more anesthetic before resuming the culture 5-10 minutes later. My apologies if I did not seem compassionate but we added you on last minute to a very busy Friday afternoon clinic and it was a very hectic day. In the future you may want to reconsider posting online criticism while your doctor is trying his best to help you save your eye. At the very least you may want to discuss it with him/her prior to a rush to judgement.

Submitted February 18, 2016

Dr. Berger did my cataract surgeries with excellent results. I no longer need glasses! His meticulous pre-op measurements and preparation paid off. He spent as much time with me as I needed- as he does with all his patients. His staff was friendly and easy to work with. I recommend him without reservations!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

His staff and office manager are terrible to work with. The appointment took forever and the staff was rude. On top of that their billing procedures are shady at best. I would never recommend this doctor. STAY AWAY!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

Dr. Craig Berger's response
I'm sorry that we did meet your expectations. We try our best to run the clinic efficiently and respect your time as a patient but sometimes fall behind. This occurs occasionally in all offices. Insurance co pays and deductibles can be very confusing. Please contact me directly by calling the office or with my personal email craigbergermd@hotmail.com so that I can personally address your billing issues.

Submitted May 4, 2015

Please don't go their. Very poor diagnosis with limitless medications that were not appropriate. He cares more about insurance and copayments more than basic patient care. I would highly advise you not to go there for any eye treatment.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

Dr. Craig Berger's response
Insurances and copays are part of medicine that all doctors would like to avoid but cant. With so many insurance plans out there it can be very confusing to both the patient and staff. Legally we must require payment of co pays and deductibles or risk being charged with fraud by the government and possible violate HIPAA laws. If you do an internet search you will see what I mean.

Dr. Craig Berger's response
Legally we must require payment of co pays and deductibles or risk being charged with fraud by the government and possible violation of HIPAA laws.

Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Berger and staff are wonderful people. They took the time to answer all my questions and treated me well. Dr. Berger not only wants to do a good job, he is driven to do the Best job he can. I had cataract surgery and now have the best eye sight that I have had since I was ten years old. I have told my friends about Dr. Berger and they are visiting him too. A great doctor, a wonderful person and has a great staff also.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013

Doctor and staff are great. I had a dry eye problem for 2+ years that kept getting worse despite my former doctor adding more and more medication. Dr. Berger was able to substantially clear it up in 2 weeks. I highy recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

WE'VE SEEN MANY, TRUST US! HE and HIS STAFF are/have BEEN THERE FOR BOTH OF US... EMERGANCY WISE and/or WITH OR WITHOUT AN APPOINTMENT...

flag | Submitted January 7, 2012

Dr. Berger is fantastic. Caring, Patient, and very very knowledgable.His staff is outstanding. I don't think I could ever trust the care of my eyes to anyone else.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

doctor shows he cares,took time to explain so we could understand. He did a cornia transplant on my husband, he did a WONDERFUL job. We are very thankful for his skill,his knowledge and his caring.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2010

Dr. Craig Berger's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

AARP
Multiplan
Secure Horizons

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Fantastic complete team effort in my experience for cataract surgery Thank you all. "

April 20, 2016
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. Berger to be seen for a corneal abrasion that ended up being an ulcer. Although he seemed knowledgeable and competent, he lacked any and all compa..."

February 12, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Berger did my cataract surgeries with excellent results. I no longer need glasses! His meticulous pre-op measurements and preparation paid off. He spent as ..."

January 12, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "His staff and office manager are terrible to work with. The appointment took forever and the staff was rude. On top of that their billing procedures are shad..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Please don't go their. Very poor diagnosis with limitless medications that were not appropriate. He cares more about insurance and copayments more than basic..."

November 22, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' score (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=65867'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.8

February 5, 2014