Ratings for Dr. David Backstein

I have reached 10 year anniversary for the replacement for both of my knees. I ride my bike 5 days a week and also hike around here, as well as a specific hiking trip each year. 5 stars from me. Note, you have to do your own work to get better, it is a two way effort.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2017

Dr. Backstein saved my infected knee from amputation. I'll always be grateful for his surgical experience and patience.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

his staff were horrible, did not respond to my gp or me. Like other person mentioned lost in the shuffle. He had the nerve to say he is the best, yet no good if you have to wait to get something fixed that he did that didn't work. Issue was never resolved and now too late because he was too busy

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Great experience. This doc does his best and solved my knee problem that no one else could figure out. His office is very busy but they do their best to help as many people as possible. Thanks Dr. B!

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

no follow up - too much ego, his office staff were not helpful in resolving issues had to go above their head to get issues addressed but too late by then

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Total knee replacement 2 months ago......rough rehab ride but all is good thank you Jesus.!!!!!! This surgeon is a,Moses.!!!!!' Mt. Sinai Toronto is terrible.....nurses were terrible..😪😪😪😪

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Did a bilateral knee replacement and 6 weeks later I am walking and doing great. Still working on the range of motion but i'm already up to 115 degrees and getting better all the time. I have been walking without a walking aid for 3 weeks and fairly close to my normal stride, can't wait for the golfing season to start. Thanks Doc you're the best.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Do you have to make an appointment directly or you have to ask your family doctor to refer you to him! Thanks for the replies in Advance.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Backstein performed a revision of my left knee after issues with the first replacement not having been done appropriately by another surgeon. He then replaced my right knee two months later. Things are wonderful now, I can walk without any pain in my knees and it has truly changed my life. I am so very grateful to him, his assistant and all of the Mt. Sinai team for their skill, support and kindness in getting me recovered and my life back.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

The best is always worth waiting for.Dr.Backstein and his staff were wonderful to me.I had my first hip replaced in July and my second one replaced in Sept.Two days in the hospital both times.Everyone including myself are surprised and astounding at how quickly I have recovered.I am thrilled with the results of my surgery and with Dr Backsteins' expert care.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016