Ratings for Dr. Michael P. Carney

Very good, very thorough, explained everything and even gave me test results and pictures. Lots of reading material, and explained everything. Excellent physician!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2011

Dr. Carney was assigned to me by ER staff for cardiac stent placement. I advised him that I had no $$ or insurance. His bedside manner was good. A follow-up appointment was scheduled after hospital discharge. I had severe angina after discharge and called his office. Was told that he did not take patient calls as he was too busy, and to go to the hospital if I thought it was life threatening. At my follow-up appt., I told his nurse practitioner about the call and the angina. She said they had problems in the office, and wanted me to write a strong letter of complaint to Dr. Carney. I declined. A few days later, Dr. Carney wrote to say I had a plethora of complaints and he would not see me again. I wrote back and explained what happened. No response from Dr. Carney. I had more heart surgery later, and am now disabled and on social security. Dr. Carney got an attorney to pursue me for collection of his bill. His office "politics" harmed this patient, and he did not even try to fix it.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2008

Dr. Michael P. Carney's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1976)