Ratings for Dr. Stuart G. Rice

Found Dr. Rice to be very dismissive. Didn't bother to even put MRI results up on the screen, and was all over the place in conversation regarding my pain and it's origin. Found him to be rushed and confusing--I guess since I didn't need surgery he didn't have time for me or my pain. Shook my hand walked out the door...left me wondering is a nurse coming in?? Should I wait?? Finally just left.. Maybe I caught him on a bad day BUT was not impressed with him or his lack of empathy for my problem.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

I was so happy with Dr. Rice. He understood my lifestyle with horses and wanted to help me. I had the L5s1 fused and was pain free, a year later I had a bone spur from new bone growth from the fused bone,and a lot of pain,no fault of the surgery,so he went back in,cleaned the spur up and took my rod and screws out. I am still pain free after many years. By an MRI it only showed a bulged disc,but when they did Surgery it was way worse than they thought. I had done therapy and shots and the doctors and I knew it was time to do surgery.18 years of pain was enough. I am so happy I didn't wait and I knew my body well enough to know that my pain was bad!! My pain had affected my life and my family. No regrets!!! Still riding and competing!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

This doctor and his staff are the most wonderful caring people. I have needed three back surgeries and I have had Dr. Rice perform all three. If I need another in the future I will go back to him, even though he is 450 miles away. I have never had a doctor make me feel so informed and at ease about surgery. He listens and answers all questions. His staff calls frequently following surgery to check on your recovery. The Spine Center of Rapid City is very efficient. At my hometown clinic I waited 6 months, in pain, and never did get in to see the neurosurgeon. Dr. Rice saw me on a Tuesday, and had me in surgery the following Monday. His whole staff is positive, pleasant, and helpful. I have a disk that has herniated three times. I have gotten relief from pain following each of the surgeries. I have total confidence in him. I carry his card with me and refer anyone I meet who has back pain to Dr. Rice.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2009

Three surgeries,total numbness,cannot explain why no sucess.Switched Docs for a fourth,but so much nerve damage was done got very little relief from new doc. Do not use this Doc.Was not numb prior,now numb from waist down,chronic pain 24/7 having to take strong meds just to survive the day. Should have sued!@!!!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2007

Nice doc, but I still hurt like hell after the operation and I dont have any feeling in my feet. He said he was very sorry so i guess I cant blame him. Dont know what happened in surgery. he didnt explain why.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2007

Dr. Stuart G. Rice's Credentials

• Medical College Of Wisconsin (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rapid City, SD