Ratings for Dr. Albert L. Guinn

Dr. Guinn is without a doubt the most knowledgeable, caring and compassionate physician that both my wife and I have ever seen. He was the only doctor to diagnose my wife with a life threatening disease and basically saved her life. In over 50 years no other doctor had taken the time and interest to properly diagnose her and treat her. He has also been a life saver of mine as well with a diagnosis that completely changed my life. He is absolutely outstanding in his practice of medicine. Barry and Patti Esham, Portland, Texas

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

This doctor is usually late for his patients, orders unnecessary labs and tests, he is charismatic but I would never use him as my doctor again!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I am extremely dissatisfied with Dr. Guinn's performance. His arrogance, incompetence, and failure to diagnose has now left me with permanent damage. He also prescribed medications for conditions I do not have causing further delay and additional problems. He failed run the most obvious tests, which would have provided evidence for proper diagnosis and ran a miriad of very expensive tests that were unnecessary. I finally wised up and found another doctor, who would roun the correct test and began treatment. I just wish I had wised up sooner. His negligence has caused problems that I will have to live with for the rest of my life. I'm just lucky that I am still alive. Had I not seen the other doctor when I did, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this right now. It was that serious. Avoid this doctor, unless you don't mind taking a ton of useless medications/suppliments and don't mind waiting for three hours in his office to see him.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2009

Dr. Guinn is great! He really cares about the big picture. I feel 10 years younger since he started a comprehensive health plan for me. Thanks Dr. Guinn! You're terrific!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2008

Most incredible Dr! Knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2008

he overly medicates with meds for allergies to weight gain to hormones. its all just too much and bad on liver. and the wait can be at leat 2 hrs to 3 just to see him.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2008

Using Guinn was one of the worst health decisions I have ever made. He prescribes a lot of hormones, supplements, and expensive tests. When I first saw him I was happy and healthy, but after a year I had gained weight and had new sleep problems, fatigue, and mood swings, all side effects of his "wellness" program. I usually waited at least 1 hour to see him, and the record was 2 1/2 hours. (No other profession would allow such inefficiency and arrogance!) I finally wised up and switched doctors about 4 months ago. I have now lost most of the excess weight, and I regained my health with a routine of good diet, moderate daily exercise, and a multivitamin. I feel good again and I am nearly back to where I started medically (a healthy, active 60-year-old male). But now I am being having trouble gettting insurance because of the record of all the prescriptions. He is believable (almost charismatic) but I advise you not to risk your health or waste your money on him.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2007

Superb doctor with an excellent health and wellness approach.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2007

Dr. Guinn is an excellent doctor...waiting for sometimes up to 3 hours is NOT a good thing especially when you're feeling sick.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2007

Dr. Albert L. Guinn's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1997)