Ratings for Dr. Stephen Grodinsky

We had to do a weekend visit and while the receptionist and the nurses were nice and listening to us, the doctor was the worst we've seen in the city so far. He didn't talk to our son (just under 3 years old) before putting his hand in his mount to open it and of worse when he had to take a sample. No compassion, no children's skills at all. Our son cried the second time he came into the room as he was so scared to be hurt again. My son never really cried for a vaccine and actually likes going to the doctor. This one, he was totally against him. We didn't have a choice but I would never recommend him, more like advise against him!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

I have 5 children under the age of 13 and they have all seem him since birth; he is extremely knowledgeable, listens to all concerns and will absolutely do what is best for the child. he takes his job very seriously which may come across as "rude" to some given the way he may talk or address certain concerns. I have never left his office feeling like he didn't address any concerns or my child's needs. He is overly thorough and will always error on the side of caution. I have had a couple of my children in the hospital overnight for various reasons and he has always called the doctor taking care of them for updates. Does this sound like a doctor who isn't fully committed? No.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Receptionist is very very rude. The doctor is also rude and does not listen to your questions and just ignores you.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Great doctor. Very knowledgeable. Spends a considerable amount of time with patients compared with most doctors. Staff is very good and the nurse is great as well. I would recommend this pediatrician to all my friends.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Crappy, does not listen...for a doctor who deals with children he does not hear them when they speak. My daughter is quiet and speaks with a quiet shy voice, it broke my heart to see her sad when he dismissed her answers. How do you explain to a child why he did that..I couldn't and still can't. Sorry but would not recommend this doctor..very poor for a paediatrician

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Rude, condescending, terrible bed side manner. Does not listen, talks over you, the man is arrogance personified.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

He is very thorough. I love that I KNOW my kids are healthy after a check up. He is not a "wait-and-see" doctor but one who likes to nip things in the bud. Excellent care for the past 9 years.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr.Grodinsky is a very knowledgeable Doctor, but his bed side manor is terrible. Although he is knowledgeable listening to parents about their childs symptoms is not his strong suit. He talks over you and not to you. I have never had a problem getting squeezed in for an appointment and never had to wait long in the waiting room. Punctuality is great and so are the rest of the staff! I trust Dr.Grodinsky completely with my child just wish he could listen to parents concerns.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

As new parents, we didn't stay long with Dr. Grodinsky. Even after reading the mixed bag of reviews, we thought it would work. Things we found out: he is rude, does not support breastfeeding (within the first two weeks told me to "suck it up, everyone finds it painful" when the topic of feeding came up and that I was looking into getting an ointment because I was cracking and bleeding, another occasion he told me to " know when to give up (breastfeeding)"), then he wanted my baby admitted because the wee one didn't fall into his exact chart for weight and basically wanted baby to be force fed to gain (although baby was healthy and I repeatedly mentioned small babies run in the family). We chose to move away from this poisonous relationship and go with a GP which turns out to be the smarter route for short and long term.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

Dr. Grodinsky is great and his office staff is too. I take both my boys there, 5 and 1 years old. My oldest had ear problems (it seemed since the day he was born) whenever I called about any concern they would squeeze us in right away. He sent us to the specialist when needed and stayed up to date with the progress along the way. He is knowledgeable and takes his time with my children. My oldest loves him. He has alway been honest with me with good and bad. I wouldn't trust anyone else with my children.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016