Ratings for Dr. Stephen M. Brown

As nice as Doctor Brown is...I have to have corrective surgery to fix a problem that should not have happened and I am not the only one to have this. He place four sutures inside my bladder for a Burch. On January 31, 2011 discovered there is foreign objects in my bladder that have erosion growing off. Sutures he put inside my bladder, and I'm in constant pain. Accused my husband of giving me an STD, still cannot have sex. The pain is so bad I cannot even sit at times. If it is too cold out it hurts, too hot out it hurts. Feels like a knife is being pushed into my private, and when I pee it feels like something is stuck and won't come out. Now I have too have another surgeon fix this. Oh and to top it off, I am separated and had to get Medicaid and the good people of NY have to pay for this mistake. To date, 3 Dr.s have confirmed sutures were placed inside my bladder when they never go inside. Soon I will ask the public how they feel about paying their tax money for this.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

Apparently enjoys doing surgeries, or perhaps he just wanted to get home for dinner. I would like to share with him that if all is going well (ie. no fetal distress, mother is doing well), then there is no reason to force a laboring mother to stay in bed. THAT is why my labor stopped progressing... 12 hours isn't long enough to give a first time mother to reach the pushing stage. He was very unkind when I asked about the possibility of a VBAC. I'm glad I have done my research and found another doctor that is supportive of natural childbirth and does not do unnecessary c-sections.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

My husband and I tried for years to get pregnant and then we found Dr. Brown! He helped us with the entire fertility process and we are happy to announce the arrival of our first child this spring! Everyone in the office is so compassionate and kind. They take the time for you when you are there and they really listen to your concerns not like other practices my husband and I have been to. We really feel like we matter when we are there. We are so thankful for this office! They are state of the art when it comes to fertility, so if you are looking to get pregnant this is the practice for you! We can't wait to deliver and do it all over again! Thank you Dr. Brown and staff! DW

flag | Submitted February 6, 2007

I generally saw another doctor in the practice, but I saw him if my normal doctor wasn't there. He was on call the day I delivered my son, and did a great job. Very nice, but anytime I saw him he took a long time to come in and start the visit. Great staff.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2007

Dr. Stephen M. Brown's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1998)