You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Stephen Grodinsky

As new parents, we didn't stay long with Dr. Grodinsky. Even after reading the mixed bag of reviews, we thought it would work. Things we found out: he is rude, does not support breastfeeding (within the first two weeks told me to "suck it up, everyone finds it painful" when the topic of feeding came up and that I was looking into getting an ointment because I was cracking and bleeding, another occasion he told me to " know when to give up (breastfeeding)"), then he wanted my baby admitted because the wee one didn't fall into his exact chart for weight and basically wanted baby to be force fed to gain (although baby was healthy and I repeatedly mentioned small babies run in the family). We chose to move away from this poisonous relationship and go with a GP which turns out to be the smarter route for short and long term.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Grodinsky is great and his office staff is too. I take both my boys there, 5 and 1 years old. My oldest had ear problems (it seemed since the day he was born) whenever I called about any concern they would squeeze us in right away. He sent us to the specialist when needed and stayed up to date with the progress along the way. He is knowledgeable and takes his time with my children. My oldest loves him. He has alway been honest with me with good and bad. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my children.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

To start off Dr. Grodinsky's receptionist is very rude to me some of the time, other times she's ok but it's not consistent. The nurse is awesome with my girls. They are generally on time but appointments are long and he is all over the place, I and out of the room. As far as knowledge and helpfulness he literally sends you to cheo for everything, for every test under the sky and after waiting there for hours you usually get sent home with a healthy kid. My daughter is a year and a half and has had a catheter (to check for urine infection, came back negative) and blood work multiple times always coming back normal.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

Dr. G has been an excellent Dr to our 2 kids, both born prematurely. He is extremely knowledgeable, takes the time to intereact with us, as well as the kids now that they are older (5 and 3) and has an amazing staff in Cindy and Colette. We did a lot of searching for a good Dr. for our son when he was born 5 weeks premature. We could not have been luckier that he was accepting new patients at the time. Anytime, and I mean everytime we need a quick appointment, Cindy ALWAYS has a spot for us that same day. I believe the people with negative comments regarding Dr. G are the same people who need to be coddled in life and care more about Dr's making them feel special than actually being good at what they do. In the end, he isn't there to kiss mom or dad's butt and make them feel all warm and cozy, he's there to ensure the health of your kid(s). He is extremely thourough, knows and remembers our kids and their health concerns and truly cares for them. If he's unsure he does not hesitate to refer them to a specialist and always follows up. If he's accepting new patients and you're looking for an amazing pediatric Dr., he's your guy and you'll be lucky to have him. Thanks Dr G and staff.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2015

I have been going to him past 6 years ,no complains. He knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Dr. Grodinsky is the doctor you can trust for your child. He is very knowledgeable, thorough, hard working and every thing you can ever expect from a good doctor. For a doctor who is so passionate about his profession and so caring for your child that he would make you do every thing in the world which is best for the child, sweet talk is just too much to ask for. My baby was born premature and this great doctor made me do all the right things. At times I was scared of him, other time I was hesitant but still when ever there was a test of his judgement, he proved to be the best. You can get an appointment for the same day if your child has an issue, he refers you to a specialist when needed and has after hours and weekend support from fellow pediatricians. Cindy is epitome of efficiency and the nurse is efficient, humorous and very friendly. Now we are on earth ........it can't get better than this:). Overall a very honest man who really puts heart into his work.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2014

I find him extremely rude. He never talks with you its alway at you. Then he had the nerve to say that my daughter was over weight. She 14.2 kg and she 30 months old. Then went on to say that she should get off the junk food. She two and a half years old we don't feed her junk food. I find he is a little rough with the kids. After talking with other parents no one else has had the hip test. Where he literally popped my daughters leg out of its socket and put it back into place. At the time I didn't know any better but no one else has a clue what the test is for. I've just never delt with a doctor with that bad of bed side manors. The last thing we need is for my daughter to have an eating disorder. If she had been a twelve year old little girl who knows.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Dr. Grodinsky is the best doctor for kids in town! He's very knowledgeable and pay attention to every details of my kids health status. My daughter is 6 year old now, he was there the first day since she was born, he found out her heart problem (she was only 37 wks) and send us to CHEO on the same day. He then followed up with her until she's completely fine a few months later. All these years he's been take care of her as a good responsible doctor and we know she's in good hand. Without doubt when I had my son 2 years later we contacted Dr. Grodinsky for being his family doctor.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2013

I feel compelled to rate this doctor. We came to him because my younger daughter had a rash, and our regular pediatrician was on vacation. Dr. Grodinsky examined her, discovered that she has an enlarged spleen and liver by simply doing the tapping test on her abdomen. Wrote a letter for us, advised us to go to CHEO'S emergency for blood test, and even called the ER doctor as we were driving to CHEO. This was not the end, the next day, bright and early, I gor a follow up phone call from Dr. Grodinsky's office inquiring about my daughter. Later I learned that he also called the ER again. I am so impressed with his extreme knowledge, professionalism and compassion, it's hard to put my appreciation into words! My daughter has been admitted to CHEO for extremely elevated level of liver enzymes. Luckily and thankfully, because of Dr. Grodinsky, she's in good hands now. Highly recommend this doctor to anyone! His staff are very gentle and warm too! THANK YOU Dr. Grodinsky!

flag | Submitted March 10, 2012

I have to say from day one I thought this Doctor was so rude. I was in there with a newborn and he was just talking at me and not to me. At this point I don't care how much he knows, I have had enough and finding another Doctor. Oh and his secretary is the worst I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2011

Dr. Stephen Grodinsky's Credentials

Updates

• A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "As new parents, we didn't stay long with Dr. Grodinsky. Even after reading the mixed bag of reviews, we thought it would work. Things we found out: he is ru..."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Grodinsky is great and his office staff is too. I take both my boys there, 5 and 1 years old. My oldest had ear problems (it seemed since the day he was bor..."

March 3, 2016
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "To start off Dr. Grodinsky's receptionist is very rude to me some of the time, other times she's ok but it's not consistent. The nurse is awesome with my girls...."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. G has been an excellent Dr to our 2 kids, both born prematurely. He is extremely knowledgeable, takes the time to intereact with us, as well as the kids no..."

November 10, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "K2E0" to "K2H 8T5". Address has been updated from "None" to "2948 Baseline Road". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16138283310".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to him past 6 years ,no complains. He knows what he is doing."

October 6, 2014
  • City changed from "Ottawa" to "Nepean"

May 19, 2012