Ratings for Dr. David Backstein

The best is always worth waiting for.Dr.Backstein and his staff were wonderful to me.I had my first hip replaced in July and my second one replaced in Sept.Two days in the hospital both times.Everyone including myself are surprised and astounding at how quickly I have recovered.I am thrilled with the results of my surgery and with Dr Backsteins' expert care.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Yes, the original wait was long to see this doctor, but it was well worth the wait for the best. Dr. Backstein answered my questions before and after my surgery. Joanna, his assistant was good at running a very very busy office and yes the wait could be long. But still worth it.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

The best of the best surgeon should match with hiring or recognize the best staff too. His assistant let me wait for a year as I keep on calling my GP's office for update. On the month for the 1 year wait the assistant eventually never looked at my files (since the assistant called and said she lost the file after the nurse called her or the the doctor for that matter) rejected to see me. They should have told me from the very beginning instead of letting me wait for a while. Not very professional.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

There's a reason the entire province sends him their difficult cases. He is a world expert at what he does and a credit to our healthcare system.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Not happy with the office and Doctor. It's like an assembly line and Dr Backstein doesn't take the time to listen to his patients. Phone calls not returned.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Saved my life and my leg. I am grateful to Jim and his staff

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016

Amazing knee surgeon. Clearly one of the best in the world.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

This doctor and all the people that work with him are amazing. His knowledge and surgical skills are second to none. He was able to clear 2 years of infection in my knee and give me more mobility than my former surgeon thought possible.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

A year after having my knee replacement I can't even tell that it is artificial. I can bend it fully and kneel with no problem. The scar is very thin and hardly noticeable. Dr. Backstein is caring and one of the best in his field. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Now 3 1/2 years after my total knee replacement, l'm thrilled to be doing all that l did before. Winter, I ski 5 days a week, summer, l cycle 18 km every morning, hike, snow shoe, kayak and power walk trying to stay in good health. Dr. Backstein, you gave me back my excitment for life, the adventure in my soul and now my husband is working hard to keep up with me. I am 67 years old and loving life in Collingwood. If l need the second knee done one day, guess who l will have doing it. Thanks to doctors like you, life is good. U. R.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2013