Ratings for Dr. JOHN C. Brockington

I also have very mixed feelings about Dr. Brockington. At first, I thought he was caring and professional. I presented to him about all the tingling I was having in my head and extremities and given my family's history of autoimmune disorders (both sisters have RA, niece has MS) I was concerned. I was given a two part MRI with two doses of Gadolinium back to back and was told that no MS was present, but I had atherosclerotic type changes in my brain and that he was going to refer me to the stroke clinic. Needless to say, I was NEVER followed up and NEVER referred to the stroke clinic not to mention the use of Gadolinium can be fatal.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015

I have mixed feeling about Dr. Brockington. In 2005, I was referred to him for new onset of daily headache. I received extensive laboratory testing and brain scan. I was told there was nothing wrong with me. Around that same time, another doctor at UAB showed me an "obvious" bone tumor of the skull on my MRI (fortunately it's totally benign, but it is quite large). This was eventually eluded to be very likely the cause of my constant daily headache. I'm not sure why Dr. Brockington ignored this. I could only come to 1 of 2 conclusions- either 1) he was trying to protect me from pursuing brain surgery for something that won't kill me, or 2) he only cares about protecting his liability and nothing more; I tend to think it's the former, but even if so, didn't I deserve to know the truth about my health? His secretary told me "I don't have a neurological problem" and I was being discharged from their clinic even after the tumor diagnosis by another UAB doctor.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2009

No knowledge of the blood disorder I had and the reason for my seizures.I had a stroke and he dismissed it as PTSD.Yea right when you never been in a stresssfull situiation but have a 2 inch lesion in your brain.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

Very kind and caring. Took the time to try and figure out what was causing the problems and called my insurance himself to get me approved for tests that they kept refusing to pay for. Thankfully he did, because that is what diagnosed my problem.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2009

this is the best neurologist i have ever seen. I have been to 4 others.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2008

I had a good experience. He's very soft spoken and asked me lots of questions about my symptoms. He took the time to answer all of my questions which is so important. He was reassuring because I was upset with having an auto-immune disorder and offered me great hope with the treatment options available.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2007

For a Neurologist he has absolutely no knowledge of MS.His staff is even worse

flag | Submitted January 28, 2007

Dr. JOHN C. Brockington's Credentials

• Univ Of Nc At Chapel Hill Sch Of Med, Chapel Hill Nc 27599 (Grad. 1992)