Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Olin

I was diagnosed with genetic vascular disorder based on I cidental findings. My care was orchestrated by an NP who works with Dr Olin who made sure all diagnostic tests were done prior to seeing the Dr Olin. He spent a lot of time going over fi dings and recommendations. I am fortunate to have such a thorough and attentive doctor.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

I totally did not like Dr. Olin. First of all, he said how did you find me? What kind of question is that? Was he afraid I was going to say something about how I know he had a practice in New Jersey that went out of business. So he goes to New York. I had a doppler of my neck and renal arteries done by a radiologist in his office. Then Dr. Olin comes in the office, and my husband and another doctor, Dr. Goldfinger were there to witness it, Dr. Olin comes behind the chair I was sitting in and (he's a pretty big man that has the shakes), and he pushed so hard with both his palms on my internal jugular vein and my carotid arteries to see if my pulsatile tinnitus would go away - when I walked in his office I could breath, after he pushed so hard on my neck, I could not breath right. I noticed it when I was walking out to the parking garage. Come to find out he must have hit a nerve on my larynx and made me have vocal cord dysfunction....where it's hard for me to breathe in and I have to take breathing lessons. I go back to him and he didn't even want to see me - he sent Goldfinger in to see me, then he finally came in. He made Goldfinger walk me up and down the hallway for my oxygen level but these two supposedly called doctors didn't realize that this was a total waste because with vocal cord dysfunction it may cause airflow obstruction but rarely results in reduction of oxygen saturation. Of course my oxygen was going to be close to 100%. It causes it hard to take breaths. He has the nerve to say up my anti-anxiety medicine (good excuse, huh doc). And, he nor Dr. Goldfinger never followed up with me to see how I was feeling - because they knew Olin was negligent.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2014

There is no other specialist I would feel comfortable with managing my vascular disease. I've always found him very pleasant, but with regards to a couple of the comments here, I am more concerned with the expertise and quality of care that I receive than the doctor's bedside manner, or how long I have to wait. I realize that Dr. Olin is the best in his field and that he is extremely busy. I also realize that in any medical office there are going to be times when things get backed up, especially when the specialist is sometimes called to deal with a medical emergency (this can't be helped). I would rather wait for Dr. Olin than have someone with less skill and expertise see me right on time.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Staff fit me in due to an emergency. Doctor saw me w/o an appointment after the doppler so I did not need to make another appt., and clearly, the doctor and staff were very busy. Appropriate tests performed due to an emphasis on medical history as well as concern for my children given potential genetic issues. Prescribed the newest, most effective medication. First doctor not as knowledgeable--left me unprotected and vulnerable to dangerous blood clots. Lucky to have found Dr. Olin. Staff very kind, competent and efficient. Always call back when I have questions/problems.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Dr Olin is clearly very smart, however, his sainthood reputation is much over rated.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2010

Having read so much about Dr Olin's bedside manner, I couldn't wait to meet him to help diagnosis a rare condition that I have. The staff made errors in booking, I was left in the exam room for an hour, things were rushed and I never got resolution on my condition because the dr had to leave. I don't know what is going on with my condition and hopefully will get answers soon. Very disappointed in the rushed exam and no resolution for my condition.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2010

I absolutely LOVE this doctor !!!!! He reminds me of an oldfashioned MD,in the fact that he goes above and beyond his duties. He is my son's doctor,and he treats us both with respect,compassion,and amazing care and concern for our welfare,and well being !!!! He is a doctor who obviously cares for his patients ,and puts their needs FIRST !!!!! I highly recommend himto all,and APPLAUD him for his efforts as an outstanding Physician !!!! The world is truly blessed to have him in the medical community ,and i sincerely feel his genuineness and concern for me and my son !!!! THANK YOU DR. OLIN !!!!!! I wish there were more doctors out there of your quality and caliber!!!!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Having seen dozens of doctors in my lifetime, I can say without hesitation that Dr. Jeff Olin stands out as a true gem. He gives of himself continuously to help make the health (and lives) of patients better. He has a great sense of humour and is that rare blend of being both brilliant and caring. I only wish there were more doctors like him - in every country. :)

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. Jeffrey Olin's Credentials

• Hebrew

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1977)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal