Ratings for Dr. Felix Veloso

I've been a patient for over 30 yrs, he's helped me stay seizure free just as long. He doesn't rush through his explanations and uses language I understand without talking down to me. Very personable and kind.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I had a very good visit with Dr.Veloso.After we decided he couldn't help me with my hand problem,he got on the phone and got me an appointment with the right physician in the next two weeks! I recommend this man to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2016

Went to take my daughter there to try and get answers about why she is still having pee and number 2 accidents.. All I got for an answer from him was that he wouldn't do anything because he doesn't want to chance her not being able to have kids... even after I told him this was affecting her education he proceeded to tell me he wasn't going to do anything because he doesn't want to be the reason she can't have kids. So I asked him if her having kids were more important then an education. He proceeded to say yes. I was not happy with that answer as I believe her education is very important. So I told him that he should take his rules chart down when it says the patient is always right and walked out.. I will never go back to him nor would recommend him to any one. Very disrespectful...

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I have seen Dr. Veloso for 14 years, ever since I was 13. He is a very kind man. He always asks me how school is going, about my family, and about my seizures. He is not usually on time, which is a bit annoying, but other than that, I would recommend him. He has helped me stay seizure-free for years at a time, and added the appropriate anti-convulsant when needed. Good neurologist.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2014

I fainted on a plane, hitting my head & suffering a bad concussion. He ordered an EEG then said the 'slowing' waves he saw on the results, is enough to suspect epilepsy even though a brain injury could cause the same results & I was not even witnessed having a 'seizure'. He proceeded to inform SGI & my licence was suspended. I'm 31 with no history (aside from a few episodes of syncope yrs ago) When I asked to discuss the circumstances around previous times I'd fainted - He said simply 'it doesn't matter'. He said there are no other tests that can be done, when I asked for more, & prescribed a strong AED without ever having had an actual confirmed 'seizure'. I insisted on a 2nd opinion and since have seen 2 other neurologists, ( one being an Epileptologist), who both said there is NO evidence of seizures whatsoever, and the medication prescribed to me could actually be more harmful, in my case. Highly unrecommended, this Dr. is negligent and should no longer be practicing!!!! Avoid!!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

I received MRI results that indicated I may have MS and the report recommended an enhanced MRI to get more info. Dr. Veloso said in my case it wouldn't matter if I had MS as there would be no treatment anyway. I am a paraplegic and use a wheelchair. I asked him if he would be concerned if these results came in for another patient who did not have a disability and he said he would be. He is unethical and biased in his views of disability and should not be allowed to continue to treat patients differently based on this bias.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2013

Really nice staff, not all on time but wasn't so bad that you wanted to pull your hair out. When i did get in to see him he was a very kind man and very honest with me, Great bedside manner. Put me on something that finally works and when i had questions he would answer honestly, even if that answer was I don't know but let me look into it. Wasn't rushed and fully listened to me I am in quite a bit less pain now and able to get out of bed most days. Would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

I asked him "what are you doing for me"? No reply BUT his staff advised I was no longer a patient! The only thing he would say is "see you in six months". Very unsatisfied and get this neurologist assume they control your life! I asked for a referral and because he did not know them NO was his answer. No wonder people are upset with this!

flag | Submitted August 3, 2012

I found Dr Veloso to be very thorough, asked many questions about my symptoms, and sent me for bloodwork, X-ray and MRI. Very pleasant man, great receptionist. And he was punctual.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

I've have seen Dr. Veloso the last five years and have never felt like I had any support with my MS from him at all. He just all I ever really heard from his mouth was 'and' and 'see you in six months'. I felt like the medication I was prescribed was doing more damage then good but he never seemed to care and just kept me on it. On average waiting would be an hour and a half or so.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2010