Ratings for Dr. Alexandra Stern

I have been going to Dr. Stern for many years. She always takes time to explain and talk about the cafe you as a patient are receiving. Always on time I have found her to be very professional.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I saw Dr Stern about a dozen times in four months. She is not very communicative. For instance, after I took a stress test, she told me I was"goo." That's it: good. She is not consistent in her recommendations. When I would ask how long I needed to stay on a blood thinner I got a different answer every time. I was cardioverted and they told me i the hospital that the doctor wanted me to stop taking one drug and that she would prescribe something else when I next saw her. When I brought it up at my next visit, she told me I should keep taking the drug I had been told to stop. She wanted me to see a neurologist. I called her and told her the neurologist could not see me for month. Instead of interceding to get me an earlier appointment, she said that was "OK." After all, it was heart that was having problems, not hers. I'm sorry, but she really needs to learn how to communicate with her patients. I get the feeling that she doesn't especially like people. That's fine; I don't either. But I'm not a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2015

Had 4 visits with her, always in a rush and VERY impatient. Very irritated if you ask a question, and does not give any satisfactory reply. Will change doctor

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

In/out 20 minute standard factory treatment. Next! Impersonal and uncaring doctor. She is not someone I would go to if I thought I had a serious medical condition. For the run of the mill stuff she is average.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Alexandra Stern's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1990)

Harvard-Pilgrim