Ratings for Dr. Joseph D. Orie

At 7 1/2 months gestation my wife and I were told by a perinatologist that our child would be born with a congenital heart defect. He referred us to Dr. Orie, who understanding our concerns and fear, saw us only 3 hours later. My son had open heart surgery at 2 1/2 months old. He will turn three next month, and other than visits to see Dr. Orie every six months, he is perfectly normal. I can never thank Dr. Orie and his staff enough. He stood next to us as we faced our nightmare. He answered calls after hours, and on weekends, being so accomodating as to give my wife his cell phone number to call with any concerns.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

We had to visit from Toronto Canada because our child's ECG came back as potential LVH, we were panicked and couldn't see a Pediatric Cardiologist in Toronto quickly enough. I made the call at 4pm and received an appointment the next day for 10:15am! An ECG and Echo Cardiogram was performed on our child and we were able to see Dr. Orie soon after. The technician was wonderful and friendly and Dr. Orie spent a good 20 minutes chatting with us and our son and made everyone feel extremely comfortable. Amazing Doctor! I would very highly recommend him and his staff anytime!

flag | Submitted November 22, 2013

He was wonderful and would tell anyone that he is amazing!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2010

He made a significant error on our daughter. He told us her fainting was due to a neuro problem and her heart was just fine. A second opinion helped us to learn she needed a transplant. He never spoke with her neurologist and offered no apology to us. We sought a second opinion only because we spoke with others who had gone through things such as catheterization mistakes, and mis information. We changed doctors

flag | Submitted March 23, 2009

Dr. Joseph D. Orie's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1988)