Ratings for Dr. Catherine C. Kim

Dr. Kim was easy to talk to and very through on her examination. She is very concern about my health and volunteer herself to be my primary doctor too which I agreed very much.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Dr. Kim filters her medical advice and care through a religious filter that affects her decisions. She advised my daughter, while I was out of the room, to wait to have intercourse until she was married, made the sign of the cross while she asked her to "promise" that she was a virgin, and refused to give her a birth control prescription for heavy bleeding. Mentioning this to a friend, she said she also stopped going to Dr. Kim when she was told she needed to address her anxiety "with prayer." Four thumbs down, zero stars and a recommendation that she clearly advertise her practice of medicine as a religious or Christian influenced (and out of date.)

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

My daughter brought me with for her first GYN appointment. She was sexually active so we decided to get her on birth control that was not a daily pill. The PA Karen was great dealing with a first time patient. Unfortunately, when we broached the subject of birth control Karen told us we would need to speak with the doctor. Both my daughter nor I could have ever expected that Dr. Kim would refuse to write a prescription for Birth Control or receive a moralizing lecture about abstinence. It seemed that she routinely embarrases her younger patients this way. I got a little aggressive because she was refusing to do her job and provide medical care. I pointed out if she didn't prescribe birth control she might be seeing a teenage parent. Wouldn't that be worse for everyone? Still can't believe this. If you go into this specialty, you should be prepared to do your whole job or chose a different specialty like podiatry.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2015

I personally had an amazing experience with Dr. Kim and her team. The office is pleasant and clean. I feel that she has great communication skills and walked me thru the entire process of what was going to happen before, during, and after my surgical procedure. She personally called me on 3 separate occasions to make sure that I understood all of my options. Her office is always very busy which is probably because she is such a great OBGYN. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2014

Only let me push for 1 hour before episiotomy that I specifically said no to and screwed up my son's circumcision (she told us AFTER that it was her first time doing it). My son now has to have surgery at 13 months to correct what she did. She spent maybe 5 minutes at each appointment (after long wait times). She ignored my birth plan and was barely in the room. I was having regular progressing contractions and dilating normally and she ordered pitocin (for her schedule) which made my contractions unbearable, a nurse eventually turned it off because she knew it wasn't needed and I progressed perfectly. Dr. Kim was nowhere to be found when it was time to push and we overheard that she had gone home and had to come back. At my 6 week checkup she didn't even perform an exam!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Kim has been a God send to me. I was a new patient with her when I started having serious pregnancy problems with my 4th pregnancy. I do not have fertity problems but now after 3 miscarriages she has referred me to a great specialist. With each miscarriage (and D&C) she gave great care to me as a person. I believe she also saved my life when I hemmoraged with my last miscarriage and needed emergency surgery and blood transfusions. She is knowledgable, professional, thoughtful and caring. I gave Staff a 4 because of the front desk. They are usually helpful but were sometimes not very pleasant. I gave puncuality a 4 because usually I would get in with average waiting time but sometimes longer only due to Dr. Kim being on call and needing to be at the hospital. I highly recommend Dr. Kim.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

Dr. Kim saved my life! After a very bad experience with another doctor, I went to Dr.Kim. She was warm and caring and informative. I appreciated her honesty and her vast wealth of knowledge. She really cares about her patients and doesn't do tests that are not needed.I would recommend her to anyone who wants compassionate, quality care.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2010

Dr. Kim has the worst bed side manner. She was ok as my GYN until I was pregnant with twins. She didn't treat my pregnancy as high risk. I lost the babies and she told me that I may as well not try again because I probably would lose any other pregnancies. I changed doctors to Dr. Poliakin and he tended to my high risk pregnancies and I had 3 more babies. They are now 5 and 3 (twins). She had no right to tell me I would probably lose any other preganices. i am so glad I didn't listen to her. Run out of her office!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2010

Wonderful doctor. Very complete without ordering unneeded tests. I really like her and I will certainly return.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Dr. Kim is the best. She delivered my 1st child (even though she wasn't on call that night). She took her time with me at appointments. I'm now going to her again for my 2nd pregnancy.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2009

Dr. Catherine C. Kim's Credentials

• University Of California, Ucla School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

AHC