Ratings for Dr. Mike Spittle

Went to see him Dec 2011. I just found this site to write a review: Horrible. A truly bad Dr. in my opinion. Do not waste your time waiting for the referral to visit this guy, in my opinion. If your Dr. tries to refer you to Dr. Spittel, ask for another Dr. Want an exam. rm. that was cleaned after the previous patient? Not this guy. Want a Dr. that won't take a call on the speakerphone regarding another patient in front of you? Not this guy. Want a Dr. that will sit down w/ you and listen to you for at least 10 mins. and come up w/ a plan to fix your problem? Not this guy. Avoid this guy, if you can. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

Had surgery a few weeks ago to have my gallbladder removed. Read the reviews on this site beforehand. And yes, I was still willing to go. I thought he did an excellent job. I found him pretty funny. He did tell me to bring my wife to any appointments as he does not like to repeat himself. Um....okay that was kinda condescending....but I still give him 5 stars for explaining everything, doing the operation, and meeting with me twice afterwards for follow ups to make sure everything was okay.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Dr. Spittle MD is an EXCELLENT Doctor...was afraid because of things other people had posted...what a Bunch of ....! He is funny, considerate, excellent and courteous..explains eveything that has happened to you and it going to happen..helps put me on the bed and examination room throughout my visit. Very, very satisfied..maybe the people that had a problem they are the problem!! Nice clean office and building, very professional great comfy chairs in waiting area......Cannot wait until my next appointment. Thank you, Dr. Spittle.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Don't let this guy near you, I almost died at the hands of this guy !!!!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Happen to be in ER in Maple Ridge with severe abdominal pain. Turned out to be gall bladder stones. I was not eating for 4 days, kept trowing everything up. Stayed overnight at the hospital and was released the next morning by Dr Spittle, saying that I am going to be ok. He was making stupid jokes and looked unprofessional. I was released with (turned out to be) intestine blockage and my liver started releasing toxins in the blood. In a couple of days of suffering I went to Royal Columbian in New West and was treated. Both ER doctor in New West and my family doctor was surprised Dr Spittle had released me without any diagnosis.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Been in the hospital for over 24 hours now at Ridge Meadows with severe abdominal pain. Was told Dr Spittle would see me yesterday afternoon. I've now been this hospital for over 24 hours with no visit or update from the doctor at all. No one will even tell me what the course of action is or when i get to leave, anything!!!

flag | Submitted July 25, 2016

Had to have surgery and Dr.Spittle dis a great job and I am feeling much better. Hos staff was very helpful also

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

i recently had to have emergency surgery for a perforated duodenum. i feel very fortunate to have had Dr spittle as my surgeon. He took my pain away. i found him to be a very humble man. when i said goodbye to him when i was discharged he said he felt privileged to have taken care of me. :). after my surgery i thanked him and told him he was a wonderful doctor. he replied, "oh no no! you are a wonderful patient" :) all the staff at Ridge Meadows Hospital were great.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Dr spittel advised my wife that she needed open abdominal surgery without even assessing her. He smelt strongly of cigarette smoke and made jokes while she was in severe pain. He repeated abdominal x-rays only 4 hrs apart and used them to attempt to convince my wife to accept the surgery stating she had a partial small bowel obstruction that needed full open surgery. After 24 hrs in his care we had more than 5 of the hospital nurses tell us to go and get a second opinion. I then discharged my wife against Dr. spittle advice and took her to a larger hospital. Upon arrival the nurses joked about how terrible Dr. spittle is. The new surgeon recommended conservative treatment, no surgery and she was better in 2 days. Please stay completely away from this guy. A total Hack with a suitable reputation.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

When first meeting Dr Spittal he does not answer questions, he wants his answers! Get to the point! Didn't examine me, scooted me out the door, to wait for 3 months for a colonoscopy (because bleeding, low blood count = needed emergency blood transfusion), Secretary cancels my appointment - WHY ---Dr is going on holidays (so WHY the scheduled appointments?). People have taken day off from work (wages lost) to pick me up from hospital (guess that is not his concern?). Wait another 3 months, still bleeding, taking EXPENSIVE IRON PILLS, but you have to STOP TAKING IRON PILLS 7 days before surgery, so getting weaker every day & I prepare the prescribed medications to be mixed & put in the refrigerator for the next morning at 6 am (can it be frozen? It is expensive!) . I get a voice-mail message " the DAY BEFORE SURGERY after 6 pm"a (office is closed - cancellation again for another 36 days! I am going to get another doctor! This is ridiculous - HOW ABOUT all the other peoples' LOST WAGES..........If YOU are planning on a holiday - DON"T BOOK PATIENTS.........furious.....disgusted and annoyed!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015