Ratings for Dr. Garnett Tarr

ARROGANT, wont admit he’s wrong, thinks he has all the answers but no medical results are taking place in my health? Blames the patient for being sick, or the medications. Constant errors with prescriptions, then they charge you and won’t listen to reason. He punishes you for following the prescription guidelines that he wrote, then reduces your quantities so you are forced to suffer or go to hospital for treatment. One day someone is gonna our this Jackass in place!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Dr. Tarr has on a few occasions had temper tantrums and stormed out of the examination room for reasons I couldn't understand. Very unproffesioal and confrontational. i prefer to take my chances at a walk in clinic than to deal with him.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

If you have an issue other than minor health problems Dr Tarr isn’t that great of a Doctor to deal with. He seems to want to get you out as fast as you came. He makes mistakes on prescriptions and you are short before your next appointment, so when you request a refill they have the nerve to charge you $30 for his mistake. Quite the racket they have going. My previous doctor I had, before I moved, had all my medications in order and I was doing alright but after this know it all took over all my meds have been reduced or changed. Ever since I haven’t been doing as well as to prior becoming a patient of his. Sadly because of the huge shortage of doctors in the okanagon it was even hard enough to get this one or I would set him loose. Instead of reading my files from the previous doctor he wastes time with doing all the same tests as done before that just turned up the same thing. Meanwhile I am having to suffer while waiting for him to come to a conclusion. I think there is a bit of a communication problem as sometimes I feel he is just not listening and already has his mind set on the way the appointment is going. When discussing personal matters that are difficult to talk about, especially mental illnesses, he laughed when I mentioned very sensitive details. I am so fed up with feeling like I have no control of my health.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2017

Dr Tarr is a very compassionate caring thorough Doctor The waits to see him are well worth the time as he is so pleasant and knowledgable

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Our 10 year old child had severe back pain, we seen Dr.Tarr numerous times over a two month period for it, starting in September of 2015 finally he decided to do an x-ray. After an x-ray came back normal, and we seen him again numerous times for the same back pain, he said he would make a referral to a pediatrician. After 5 months of waiting, calling his office, showing up in person, a referral was still not done. And he had no excuse as to why he had not done this referral. Just saying he was away on holidays. I contacted his office through out December and January prior to his departure of his holidays, urging for a referral to be done. We took our child to a chiropractor in town, as we felt helpless that Dr Tarr was doing nothing for her debilitating pain. He pushed to have the x-ray re examined. The x-ray came back with abnormalities. In May our child was taken by ambulance to the hospital, where an E.R. Doctor did a simple blood test, and examined the X-ray abnormalities. It took her 5 minutes to make a referral to a rheumatologist. Dr Tarr reassured me there was nothing wrong with our child's spine. Our child has been diagnosed with Ankylosing Spondylitis. I seen him for stabbing chest pain, he gave me a breast exam, and told me I had chronic pain in my chest pain, I went back a week later as it felt worse, he ordered an x-Ray. I had a broken rib. Dr Tarr is the worst doctor we have ever seen, if your in pain he will have you come in many times before ordering proper tests, he doesn't care enough to do simple referrals, or simple tests promptly. The wait time in his office is terrible you will wait anywhere from 40 minuets to an hour and a half to see him. And it takes three weeks usually to get an appointment. I understand there is a shortage of doctors and wait times can be long. I don't mind waiting any amount of time, as long as proper care and treatment, are given. We are glad we didn't stop looking for help for our child. Now we can finally help her with proper treatment, and a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

Dr. Tarr is a very good Doctor. Yes I sometimes wait for a long time but I take a book and enjoy reading. He is always pleasant and my family are very pleased with the level of care we receive. It does bother us a little to sometimes have to wait three or four weeks for an appointment but that is due to the shortage of Doctors and it is everywhere. Thank you Dr. Tarr.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

I find Dr. Tarr to be very abrupt and condescending to legitimate concerns I have. He is very pushy and quick to prescribe unneeded medications. He doesn't follow up with medication interactions and has made a health issue worse for me. I also had somebody else's personal medical information attached to my chart. He was trying to treat me for something i dont even have!! You're going to wait at least an hour past your appointment, if not more. The front staff are also very indiscreet about other clients personal information.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2015

Great and caring doctor. Always seems to be able to squeeze you in when you deem it necessary. Sometimes have to wait but that is to be expected.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

dr Tarr is the greatest ,,he and his staff are wonderful ,,,

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr.tar is a great doctor but I find his staff (meaning the girls up front) releasing other patients info. They talk about it farly loud. I am affair to see him because I don't want my info shared with the intire town

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014