Ratings for Dr. Maria Dela Cruz

This doctor listens. She is also very personable, knowledgeable, and partners with you. I appreciate she doesn't rush through your appointment. I also like her office and its location. The staff have been very helpful in rescheduling appointments for me. The staff are friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

So glad to have her in Penticton. Punctuality may be an issue but that is because she will not rush anyone through their appointment. She is always willing to listen no matter what. Just call ahead and they will tell you if your appointment is on schedule. I don't know of any other doctor that will do this. Dr. Dela Cruz is also very knowledgeable and takes the time to explain everything. Thanks to the Dr. and her wonderful staff!

flag | Submitted December 5, 2017

Very caring, knowledgeable, Gets to the point, Wouldn't go to any other. Listens, speaks in a language a layman can understand.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2017

I don't know how anyone could give dr delacruz a good review other than her staff. I told her some personal health history which she immediately started gossiping about with her receptionist whIle I was present. I think trying to give me fertility medication before even examining me is highly negligent.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Very personable doctor, down to earth, and she listens to you!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

This doctor was part one of a long line of my mistreatment by a bunch of fertility experts. I told her my husband had cancer at 19 and had a testicular removed and I wanted a referral to ubc fertility. She said she would start by giving me a bunch of hormones to induce mass ovulation before even examining me. After saying no to that she referred me to ubc fertility. They said I would need an hsg done for some reason because I had no issues, I just wanted them to test my husbands morphology. After being scared into getting an hsg done by Dr. Timothy rowe of ubc fertility I agreed to let dr delacruz perform one at the small town city hospital. She showed up hold one arm in the air as she sprained or dislocated it, I said I wanted to reschedule. She said no, so using her one good hand she tried to force the tunes into my tunes and one of them she kept missing. I guess her good side was the sprained one, finally a male nurse intervened and just popped it in without issue. She wrote down that I had a clogged tube, which wasn't true . This being said gave ubc fertility the opportunity to use me as a training subject for their students. They did a laparoscopy on me with no findings whatsoever of a clogged tube or anything else to do with a fertility issue on my part. After the surgery 8 began to have problems. These doctors said they weren't responsible.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

I have nothing to bad to say about this great doctor. I had a surgery last May she knew I was very scared and she came to my bedside before the surgery and told me everything will be fine. Her voice totally calmed me. She also explained she would check the cyst I have on my left ovary and if she felt it had to be taken out she would. After my main surgery she told she looked at the cyst and decided it would be best to keep an eye on it as its not cancerous. Also she didnt want to another surgery as I had my gallbladder out a few months earlier. I and the public are so lucky to have her in Penticton

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr removed a tumor n ovaries. Very professional. Prior to surgery she came to my side and I will say that the reassurance in her eyes certainly calmed me. Two seconds later I was asleep what wonderful feeling. Thanks so much for that reassurance Louise

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

We owe our daughters life to Dr Dela Cruz. I was under the care of another OB when it was discovered at 33 weeks that the baby was measuring small and I had low fluid. I began having non stress tests at the hospital every few days. The tests were progressively getting worse and the 2 other OB's I saw just kept saying we will keep monitoring you. On my 5th non stress test in 9 days luckily Dr Dela Cruz was on call. Wishing 15 minutes of being hooked up to the monitor she was in to tell me that she was concerned about still birth of the baby became in distress as they could not deliver me there as it was too early. She recommended I be transferred immediately to Kelowna (have a NICU). We of course agreed having no clue things were that serious. She contacted the OB in Kelowna directly to have us transferred there rather than Vancouver as we live in Osoyoos. She kept me fully informed, comforted and reassured me and even talked to my husband on the phone as I was too emotional. Within 5 hours of being seen by her I was transported and being induced in Kelowna. Our daughter was born the next day weighing 3lbs 10oz. She is thriving now and we strongly feel if it hadn't been for Dr Dela Cruz we would have lost her. She is the only OB in Penticton I would ever see!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr. De La Cruz is very intelligent, caring, and thorough. I did have to wait a while for my appointment, but it was because a surgery she was in went longer than expected, so obviously it was out of her control. She is very gentle, cares about her patients, and is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015