Ratings for Dr. Ali M. Ghaffari

If I could rate him lower than 1 star, I absolutely would. Let me explain: I was referred to him by Veteran's Choice because it would take me forever to get an appointment at the VA. They told me how high his reviews are but I was ok with him because I was familiar with him. I know his son. I met his wife, who graduated from law school last year but I had never met him (and he was my mother-in-law's primary care physician before she passed). I called the office this past Monday and let them know that Veteran's Choice referred me to them and we set up an appointment for 9/14/17 at 3:00 pm. I thought it was odd that the first thing the lady told me, after hearing that I am a veteran with back pain, was that he doesn't prescribe pain medicine to which I replied: "I don't care. I just want to be seen.". That conversation left me wondering whether they assume that because I'm a veteran in pain that I might just be an addict but I dismissed it. The VA faxed over all of the paperwork on Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. I showed up 30 minutes early for my appointment. While I was filling out the paperwork, the Dr. came out of the office and was asking the receptionist about the pending cases (mine and this older lady). So it's 5 minutes before my scheduled appointment time and the receptionist said that Dr. Ghaffari doesn't want to deal with the VA. I was livid. I told the receptionist that I felt it was ridiculous and I walked out before I lost my cool. They could have told me Monday. They could have told me or the VA Tuesday. They could have been courteous and called me or the VA this morning and let me know but it's odd that it seems like he was ok with VA patients until after he saw me (in the waiting area). I'm no fan of coincidence and it's rare for me to accuse anyone of racial animus but...again, I'm no fan of coincidence. They treated me with absolutely no consideration. I took time off from work to be there and I'll have to take more time off of work to be seen by another doctor. Since he doesn't want to deal with the VA, I called them and let them know so that they can remove him from the program. I will tell everyone I know about this experience with him and his clinic.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

Dr. Ali M. Ghaffari's Credentials

• Shahid Beheshti Univ, Fac Med, Teheran, Iran (Grad. 1980)

Top Hospitals in Clovis, NM