Ratings for Dr. Eric Elli

I've had a cough and cold like symptoms for over a month. I went in to the clinic because I needed a sick note for work, and because I was told 5 weeks is too long for a cough. After waiting 2 hours to see him he shooed me out in less than a minute with a piece of paper telling me what to do. He did nothing to diagnose me, and told me that it was normal to cough for this long. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He was rude, condescending and took no time on me as a patient.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

He's rather rude and dismissive, his physical assessment skills were pretty poor for a doctor, lol maybe go back to school and learn some manners big guy

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

My family has seen Dr. Elli in the walk-in clinic many times, and he has always been great. He's really good with kids and very funny. Maybe abrupt, but he has always treated us well and gotten to the bottom of the problem. No problems here. I think people should keep in mind that he is also a methadone doctor, and works in a walk-in where there's a big sign outside saying they will not prescribe narcotics. He's used to seeing a lot.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

This pathetic waste of space and sorry excuse for a human being should not be allowed to practice medicine. Period. It is really truly sad that Mr (I will refuse to call him "Dr") "sinus infection" works for the only walk-in clinic in St John's... He is rude, condescending, inappropriate, and physically abrupt. He will use his 40 seconds (I guess actually listening to your own symptoms is too much for him) to tell you that you have symptoms you do not have and vice versa...And yes he is a complete imbecile as a physician so whatever you have we will recommend to gargle with salt water... In sum, an absolutely terrible guy...Some of the other young doctors in his walk-in clinic are OK, though

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I'm fairly certain the only words this man knows are "sinus infection". I went in with a high fever and stomach bug. He jabbed his fingers into my face and asked if it hurt (it did, but only because he was jabbing me so hard) then told me I had a sinus infection. My boyfriend went in with pneumonia and strep and was told he had a sinus infection. Dr. Elli is a pathetic joke.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Do yourself a favour and see a real doctor not this money hungry scumbag.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

No mater what is wrong with you, this guy will tell you to go home and gargle with some nice salty water. It's become a running joke in our family, so much so that my 14 year old son said before he came into the exam room that that is exactly what he would say. After a rudimentary exam, he said to my son, "Go home and gargle with some nice salty water". My son and I both looked at each other and laughed. This guy is a joke!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I can agree with all the other commenters when saying this is the worst Doctor I've ever had to deal with. I was recently diagnosed with an ovarian tumour and am in need of an MRI or CT and this man refused to listen to me. When trying to explain my situation he told me to "stop arguing". He scribbled illegibly on a blood test sheet and shooed me out the door. The next day I went to the blood testing clinic and the nurses could not even read his name on the sheet.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

On arrival of Dr. Elli to the one-on-one room, from beginning to end, the doctor was bar none the worst I have ever experienced. He was openly rude, dismissive, insulting, abrasive, challenging, stubborn, unsympathetic, accusing, and ignored every word I spoke, every example I tried to give, cut me off and made fun of me and my pain. I have examples of the worst parts, but I couldn't fit nearly all of my bad experience in the number of characters permitted. included examples of why I wouldn't just caution against seeing this doctor, but why I also would highly recommend the clinic end all connections to him as well. I said "I think I may have an ear infection" to which he gave an irritated look and said "Don't think, that's not for you to decide." I explained that I have chronic ear infections, and that my family doctor has explained the symptoms and solutions to me very carefully, and having had nearly a dozen infections in the last 3 years I feel that I can quite reasonably say that, at least as a guess. He said "Well you're wrong, it's not an ear infection. It's a nose and throat infection" He then gave me a pamphlet that explained how to use salt solution to clean my nose and throat. That's it. I asked for antibiotics and maybe something to dull the pain, and he didn't like that much, saying "If you get infections so much you are doing something wrong, and this will help you learn how to do things right." I tried his prescribed antibiotics and now, days later, my ears have gotten so bad that a second trip to another doctor resulted in them saying what I was given would never have helped and now my ears are much worse. The better doctor then gave me a prescription which has helped me heal.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

should be avoided at all costs, and be supervised by the medical board at all times.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016