Ratings for Dr. Eric Elli

A few years ago (in 2009) I went to Dr. Elli because I had slipped on black ice and hit my right kneecap. There was no visible bruise or cut but, whenever I walked on it, I felt pain. I had gone to the Blackmarsh Road Walk-in Clinic because of that issue a week prior; the physician I saw (who was not Dr. Elli) told me that it was a bruised muscle and to rest it and, if it did not get better, to either come back or go to Emergency. I had no choice but to walk to the bathroom, kitchen, and my bedroom, but I did not go anywhere else. However, the pain was so bad that on Christmas Eve of 2009 I decided to return to the clinic since I was crying each time I spent any amount of time on my foot. My gut told me that going to the Emergency would be a waste of time so I decided to go back to the Walk-in Clinic. This time, Dr. Elli was working, and was the only one working that day. When I was called in, I had the receptionist help me into the exam room because of the pain. When Dr. Elli came in, I told him my problem but he cut me off while I was explaining it. He said "well you managed to walk in here didn't you?" I said yes, but only because I had help from one of his receptionists. I also pointed out that a friend dropped me off and had helped me to the door - this friend would pick me up when I was done. Dr. Elli refused to write anything; I was not asking for drugs; I was wondering if I should get an x-ray done but he would not even write a referral for that. He just said that I was making it up and wasting his time. I then pointed out that it was Christmas Eve and I would rather be anywhere but here, that I have better things to do than this. I then left, slammed the door (immature I know) and walked out of the clinic. Even though I was in pain, I didn't care, I wanted to be away from this man as soon as possible. When I left the clinic I started crying, not only because of the pain but also because of the way I was treated. I called my friend and told her what happened; she was shocked but said I should see someone so we went to the St. Clare's Emergency Room. I told the triage nurse and physician about Dr. Elli and they were not surprised (they have heard stories about him before) but said that I should have my injury looked at. I had x-rays done and it was discovered that all of my ligaments in my kneecap were torn; the only thing they could do was tell me to use ice and take Advil for the pain. They also wrote a note excusing me from work for the next two weeks. Because of the way I have been treated by Dr. Elli, and the stories I have heard, I always call to see what physicians are in the clinic; that way I won't be wasting my time going to the clinic only to find out that he is in - from my own experience and from what I have read, it seems he doesn't really care about his patients; to him, as long as he shows up to work, he will get the money.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

I went to see this "doctor" last friday because i was having servere pains in my chest on my left side that was making it difficult and painful to breathe. after going there at 2 o clock and they were not taking any more patient although they were open until 5.. then they went out for supper until 6.. i had to come back at 5 just to be able to get a number for when they opened at 6.. at 7:20 i finally got in to see him.. for him to literally look at me and say its your menstrual cycle.. take advil... I said id really like to have tests done, heart disease runs in my family.. he looks me right in the eye and says "do you do coke" I was shocked, my mouth dropped to the floor, as did my mothers ( who went in with me) i replied with "God, NO" so confused. and he said its your menstrual cycle just take an advil. and he walked out... I had the same pains again the next two days and had to go to emergency and am now having tests done for heart disease and was told those are not the symptoms you have from your menstrual cycle.. NEVER AGAIN will i ever go to see this so called "doctor" HORRIBLE PERSON!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Due to my family doctor being out of office, I had no choice but to go to his walk-in clinic this evening. I have Crohn's disease and am currently taking Methotrexate to treat my symptoms, unfortunately this medication kills the immune system making it next to impossible to fight infections. This being said, this morning when I woke up I had severe sinus pain, fever and could not swallow.. After waiting 2 hours to see him, he tried to tell me that I had no infection and that it was a common cold. I had to explain to him that if I don't get antibiotics for the infection, it could get much worse very quickly. After trying to convince me that it was all in my head, he finally agreed to prescribe me some antibiotics. He stated only because I'm methotrexate, is why he prescribed the antibiotics.. It was not a good experience, and I wouldn't recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2016

