Ratings for Dr. David Backstein

Total knee replacement 2 months ago......rough rehab ride but all is good thank you Jesus.!!!!!! This surgeon is a,Moses.!!!!!' Mt. Sinai Toronto is terrible.....nurses were terrible..😪😪😪😪

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Did a bilateral knee replacement and 6 weeks later I am walking and doing great. Still working on the range of motion but i'm already up to 115 degrees and getting better all the time. I have been walking without a walking aid for 3 weeks and fairly close to my normal stride, can't wait for the golfing season to start. Thanks Doc you're the best.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2017

Do you have to make an appointment directly or you have to ask your family doctor to refer you to him! Thanks for the replies in Advance.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

Dr. Backstein performed a revision of my left knee after issues with the first replacement not having been done appropriately by another surgeon. He then replaced my right knee two months later. Things are wonderful now, I can walk without any pain in my knees and it has truly changed my life. I am so very grateful to him, his assistant and all of the Mt. Sinai team for their skill, support and kindness in getting me recovered and my life back.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

The best is always worth waiting for.Dr.Backstein and his staff were wonderful to me.I had my first hip replaced in July and my second one replaced in Sept.Two days in the hospital both times.Everyone including myself are surprised and astounding at how quickly I have recovered.I am thrilled with the results of my surgery and with Dr Backsteins' expert care.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2016

Yes, the original wait was long to see this doctor, but it was well worth the wait for the best. Dr. Backstein answered my questions before and after my surgery. Joanna, his assistant was good at running a very very busy office and yes the wait could be long. But still worth it.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2016

The best of the best surgeon should match with hiring or recognize the best staff too. His assistant let me wait for a year as I keep on calling my GP's office for update. On the month for the 1 year wait the assistant eventually never looked at my files (since the assistant called and said she lost the file after the nurse called her or the the doctor for that matter) rejected to see me. They should have told me from the very beginning instead of letting me wait for a while. Not very professional.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2016

There's a reason the entire province sends him their difficult cases. He is a world expert at what he does and a credit to our healthcare system.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

Not happy with the office and Doctor. It's like an assembly line and Dr Backstein doesn't take the time to listen to his patients. Phone calls not returned.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

Saved my life and my leg. I am grateful to Jim and his staff

flag | Submitted February 25, 2016