Ratings for Dr. Joseph S. Ghazal

Two months ago, my wife scheduled an appointment for me to see Dr. Ghazal. Today, while on our way to his office, we realized traffic would delay us 5-10 minutes. We contacted the office and advised the receptionist about our late arrival. No problem. We arrived at the Dr.'s office and ammounced. With a smirk on her face, the receptionist said: "You cannot see the Dr. because your insurance is cancelled". Shocked to hear that --since the health ins. company had not notified of any cancellation and was accepting our monthly premium regularly-- I asked: "So why weren't we contacted by the Dr.'s office?" Her response --with the same smirk-- was: "We left a message on your phone on August 16". (Today is Aug. 20th). Needless to say, no such message was left, otherwise we would --at the very least-- have tried to address such an issue; after all, we had waited for 2 months for this appointment. While my wife was on the phone to clarify the matter with the health ins. personnel, a patient called and --apparently-- asked to speak with the Dr. The receptionist stated that the Dr. was on vacation. I thought I heard her wrong. Another caller asked the receptionist if she could confirm the new dosage of his/her medication with the Dr. The same response: "The Dr. is on vacation." Wowwwww, The staff --2 months ago-- had given me an appointment knowing well that Dr. Ghazal was going to be on vacation this week. I couldn't accept this any longer. I stood up and asked the receptionist why I was given an appointment if Dr. Ghazal wasn't going to be there. With the same smirk frozen on her face, she said: "Well, first, you don't have coverage, and then, the Nurse Practitioner would see you." WHAT??? Nurse Practitioner to examine a cardiac patient? At the first visit? WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS THIS??? She asked: "Do you wanna talk to the manager"? I --mistakenly-- said: "Sure!" Waited for another 15 minutes. Not only a manager didn't show up, but the receptionist disappeared into the back office... We left the office. It took about half an hour on the phone to resolve the issue with the insurance company. Now, does anyone think I will go back to Dr. Ghazal's office?? I THANK THE LORD FOR THE INSURANCE CONFUSION AND THE 2 PATIENTS' CALLS TO THE OFFICE ASKING FOR DR. GHAZAL!! God has mercy on me!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2018

Dr. Joseph S. Ghazal's Credentials

• Wright State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Workers Comp