I was seen on Sunday. My husband & daughter have both been diagnosed with Strep Throat in the past 2 weeks. I attempted to explain this and that I now had the same thing as my daughter & huband, he was rude and told me I had a cold. He gave me a sheet saying to gargle with salty water and some other instructions. He also swapped my throat, and actually used the wrong type of swab to perform this procedure (I know this because I am an RN). Within 24 hours of been seen by this rude incompetent doctor I was in ER with a temp and a throats full of white pataches. I went to this walk in clinic on Sunday knowing that I had strep because I have a history of getting it and other individuals in my house had it. The visit was a total waist of time and I was treated horribly. The sad thing is that this individual is getting paid every time he sees and misdiagnoses a patient. There are a lot of patients out there that do not know that they are receiving inappropriate treatment from this individual. This is a very scary situation!!!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I have had nothing but horrible experiences with this doctor. Today was the second time I had to submit to going to the walk in clinic because of strep throat. On both occasions I left without being treated and had to seek alternative medical care. The last time I ended up in emergency because he refused to treat me for strep throat, insisting instead that I had a sinus infection. Today the same thing occurred and to add insult to injury, after waiting hours to see this "professional", I was aggressively handled during examination and told that I was "making it up". What a disgusting excuse for a doctor.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

He simply should not be in medicine. He refused to look at my "female" parts and therefore gave me an ineffective prescription. He also made sexist and feceseous comments and yelled at me. I couldn't take him seriously with ears like that anyways.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

What a piece of S**T! I went in with a UTI and I've had many in the past and know exactly what it feels like. First off he leaves the room and comes back and leaves the door open and then basically yells at me to close the door. I look at him and said Excuse me? this time he asks a little nicer so I slam the door. He doesn't look at you at all, just down at his desk. I asked him if I don't have a UTI then why am I in so much pain and urinating every few minutes and he says maybe its a yeast infection and drink more water. This was all he suggested. I of course knew at this point he's a complete incompetent fool so I wait till the next day (in agony) and go to my family doctor where I'm diagnosed with a UTI and given proper antibiotics. I wish I had my time back because I would have given that little creep a piece of my mind. I have no idea how this shrimp is still a doctor. Go take a long walk off a short peer you fool!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Eric Elli (I refuse to call him anything in any sort of resemblance to an actual Doctor). I went in with a terrible ear infection and he refused to agree with that I said and kept insisting it was a throat infection, and while I know the throat and ear infections can be very closely correlated this was not the case this time. He didn't even take a look inside my ear just aggressively grabbed and pulled me ahead and I told him if he ever touched me that way again we would have a serious problem. Regardless of that, he said it was in fact a throat problem (which I knew it wasn't), my REAL doctor just was on vacation and I needed to go to this god forsaken walk in clinic for that specific reason. He gave me the prescription after he basically wrote it and threw it at my feet and said get out. So I took the prescription to my real pharmacy and they said this doesn't seem right but I took it anyways and 5 days later I had to go to emergency because my ear infection had gotten that much worse. The worst part about it, is this is a member of our society we are supposed to look up to? This guy should be considered lower on the scale then dirt in the ground. He must've gotten his MD from a cereal box somewhere in the world, and his social skills must have came from years of dwelling in his parents basement with no social interaction with the world. This guy should never be allowed to deal with patients on any scale - let alone give them bogus prescriptions for things that ARE NOT the problem.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2016

I have seen this doctor twice before. Once he misdiagnosed me, saying I had a skin tag that later turned out to be a large cyst that had to be removed in a day surgery, and a second time when I went to check out a UTI and he was convinced I had an STI, sent me for a urine test and said he would call me in a couple days to tell me which STI I had. Turns out it was a UTI like a thought. He seems dismissive and kind of condescending.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

I've had a cough and cold like symptoms for over a month. I went in to the clinic because I needed a sick note for work, and because I was told 5 weeks is too long for a cough. After waiting 2 hours to see him he shooed me out in less than a minute with a piece of paper telling me what to do. He did nothing to diagnose me, and told me that it was normal to cough for this long. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. He was rude, condescending and took no time on me as a patient.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016