Ratings for Dr. Ramona Davidson-Dagostine

In 1999 Dr Dagostine was the HEAD Resident of Women’s and Childrens OB floor and over saw my care with multiple physicians under her. I was originally a patient of Dr. Luby which I would not send my dog to after how I was treated there by him and his staff!! I fully ruptured at 28 weeks and 5 days!! I was made to walk all the way through Thomas Memorial Hospital knowing my daughter could’ve just fell out of my body!! After I was assessed downstairs, I was rushed to Woman’s & Children’s where I was given thee BEST CARE by Dr. Dagostine and her staff. I was able to stay at W&C’s hospital until I turned 32 justational weeks and delivered my preemie daughter weighing in at 4 pounds 5 ounces. Our daughter was pretty healthy compared to most being born 8 weeks early. With my second pregnancy I hunted down Dr. Dagostine and found she was in private practice with Dr. Sutherland and daughter her out to be my personal Dr once more and she then did my Co-care with Dr. Conover my Perinotologist since I was considered high risk again. My body just does not form strong membranes. :( My second pregnancy was much more safer than the first and only delivered three weeks early with my son weighing in at 8 pounds and 8 pounces. I COULD HAVE NEVER ASKED FOR MORE CARING, COMPASSIONATE, GIVING, Doctor or person to care for myself and child! If you are looking for THEE BEST, DR. DAGOSTINE IS IT!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2019

Dr. Dagostine and her office is amazing. They delivered my first daughter and I continued seeing her for the next four years as a gyn. Tonya is the best, I love her to death. Now Dr. Dagostine will be there for my second!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I would never recommend this doctor. I made a appointment with her to be seen. I get there and the staff said the doctor couldnt see me. They said if i was pregnant she would see me. They told me to go to another gynecologist. I would never recommend her for gynecology! The staff is rude as well!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

She is my doctor for my second pregnancy and I have to say that she is wonderful! I also love my nurse Tonya! They are both so down to earth and full of knowledge! When I call for something they always call be back within the hour and not many offices do that. They care about their mothers that is for sure! I am so glad that I chose to go to her for my baby! My appointments are always on time too! I never have to wait to be seen because she is always ready then it is time for my appointment and that means a lot! She spends time with you also and don't rush you one bit. She is always willing to answer all the questions that you have and willing to help in any way that she can! She is a wonderful doctor and I would tell everyone to go to her!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2014

I LOVE Dr. Dagostine, her staff, and her nurse Tonya! They all remember you from one appointment to the next! Dr. Dagostine delivered my baby girl by c-section because of blood pressure issues-- She is so nice and definitely cares about her patients and their babies. Her office always calls quick with lab results, etc. She's not one of those OB's that induce because the mother "wants" to be induced. She goes by the best interest of mother and baby! I recommend her 100%!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2014

I called for an appointment and they would not accept me as a patient because I had a Christian Care Health Plan, not insurance. The plan I have is 100%, no deductible.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2012

I have not even seen this doctor and I rate her poorly because office staff said, "She won't see you unless you are pregnant." Well, I'm not so, I'm still looking for a doctor. I don't think that it's right, sort of discrimination, just because a woman is not pregnant, you won't be seen.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2012

Overall, I was very pleased with Dr. Dagostine and her staff throughout my pregnancy. They are all friendly and professional. The wait time is always short, and Dr. Dagostine does not rush you during appointments. She is definitely knowledgeable and will take as much time as you need to respond to your concerns. I was disappointed when she didn't deliver my baby; she wasn't on call at the time. Dr. Bush performed my c-section, and she did a great job - and had a great personality as well. I would recommend Dr. Dagostine & Dr. Bush to anyone expecting in the Charleston area. :)

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

I dealt with the staff at this office for about four weeks regarding FMLA papers. The nurse who I saw first for the appt heard what I wanted and said that it could be done that way. Then dr dagostine came in and the first thing she said to me was that she cant just let me miss work whenever I want to. I was upset by this bc I was only asking to miss work if necessary due to morning sickness etc. She then told me that if I felt I needed to miss work for such things I should probably just not have a job at all. This was offensive to me bc My husband and I do not have the luxury of relying soley on his income. Also, the company I work for is very strict regarding attendance. I do not get sick days at all and at this point, I do not get paid fmla, just an excused day off. Therefore, I am certainly not going to abuse the right to take a day off when I don't feel well. I believe she is knowledgable, but I want a doctor caring for me during my pregnancy to be far more respectful and understanding.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2011

I absolutely love Dr. Dagostine! I have recommended her to all of my family and friends. She was there all through my pregnancy and even my delivery. I felt a connection with her more as soon as got to know her. She treats you like a person and not as a dollar sign. She actually will sit down and discuss anything you have on your mind and doesn't care to help either. I have been going to her ever since my son was conceived, which is going on 4 years in May. She has also been helping me with my TTC issues, and is currently trying to help me conceive #2. I will continue to go to her as long as I possibly can!!

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr. Ramona Davidson-Dagostine's Credentials

• Marshall University School Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in South Charleston, WV