Ratings for Dr. Eric Elli

Eric Elli (I refuse to call him anything in any sort of resemblance to an actual Doctor). I went in with a terrible ear infection and he refused to agree with that I said and kept insisting it was a throat infection, and while I know the throat and ear infections can be very closely correlated this was not the case this time. He didn't even take a look inside my ear just aggressively grabbed and pulled me ahead and I told him if he ever touched me that way again we would have a serious problem. Regardless of that, he said it was in fact a throat problem (which I knew it wasn't), my REAL doctor just was on vacation and I needed to go to this god forsaken walk in clinic for that specific reason. He gave me the prescription after he basically wrote it and threw it at my feet and said get out. So I took the prescription to my real pharmacy and they said this doesn't seem right but I took it anyways and 5 days later I had to go to emergency because my ear infection had gotten that much worse. The worst part about it, is this is a member of our society we are supposed to look up to? This guy should be considered lower on the scale then dirt in the ground. He must've gotten his MD from a cereal box somewhere in the world, and his social skills must have came from years of dwelling in his parents basement with no social interaction with the world. This guy should never be allowed to deal with patients on any scale - let alone give them bogus prescriptions for things that ARE NOT the problem.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I have seen this doctor twice before. Once he misdiagnosed me, saying I had a skin tag that later turned out to be a large cyst that had to be removed in a day surgery, and a second time when I went to check out a UTI and he was convinced I had an STI, sent me for a urine test and said he would call me in a couple days to tell me which STI I had. Turns out it was a UTI like a thought. He seems dismissive and kind of condescending.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I've had a cough and cold like symptoms for over a month. I went in to the clinic because I needed a sick note for work, and because I was told 5 weeks is too long for a cough. After waiting 2 hours to see him he shooed me out in less than a minute with a piece of paper telling me what to do. He did nothing to diagnose me, and told me that it was normal to cough for this long. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He was rude, condescending and took no time on me as a patient.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

He's rather rude and dismissive, his physical assessment skills were pretty poor for a doctor, lol maybe go back to school and learn some manners big guy

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

My family has seen Dr. Elli in the walk-in clinic many times, and he has always been great. He's really good with kids and very funny. Maybe abrupt, but he has always treated us well and gotten to the bottom of the problem. No problems here. I think people should keep in mind that he is also a methadone doctor, and works in a walk-in where there's a big sign outside saying they will not prescribe narcotics. He's used to seeing a lot.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

This pathetic waste of space and sorry excuse for a human being should not be allowed to practice medicine. Period. It is really truly sad that Mr (I will refuse to call him "Dr") "sinus infection" works for the only walk-in clinic in St John's... He is rude, condescending, inappropriate, and physically abrupt. He will use his 40 seconds (I guess actually listening to your own symptoms is too much for him) to tell you that you have symptoms you do not have and vice versa...And yes he is a complete imbecile as a physician so whatever you have we will recommend to gargle with salt water... In sum, an absolutely terrible guy...Some of the other young doctors in his walk-in clinic are OK, though

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

I'm fairly certain the only words this man knows are "sinus infection". I went in with a high fever and stomach bug. He jabbed his fingers into my face and asked if it hurt (it did, but only because he was jabbing me so hard) then told me I had a sinus infection. My boyfriend went in with pneumonia and strep and was told he had a sinus infection. Dr. Elli is a pathetic joke.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

Do yourself a favour and see a real doctor not this money hungry scumbag.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

No mater what is wrong with you, this guy will tell you to go home and gargle with some nice salty water. It's become a running joke in our family, so much so that my 14 year old son said before he came into the exam room that that is exactly what he would say. After a rudimentary exam, he said to my son, "Go home and gargle with some nice salty water". My son and I both looked at each other and laughed. This guy is a joke!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

I can agree with all the other commenters when saying this is the worst Doctor I've ever had to deal with. I was recently diagnosed with an ovarian tumour and am in need of an MRI or CT and this man refused to listen to me. When trying to explain my situation he told me to "stop arguing". He scribbled illegibly on a blood test sheet and shooed me out the door. The next day I went to the blood testing clinic and the nurses could not even read his name on the sheet.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016