Ratings for Dr. Steven C. Southern

The staff that worked for him was wonderful however I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to him. I think that he is a good doctor however he has an awful bedside manner. I think that being a doctor you need to have both qualities to make a patient feel good.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2016

Dr. Southern has been an amazing doctor throughout my pregnancy. His staff is wonderful, very professional, and extremely easy to work with. They always will fit me in if needed. Dr. Southern is very experienced and I feel very safe and well taken care of under his care. He was able to turn my breech baby, allowing me to avoid a c section. He is only one of a few docs locally who will do that procedure. He is very talented. After a bad experience at another ob/gyn's office, I am so glad I found him and highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2015

I do not care for this doctor I had exsperanced a Miscarge from his office and he just seemed like it did not matter he told me to go and pass it I tried to call the office no one called me back or wanted to even talk to me so I went to another doctor they had to do a dnc hiscosopie and the doctor I went to said if I was to just wait one more day I would had bleed to death. Thanks to the doctor for saving my life and no thanks to southerlan for all most killing me.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Dr. Southern and his staff are the best. I couldn't ask for a better!!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

Dr. Southern is the BEST ob/gyn in the state! I couldn't imagine having my daughter without him as my doctor! He is truly a blessing.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

He's the best! I wouldn't even think of going to anyone else.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

Dr Southern was my OB/GYN for all three of my children & he delivered 2 of them because I went into labor w/ my first child on a Sat when he was not on call. I could not say enough great things about him or his staff! He is very thorough & will stop at nothing to make sure he does everything humanly possible to see that you & the baby are as healthy as possible. He is very kind, takes his time to listen to me, & has tremendous bedside maner. My whole family loves going to the office to see him. We LOVE his nurse. My son can't wait to go see her. His office staff is quick, friendly, & organized. I would not go to anyone else. I actually enjoy going to my visits b/c of the friendliness & comfort that everyone in this office provides. I would highly reccomed Dr. Southern & staff.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2012

I was originally seeing another doctor who happened to be on vacation when I went into labor. Dr. Southern ended up delivering my son. I liked him so much and was so happy with how I was treated I switched to his practice. 5 years later, I still could not ask for abetter doctor. He takes time to answer any questions I have and his staff is so warm and friendly. I had a difficult first pregnancy and ended up with a tubal pregnancy last April. I am now 5 months into this pregnancy and Dr. Southern has been very thorough in making sure everything is going as it should and developing correctly. He has a wonderful bedisde manner and cares a lot about this patients.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

Wonderful doctor. Delivered both of my kids.Great bedside manner, very caring.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2009

Out of my 4 children he delivered 3. I recently had a twin pregnancy, one in which was a bit more "risky" because of their zygosity. At a routine visit at 33 weeks gestation Dr. Southern drove me HIMSELF to the hospital after one of my girls was in danger. From the time we left his office he had both of them out safely in under 42 minutes. To this day I cannot express my gratitude towards him. There are not enough adjectives to describe how wonderful this man is. Ask him the next time you go, I'm sure he'll know who you're talking about! I suggest him to anyone. He and his staff are fantastic.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Steven C. Southern's Credentials

• Marshall Univ Sch Of Med, Huntington Wv 25755 (Grad. 1991)

GHI
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 4-star rating has been posted. "The staff that worked for him was wonderful however I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to him. I think that he is a good doctor however he has an awful bedside..."

March 19, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Southern has been an amazing doctor throughout my pregnancy. His staff is wonderful, very professional, and extremely easy to work with. They always will ..."

August 15, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Steven" to "Steven C."

October 20, 2013