Ratings for Dr. Benjamin Ho

Maybe a class action lawsuit against this Dr and his secretary are necessary. My husband is dead because this Dr and his secretary did not call with results. My husband and an endoscope done. No one called us with results so we assumed things where fine. Normally if there is an issue, they call. Isn't that the rule? No news is good news? My husband was having health issues which was why the Dr ordered the test. It turned out my husband had cancer in his stomach. Had the Dr told us when they did the test, my husband would have had a better chance of survival and maybe could have got treatment. Dr Ho made a visit to the oncology floor in oshawa hospital about a month before my husband died and my husband told Dr Ho that he's the reason he is dying. Dr ho's secretary is also to blame. I hope these people both understand the suffering my husband went through as well as the pain our young daughters are going through having lost their daddy. Gabrielle, I hope karma treats you the way you have treated others.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Ho for over 20 years and am very satisfied with his professionalism as well as his caring and kind qualities. He knows his stuff! And I would recommend him anytime.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

This doctor does not care about his patients only how quick he can turn them over. Also, does not check blood work so if your on imuran no need to get your blood done every week as again he does not check. I had acute pancreatis because of this. No personality, no care, ask a question and he looks at you like your strange. Not a nice experience at all. I agree with the user that just posted about incorrect diagnosis. He definitely does not have the patients best interest in the forefront. Especially if you are not Chinese.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

This man should not even be called a doctor. He almost killed my family member with an incorrect diagnosis and he does NOT listen to the patient. His arrogance and neglect of his patient is disgusting. Something needs to be done by the medical profession to stop this man before he kills someone!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2016

He does not care about his patients! It's all about business. Very negative experience.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2016

Just had my second colonoscopy performed by Dr Ho, my main complaint is he is robotic in his questions , firing them at you at warp speed, not really listening to your answers...does this man not understand how nervous you are lying there knowing what he is about to do to you..Please slow down and see the patient for who they are.....you feel as if you are on a production line...I would love for OHIP to investigate exactly how many colonoscopies does this man perform in one day at all of his facilities. He is so rushed .....I found the Nursing staff at Oshawa General in pre op to be very helpful and kind, but please ladies a little more professionalism ...gossipy about their colleagues ..etc, absolutely no privacy.. however the post op recovery Nurses are the worse..no empathy no kind words..again just an assembly line...when you are trying to express gas and see the room full of males and females all bunched together it is very unsettling..this is not as it should be for sure ...Dr Ho just needs to look back and try to remember what it was like when he first entered the Medical field and when he had empathy for his patients...

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Dr Ho does not listen at all and threatens his patients. He pushes certain drugs and does not disclose serious side effects. He is a horrible doctor. would Not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2016

i cant beleive the previous bad ratings! Dr.Ho is actually my life saver. I had a previous doctor who didnt care about my well being and sent me home with entocort. I went in and out of hospitals and his office complaining of pain and no one did anything. I eventually had 2 pelvic abcess burst causing septic poising. i had a drain in 2 weeks. I met dr.ho during all this. He argued i didnt need surgery. He was so kind .. i sometimes feel like he downplays symptoms but he is always open for my opinions and has helped me get into remission and gain weight. i was 92lbs when i met him. im now 145. and healthy !!oh and i like his receptionist shes a sweetheart.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2015

I found his secretary very rude She went to do blood work on my daughter and didnt wash her hands. I am a nurse and so know better..She said she didnt need to wash them when she was putting gloves on. I dont know her training but she should know better..She always talks down to me and there is no patient confidentiality at all in their office..

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I went to see Dr Ho last week for a routine colonoscopy. 4:00am the next morning Imwas in surgery. He had removed 2 polyps and punctured my bowel. I have never felt pain like that in my life. I was in the hospital 4 days. I had booked my follow up appointment but called today to cancel it. They didn't even ask if I wanted to rebook. I guess this isn't the first time that people have cancelled on him. The procedure was done at the Digestive Health Clinic. Not a very clean place. It felt like you were on an assembly line. Just wheeling people in and out continually. They don't keep you there very long after either. I will never ever go back to see Dr Ho. In fact I probably will never have another colonoscopy done again because I will be to afraid that it might happen again.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015